Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Are Matches Predetermined Regardless of In-game Tweaks?

This has happened before but it's just happened again. I'm managing Swansea in a match against West Brom, I press play play after halftime and the game fast forwards immediately to full time where I've scored an injury time winner. Are the results predetermined? 

Also, the game crashes at this point, I can't continue after this. I have to restart the game. 

Screenshot_2017-08-27-10-11-04.png

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Apparently it's predetermined but it re-calculates every time you make a tactical change. 

I've had my share of losing big games after making DEFENSIVE changes trying to shut the game down and letting in a goal or two in the last 5-10 minutes. Interestingly, I feel like this doesn't happen with substitutions - only after altering the actual formation. 

This is my most recent regret after taking off a striker for an extra DMC. 

image.thumb.png.57ddd9229542d11a84f4ee2e14b8d327.png

I've been much more careful at making changes after that. 

The only bug that I got in game was that gk distribution resets to mixed in some save games after I make some tactical changes. Oh, and when I sub a player and change positions to another, the player is still in the initial position. This resets however after the next change(i.e. I sub the MC with a player on the bench, then switch the MR with the MC. The player that I subbed on is now playing in MR, it is shown in the tactics that he plays in MR but the game footage shows him playing MC. After I make another change, the game footage shows him playing in MR) @Alari @Marc Duffy

I've got no hard proof for you but I feel I generally get better results when I apply a couple tweaks mid-game. Not any tweak of course but those that I believe gives me an edge. 

When I simply play from 0-90min with a few subs in/out success comes a little harder. Something like this is nearly impossible to prove but that's my take after years and years playing the game.

Over the last few months, I've started playing a lot of attention to the tactics / formation of the other team and tweaking my tactics based on it and I've found it to be very effective. There are often major changes to their tactics at around 15 to 20 minutes and again at around 60 minutes. 

If I am playing direct through the centre, sometimes they will move to a diamond in the centre with no wide players. If I make no changes, I won't score many goals at all until they change back at around 60 minutes. If I go down the flanks, I will have a much better chance of scoring. 

If they go three across the middle, direct through the centre doesn't normally work. Short through the centre or mixed will work much better. etc, etc, etc.

So, for me at least, changing the tactics really does work - depending on the changes of course. Some changes may make things worse! I've noticed some patterns and worked out what to do when I see them and I win a lot more (and score more) than if I just played through without tweaking. 

8 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Over the last few months, I've started playing a lot of attention to the tactics / formation of the other team and tweaking my tactics based on it and I've found it to be very effective. There are often major changes to their tactics at around 15 to 20 minutes and again at around 60 minutes. 

If I am playing direct through the centre, sometimes they will move to a diamond in the centre with no wide players. If I make no changes, I won't score many goals at all until they change back at around 60 minutes. If I go down the flanks, I will have a much better chance of scoring. 

If they go three across the middle, direct through the centre doesn't normally work. Short through the centre or mixed will work much better. etc, etc, etc.

So, for me at least, changing the tactics really does work - depending on the changes of course. Some changes may make things worse! I've noticed some patterns and worked out what to do when I see them and I win a lot more (and score more) than if I just played through without tweaking. 

The game is at its most fun and immersive when you play like this.

On 27/08/2017 at 16:16, CmonJustTheTip said:

This has happened before but it's just happened again. I'm managing Swansea in a match against West Brom, I press play play after halftime and the game fast forwards immediately to full time where I've scored an injury time winner. Are the results predetermined? 

Also, the game crashes at this point, I can't continue after this. I have to restart the game. 

Screenshot_2017-08-27-10-11-04.png

This is a strange bug, do you know any reliable way to reproduce it?

Every time you make any changes at all to your team, the match is recalculated from scratch. That's why there's always a bit of processing whenever you confirm changes (it's working out what will happen for the rest of the match).

On 8/29/2017 at 05:23, Jack Joyce said:

This is a strange bug, do you know any reliable way to reproduce it?

Every time you make any changes at all to your team, the match is recalculated from scratch. That's why there's always a bit of processing whenever you confirm changes (it's working out what will happen for the rest of the match).

Not a reliable way, no. It's fairly rare and random. 

On 31/08/2017 at 07:07, CmonJustTheTip said:

Not a reliable way, no. It's fairly rare and random. 

This could potentially be caused by minimizing the game while the match is playing, or something similar. If it happens again and you think you might know how it happened please do let us know.

3 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

This could potentially be caused by minimizing the game while the match is playing, or something similar. If it happens again and you think you might know how it happened please do let us know.

I've had the same issue and yes I had minimised the game and it happens rarely