Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat who are you looking forward to managing in FMM 18

Who are you looking forward to managing in FMM18?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you looking forward to managing in FMM18?

Poll is multiple choice...

I look forward to managing York and Spennymoor and Darlington

I support Darlo in real life, and dont usually manage who I support, but this year is the first full season after 5 years in exile at Bishop Auckland, as for York, after successive relegations they will be seen as the big time charlies in Vanarama National, as for Spennymoor, there Darlos local derby in the llast 5 years and are a decent side, with a chairman who has put a fortune into getting them to Vanarama North.

As for non-english career, I may have a go in Germany or Poland at some point...

What about you guys

Man United, i cant wait to be back on Champions League cuz its been really annoying to play on Europa League on all my new saves i started on FMM17. Plus we have a better team now and wont need to make big signings except one or two. 

Also AC Milan would be a very good choice to start the season.

Watford seem exciting with a few young English talents now like Hughes and Chalobah. Despite my yellow and green persuasion I might give Ipswich a go too. The prospect of a Waghorn/Garner strike partnership is mouth watering stuff.

With Huddersfield back in the top flight after 45 years there's nothing thats going to stop me from trying to keep them there. Outside of the Prem I'm thinking Hamburger SV for a relegation battle or Hoffenheim for a title push. Germany and England tend to be the main leagues I can enjoy managing in, not entirely sure why. The only exception is FC Emmen in the second division in The Netherlands.

9 hours ago, Ballistic446 said:

With Huddersfield back in the top flight after 45 years there's nothing thats going to stop me from trying to keep them there. Outside of the Prem I'm thinking Hamburger SV for a relegation battle or Hoffenheim for a title push. Germany and England tend to be the main leagues I can enjoy managing in, not entirely sure why. The only exception is FC Emmen in the second division in The Netherlands.

In fairness German football is quite similar to English football compared to other European nations.

Dundalk, they became the second Irish team ever to get to the group stages of the Europa League last season. In that same campaign, they became the first Irish team to get a point in Europe, after their 1-1 draw against AZ Alkmaar. 

They also became the first Irish team to WIN a game in the group stages of a European competition after they defeated Maccabi Tel-Aviv 1-0 in Tallaght Stadium, in Dublin. (I was there, amazing scenes of joy)

I did manage to make Shamrock Rovers a Europa League challenging side this year, but I never won it. I resigned to focus on the Republic of Ireland job. 

On FMM18, Dundalk will be my first Save! I may also do a York save (Traditionally, I've done a York save every year since FMH 2015)

And you never know, maybe I'll document a save over here, on this website ;)

Turning Dons or Millwall into a lovable, supportable club is in the yearly agenda

If I wanted to manage one of the big boys, it'll be AC Milan (entirely new XI) or Liv'pool (best player statistic to transfer value ratio IMO)

On 22/08/2017 at 15:09, salohcin said:

Im going for sunderland to try and get them back to the prem!

I hope they're not as bad as they were in last season's game...they would always end up as a mediocre League 1 team with the odd fall into League 2

I would go for Everton, PSG or AC Milan..for Everton, the reason why i would manage them is because not only they have an average good squad but their youth squad look promising especially recently winning the U21 PL..buying a striker worthy of a goalscorer like Giroud can guide Everton to achieving cup success or top 4 in the PL. For AC Milan..their recent transfer window was a success.They manage to get in good midfielders and buying Bonucci was a good buy. Lastly, why PSG is because we might see a strike force of cavani neymar mbappe as good as msn..if not better which can make they ucl contenders

Some teams that would use : 

Chesterfield 

AC Milan 

Red Bull Leipzig 

Any team in new league added ?

hope Pulisic is upgraded and love to try him. Dortmund is stacked usually too easy to win if use them as team to play Pulisic. Not many top American  youth players in this years game hopefully they added a bunch more and for all databases 

I always love to start the game with a cheeky Dortmund save, love using their youth talent, but this year I might try my luck with Ajax and see how I get on, now that they have a good mix of experience and youth.

My beloved Hearts, as our team is quite poor IRL right now so could be a challenge. Plus our rivals Hibs are back in the top flight which adds to the excitement.

Definitely a few lower league English ones I'm looking forward to. Coventry, Leyton Orient, York and Darlington I look forward to taking back up the leagues.

I also want to try replicate my Chorley save from last 17 too. I managed to get them to League One before I lost the file. I'm thinking Chippenham Town this year.

Would love to do 1860 Munich but I don't think the German Regional leagues are in FMM. ?

On 30/10/2017 at 14:19, Connor1874 said:

My beloved Hearts, as our team is quite poor IRL right now so could be a challenge. Plus our rivals Hibs are back in the top flight which adds to the excitement.

Definitely a few lower league English ones I'm looking forward to. Coventry, Leyton Orient, York and Darlington I look forward to taking back up the leagues.

I also want to try replicate my Chorley save from last 17 too. I managed to get them to League One before I lost the file. I'm thinking Chippenham Town this year.

Would love to do 1860 Munich but I don't think the German Regional leagues are in FMM. ?

?

To be honest I don’t like playing as Hibs as it’s just not sensible when you win the league after a couple of seasons, then start qualifying and progressing in the Champions League. Hibs and Hearts would definitely not be doing that IRL, especially with Celtic so dominantant up here.

AC Milan for me, plus any other big clubs that start the game having been relegated to their respective 2nd divisions.