Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article My Favourite Role on FMM - Deep Lying Playmaker

Kinda forgot to add my own little reply to this wonderful article, hope I'm not too late :)

In real life - perhaps because I've mostly covered defensive roles myself, always loved seeing an out and out LD at work. No-nonsense defenders, now that's a real man's role :) I can truly find beauty in a role that's meant to be played by "brutes". The rolled up sleeves, shin pads? Yeah right! perfectly timed tackles, oops, caught a bit of the opponent's meat..who cares! the hail marry attempts to stop a ball from passing the line, faking injuries? these players ignore 'em and tend to these after 90min only, if at all. I guess back then I played kinda like a mixture of football and rugby lol

Also really love BWMs and BBMs but in FMM as discussed already BWMs are no good unfortunately but I use the BBM quite regularly.

In FMM life - rarely use LDs tbh as I simply need a better passing game for better results. And more on topic - DLP - can't live without 'em in this game. I love using very att.minded formations so having a DLM/P in midfield for defensive cover to the back 3 or even back 2 :) is crucial. My favorite role in this year's FMM version tho is probably the IF since they're so deadly.

Another great read!

6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Kinda forgot to add my own little reply to this wonderful article, hope I'm not too late :)

Never to late for your thoughts mate(y)

Interesting thoughts on  LD. The last thing I think of with Dutch football is no nonsense style defenders. Sounds like your style of play would have fitted in well on the muddy parks here in England that I used to play on.

I know this is a really old article but this position in particular has always amazed me in the way that it can dictate the tempo of the match without even "highlighting" that much, I wasn´t in the site when this was written (and other people too) so i would like to say thanks now that i´m here¿ anyways incredible @Foxy

59 minutes ago, alfredykyk said:

@Lautaro Bianchi I feel that DLPs in this year's version could get the work done, but they often get poor ratings (rarely above 6), so if you put young players in DLP they cannot develop well.  I prefer DMs or CMs.

Yeah that's a shame, they don't part take that much in defense either (not like the roles you mentioned) so it feels kinda sad watching them perfom badly by sitting behind two midfieldiers doing nothing but passing the ball without that much of an objective tbh, that's why I lost all interest in trying to play the game like prime 4-3-3 Tiki-taka Barcelona where Busquets as a DLP performed on another level of course he did a lot more than just a normal DLP but i guess you get my point @alfredykyk

Edited by Lautaro Bianchi

I think @Foxy still swears by them now. I personally think the rating is a bit of an in-game glitch as when you analyse their stats - passes and tackles made, for example - they tend to still be excellent.

I tend to avoid having a DLP anywhere in my tactics, my favourite midfield 3 would usually be AP-CM-BBM (from left to right) if I'm playing with a DM, I would always have him as a BWM, the game never seems to rate DLP's fairly, and my BWM's tend to offer a lot more defensively and they keep passes simple shifting the ball to my creative players further up the pitch.