Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The British Overlord-A British Steel Story

Risheek

The British Overlord

A British Steel Story

Britain has always been the centre of Football. From the first record of Football in 1173 to 2017, Britian has always shown that the wonderful game is the best in the world. The first international win by England over Scotland in the 1800s to the most recent Leicester City EPL win, British Football has always given us surprises! 

Now, it is time for me to take over the British Isles. I am venturing out on a journey, a journey that'll make me the best manager in Britian as well as history.

The British Steel challenge is a challenge that I have made myself, and have decided to use. On a long save, which is my Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge, there has to be some leisure. I’ll be honest, I'm getting a bit bored there. Thus, I decided to start on this challenge. I know I might not be able to finish this, but let's just give it a go!

So, I started my journey of as an unemployed manager. And in the middle of July, I got my first job in the Vanarama South. I'll be revealing my club in a sneak peek preview! 

Hope you guys will be interested and follow my journey! It'll be a Long one and one I may not complete. So just be wary… 

Thanks for Reading 
Risheek 

1 minute ago, Taff said:

Come on dude, you got 2 months to get this beast done

I'll be following all the way

Thanks mate! 2 months is a short time looking at the fact that this'll take abt 20 Seasons and my SAF one will take abt 8-9 more. Still gonna try my best tho!

4 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Good luck in conquering the British isles. This looks like it could be epic.

Im sure it will be! Thanks for the support!

Sneak Peak

We all are getting restless about knowing what team I'm getting right? We are. So I decided to not keep the suspense on, and make the reveal early! 

Our Team

Spoiler

IMG_2695.thumb.PNG.90800d98110187cc36970d8965639cbb.PNG

Yes! So the team we are taking charge of, is Ebbsfleet United! My love affair with the Colour red and the word 'United' continues! I now take over the Fleet of Kent! It'll be a great journey!

I hope you'll will follow me on this Long journey, because I'll surely need your help!

Thanks for Reading

Risheek

4 minutes ago, AzmiG26 said:

Good choice mate! Managed in there a few times, never got the time to bring they to the PL though.

I myself wont actually look to bring them the EPL. I'm looking at getting them the Vanarama South and then before the start of next season eitehr look to move to a stronger team in the Vanarama League or try winning it with Ebsfleet. After that, I'll be moving to Wales!

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

Should be an interesting start dude

Hope so mate!

The British Overlord

A British Steel Story

Season 1

Transfers 

Spoiler

IMG_2698.thumb.PNG.2dbb049ba46b68b569363e29d46df7ed.PNG

Not many transfers, with a very low transfer Budget. I pick up a freebie in James Wolfendon. Also release a lad that's not British.

Compeitions  

Spoiler

IMG_2699.thumb.PNG.670810c61ed0fc42d9fdd6ef34c7dfb9.PNG

We make the first ever trophy of the career! The Vanarama South trophy is the one, that I have won. A very good 13 point difference. Scored plenty of goals but a bit leaky at the back for my own standards…

IMG_2700.thumb.PNG.98c002887e6391335b721cd8cbfc81b0.PNG

We progressed to the third round but Dag and Red got the better of us and beat us as they were clearly the better team. However, on another day it could've been different… A tired team couldn't play to full ability 

IMG_2701.thumb.PNG.7ca951e8ee21aef0cae66fb8794def3e.PNG

Luton end us early as they annihilate us in the second round. A one sided affair and we couldn't do anything about it...

Key Player

Spoiler

IMG_2702.thumb.PNG.2a69ce54d48e81a416b312c00fcfad87.PNG

Hmm, the last name seems familiar. Sheringham, where have we heard that before… Oh yes! Teddy Sheringham, the PL legend! His Son Charlie is the key player of the season! He made a Lot of progression after I appointed his Father as my assistant manager! A Father-Son duo to be scared of indeed!

IMG_2703.thumb.PNG.d3b3e3a1ff7d5c24f8c74a6dd9da57f5.PNG

He made alot of goals! A solid 18 goals in a side full of strong strikers. As well as the 4 assists! A nice 7.39 AVG rating as well! Keep it up Sheringham!!!

