Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Will you play with EME?

Will you play with the EME on FMM18? Ever since Fmh2015 the EME is harder in that tactics are effective for only a season before AI teams "learn", adapt, & "figures out" the counter to render your earlier tactic almost completely ineffective; making you needing whole new tactical formations, roles & instructions every season, if not every other.

I've using the same tactics over and over with no problem.

However, it's important to note that if you truly play the exact same players in the exact same positions and not adapting your tactics midgame season after season, you'll be slaughtered. Even rotating different players in the same roles can be enough to change up the tactics quite a bit

As the other guys said you can use the same formation and tactics for a long time. Its just a case of keeping things fresh within the squad and perhaps the odd tweak here and there to keep the opposition guessing and to suit new signings better. As @Meowcorrectly says changes midgame are also very important to keep the opposition on there toes and exploit weakness in there team and tactics or simply if you need to hold a lead or chase a winning goal.

I think that is all part of the fun of the game.

I for one will only play the EME I consider the OME to be outdated and predictable and in need of scrapping IMO. With regards to changing tactics isn't that part of making the game fun, does any great manager in the world play the exact same tactics week in week out season after season no they don't. Learn to adapt and tweak as you go and with the right tactic you can have as much success as you want.

I haven't used the OME in years, I don't understand the need for it. 

I'd like to see a few more tactical options in the EME, but I'm glad that it's challenging, I'd rather struggle to success every year than win the league by 15-20 points, without having to ever change tactics 

On 19/08/2017 at 09:37, Mikee1984 said:

I for one will only play the EME I consider the OME to be outdated and predictable and in need of scrapping IMO. With regards to changing tactics isn't that part of making the game fun, does any great manager in the world play the exact same tactics week in week out season after season no they don't. Learn to adapt and tweak as you go and with the right tactic you can have as much success as you want.

OME predictable but the EME isn't?? There's a last minute goal every other game and like 50% of goals are offside. Most of the goals come from long shots. I understand the tactical side of things but using predictability as a reason for wanting the OME scrapped is just ridiculous.

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

OME predictable but the EME isn't?? There's a last minute goal every other game and like 50% of goals are offside. Most of the goals come from long shots. I understand the tactical side of things but using predictability as a reason for wanting the OME scrapped is just ridiculous.

It's an opinion and I hope SI see sense and get rid.

If SI gets rid them I am out of the game. 

The EME is just horrible to play, for the way I like to play the game. Lots of pointless delays and I agree with @samhardythere is so many last minute goals its silly!

Before you say about getting a better phone/tablet I have a top spec one but I just don't like the speed of the game play.

52 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

If SI gets rid them I am out of the game. 

The EME is just horrible to play, for the way I like to play the game. Lots of pointless delays and I agree with @samhardythere is so many last minute goals its silly!

Before you say about getting a better phone/tablet I have a top spec one but I just don't like the speed of the game play.

I will continue to play both engines. I like the different experience. Tbh it isn't the end of the world for me if SI get rid of the OME but giving us, the players, fewer options isn't ideal. 

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I will continue to play both engines. I like the different experience. Tbh it isn't the end of the world for me if SI get rid of the OME but giving us, the players, fewer options isn't ideal. 

Exactly, forcing players to play a certain way is never good but if that's the more cost effective way to create the game then so be it.

I guess I would be in the minority as a OME only player.

I always play in OME at least once every version, it may be outdated, but it's still fun to play with it. 

53 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I can't imagine them removing the OME but maybe not spend any time improving it. Same as PC version you can play in 3d but they still have the old 2d as a lot of people prefer that.

I think the reason is the same, speed.

Now I have a top end phone (Samsung S8) I may have a bash with the EME, upto now I have not been able to get well into it, on my older phones and tablets, it would be slow as hell, but will check it out on FMM18, I will always prefer the OME, for it's speed, that is how I like to play the game most of the time, if SI were to get rid, I probably would not bother and I suspect quite a few people would leave the game as well.