Manager 

Spoiler

IMG_2704.thumb.PNG.a33b82f74b81f6da101b0c1923a58b31.PNG

Not much improvements to be seen. However, I have taken the coaching exam and became a youth coach, which will help me in the future! 

IMG_2705.thumb.PNG.437956c88e3a0c6e52d7e0ff22591420.PNG

We won the MOTY. A good first individual trophy for myself!

Trophies 

Spoiler

England
English Premier League
Sky Bet Championship
League One, 
League Two
Vanarama National
Vanarama South/North✔️
FA Cup
EFL Cup
Community Shield
Checktrade trophy
English FA Trophy
Scotland 
Ladbrokes Premiership
Scottish Cup
Betfred Cup
Wales
Dafabet Welsh Premier League 
JD Welsh Cup
Nathaniel MG Cup
Ireland
Irish Premier Division
Irish Senior Challenge Cup
Irish President's Cup
Irish League Cup
Irish Leinster Senior Cup
Irish Munster Senior Cup

Conclusion
Very successful season indeed! Got our first individual trophy and also managed to tick off the first name on the list very early. A good first season, and will hope to improve!

Thanks for reading
Risheek

16 minutes ago, AzmiG26 said:

Great season as you say it mate! Sheringham is a quality down there!

Sure is mate! I'm sure that I'll get to discover many lowers league gems in this challenge!

9 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Charlie Sheringham :) nice pick! Great looking challenge. Goodluck!

Thanks! Only if he was still a teen, I would go for a 1KC along with the challenge...

The British Overlord

A British Steel Story

Season 2

Mid season

Spoiler

59a920cb501ca_Photo1-9-1722933PM.thumb.png.4cc001e7b09dcca22539423a5e1b9fdf.png

So half-way through the season, I was noticing something. Ebsfleet had started the season very nicely, but as September started, we were struggling. We were winning games but just barely, example 1-0 wins. It was obviously because of the lack of quality. I knew I had to make a move… So in Nov, both League two team Maccesfield and VNL team York approach us. I needed the Vanarama National and York was a strong side. Thus, I made the move:

59a920b6bf36a_Photo1-9-1722533PM.thumb.png.525c10b0a3b042e9dde89970e36b238c.png

Let's see how I did at York!

Transfers

Spoiler

59a920d4e63f7_Photo1-9-1735610PM.thumb.png.5cd5effcc4b20b2f22a1046f574cf7c3.png

We made one transfer in Charlie Sheringham. I decided to bring him back to me because of last season's performance and the first half of this season. A decent 70K move got it done! The rest was done by the former manager...

Competitions

Spoiler

59a920e0410bc_Photo1-9-1735620PM.thumb.png.9fa87181d193736abe8760b5b8fc99bf.png

We won it! In February, we had already overtaken Tranmere and were dominating. Around the last two months, we had also started to let in many goals. In the last month, it was more draws than wins and the point GAP decreased. Still managed to win it so that was great!

59a920f0584c0_Photo1-9-1735636PM.thumb.png.2245717e37cabf06c0ff2a2c5fc136e6.png

Stevenage ended us early in the FA Cup… I think that was a blessing in disguise because I didn't need any more fixtures, congested into our schedule than I already had. Nor did I need a game against very big opponents like City and just lose…

59a92103297a3_Photo1-9-1735641PM.thumb.png.479a8b6a8c89e4e625f21019844d2207.png

We win this as well! FA trophy win against Whitehawk. We started off well, but they struck back and in the end it was a very close match, in which we came out as winners. Another cup that we can tick off!

Key Player

Spoiler

59a92113af300_Photo1-9-1735708PM.thumb.png.921b86807f8b1ae1f267bc54dc6fb23e.png

Scott Fenwik! Haven't really heard of him now have we… He was in good form before I joined and I deidmy really follow his progress when I did join. However, his stats are good for a player at this level!

59a9211ff18e6_Photo1-9-1735712PM.thumb.png.23f9d050d33610b770247b7f6cabe23d.png

28 goals and 7 assists! Amazing! What a performance by the lad. He has a good AVG rating and I'm very proud. One of the main reasons we were champions

59a92129d4162_Photo1-9-1735731PM.thumb.png.51cc0e36d2389a001477b99ada425b13.png

Also winning the VNL POTY. A good season for the lad! Managed to win a lot.

Manager

Spoiler

59a9213348862_Photo1-9-1735745PM.thumb.png.7a77f77199f781ec6b0ae22ac54dca53.png

The stats remain largely unchanged. A nice 14 in financial control as well. The loyalty is just gonna keep decreasing…

59a9213d3172e_Photo1-9-1735749PM.thumb.png.bae801cbea68da981679f3a79e5ffd88.png

So after winning the league, we are further crowned as the manager POTY!

Trophies

Spoiler

England

English Premier League

Sky Bet Championship

League One

League Two

Vanarama National✔️

Vanarama South/North✔️

FA Cup

EFL Cup

Community Shield

Checktrade trophy

English FA Trophy✔️

Scotland

Ladbrokes Premiership

Scottish Cup

Betfred Cup

Wales

Dafabet Welsh Premier League

JD Welsh Cup

Nathaniel MG Cup

Ireland

Irish Premier Division

Irish Senior Challenge Cup

Irish President's Cup

Irish League Cup

Irish Leinster Senior Cup

Irish Munster Senior Cup

Conclusion

This season was very nice! Two cups down with one go, nothing more I cld ask for in the first season in the VNL. However, we still have a Long way to do and I doubt that York can get us all the way to the EPL. Thus, I'll be making a move to another country; either Ireland or Wales, to complete that part and then return back to England to finish another bit of the challenge. Let's hope I get a good club for next season!

Thanks for reading

Risheek

Great second season and well done getting York to the top of the VNL and to the FA Trophy, a good season all around, you should only need one season in Wales so I'd head there as it's only 2 cups and the league you can smash that out in 1 season.  but getting a job from Wales is the tricky part

9 minutes ago, Taff said:

Great second season and well done getting York to the top of the VNL and to the FA Trophy, a good season all around, you should only need one season in Wales so I'd head there as it's only 2 cups and the league you can smash that out in 1 season.  but getting a job from Wales is the tricky part

Not that tricky ;) I've already scored it and am in October! Gonna get to Jan and then continue with the SAF challenge. Thanks for the support!

You guys wanna take a Guess on which Welsh club I got? ;) 

9 minutes ago, Taff said:

AH not tricky getting in, it's getting out that's the hard part

That's the fun of it :) The UK challenge really makes you the go-to-guy for advice on this... ;) 

10 minutes ago, AzmiG26 said:

Maybe TNS?

They just won the league and were very happy with their manager! Nope not them :) 

5 minutes ago, Risheek said:

That's the fun of it :) The UK challenge really makes you the go-to-guy for advice on this... ;) 

Yeah thats a good point, but trust me Wales was the horrible part of that challenge, but it was about getting the goals, the league and cups were as easy as it gets

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

Yeah thats a good point, but trust me Wales was the horrible part of that challenge, but it was about getting the goals, the league and cups were as easy as it gets

The goals aye... personally, i've been part of too many one sided affairs to see it that hard. I've defeated Cardiff Met 4-1... Maybe just lucky so far...

1 minute ago, Risheek said:

The goals aye... personally, i've been part of too many one sided affairs to see it that hard. I've defeated Cardiff Met 4-1... Maybe just lucky so far...

Yeah the record in the UK challenge was 48 goals with 1 striker in the league and cup competitions, and by the time I got there most of the real players had retired and you couldn't use regens so options were limited

17 minutes ago, Taff said:

Yeah the record in the UK challenge was 48 goals with 1 striker in the league and cup competitions, and by the time I got there most of the real players had retired and you couldn't use regens so options were limited

Yeah, would've been tough for anyone... Hopefully, I can get Wales done in this single season!

7 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

I'm going to say Carmarthen as a completely random guess. Good job in season 2 kiu

The closest thing to the actual club is the first letter of Carmarthen. Thanks!