Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career fuddledfox takes on the 1KC (crushing embarrassment)

Introduction

A couple of days ago I asked for some advice on players to try and do a 1KC with. As usual with Vibe you guys came up with some great suggestions and also some tips as well so thank you to everyone who helped me out. Here's the OP if you want to take a look.

Spoiler

So who will I be taking this challenge on with? I choose a player that I have used a few times in my England save and who looks an exciting prospect in the game and in real life. Tammy Abraham of Chelsea.

Related image

Tammy spent last season on loan at Bristol City where he scored 24 goals in 40 league appearances. In my parallel universe this loan didn't happen and Tammy has been thrust into the limelight of leading the line for Chelsea at the age of only 18.

I did consider starting in Spain and signing Tammy thanks to advice from @Ashez who said Spain is an easier league than England to do a 1KC. In the end I decided to keep him at Chelsea as I think the Premier League will keep my interest more (a decision I may live to regret;)). In game Tammy starts on loan at Bristol City. To get around this I loaded Germany as my primary league with Spain and England top divisions. This cancels the loan and starts him at Chelsea. Thanks to @BatiGoal for this tip. This means I do have the opportunity to move abroad taking Tammy with me of course later in the save.

I hope to have my first season update out in the next few days.

Thanks for reading.

4 hours ago, Risheek said:

Good luck mate!

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Tammy for a thousand :) goodluck!

Thanks lads

31 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Good luck! I'm delighted to see you went with the striker in your heart! 

I hope he can get the goals and stay in my heart.

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Will be following this very closely as I think this kid has the goods 

Good Luck dude

The kid has promise. I hope I can bring it out in him.

Hoping to get season 1 finished and written up over the weekend

7 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

The kid has promise. I hope I can bring it out in him.

Hoping to get season 1 finished and written up over the weekend

I've used him a few times and he really came through during my UK challenge, so fingers crossed

Season one

The first season is in the bag but before I show you what happened lets take a look at Tammy stats at the start of the season.

Screenshot_20170830-190016.thumb.png.3d5dea829a95b7ed0e7c6dbde0f4bea2.png

Looks very promising but my worry was whether he could lead the line for a top (hopefully) Premier league team. So now I have got my excuses in lets take a look at what happened.

Transfers

Spoiler

I felt I needed more strength in defence so I brought in Laporte as a new CB and 2 new full backs with Mendy and Trippier. The board weren't happy with Trippier being signed but I was struggling with only Azipulcueta as my only option. I beat Arsenal and Juventus to the signing of Bernardo Silva who is a natural left footer which we lacked on the wing and another creative player. I did consider selling Diego Costa but with Tammy only being 18 I felt he would need rests and Costa was a good back up.

Screenshot_20170902-184606.thumb.png.e03727928cc0fa4e5bd3edb798c3d410.png

Tactics

Spoiler

I'm a real noob when it comes to these player based challenges so I did experiment with the tactics at the start of the season. This is what I started using towards the end of the season with some success and what I plan to go into next season with as it stands. Any tips or advice on this would be great.

Screenshot_20170902-191403.thumb.png.0e6bbf6694c5e98afae9f2256587e8d7.pngScreenshot_20170902-191407.thumb.png.8dee0995d4c739c6de8675169b60d77a.png

Cups

Spoiler

Manchester Utd where my nemesis in the cups this year. They beat me in the League cup final and knocked me out on penalties in the FA Cup. Take note who scored our only penalty in the shoot out.

Screenshot_20170902-093343.thumb.png.73b2228769cb688ac15cba687940e082.pngScreenshot_20170902-091718.thumb.png.8dbb161686406e1bc1bb37121e63a17c.png

League

Spoiler

The board expected us to challenge for the title. We never really did that but where top 4 all year and finished 3rd in the end. Our defence was solid but we didn't score enough goals with the lowest total in the top 6.

Screenshot_20170902-184354.thumb.png.c426793c4e961457268a707268d63511.png

Tammy

Spoiler

So how did our lad get on? Not terrible is the answer but his goal to games ratio is really going to have to go up over the next few seasons. It wasn't for a lack of trying but Tammy did miss a lot of chances over the season so I hope as he matures he will take more of these chances and that ratio will go up.

Screenshot_20170902-184432.thumb.png.e0fc3f8e258014e8615f14a97cc76e7a.png

So 25 goals isn't to bad and was enough to get him the Young player of the year award.

Screenshot_20170902-181426.thumb.png.448c0adafbe66553b3ac7133229d9b6d.png

As I mentioned Tammy missed a lot of chances and I think the pressure was showing at times over the season. I think this screenshot proves that.

Screenshot_20170902-184422.thumb.png.f5a56facb89e02b00ebfbe6034e48c8b.png

So I hope I can build on this next season with 30+ goals from Tammy and some trophies in the cabinet would be nice.

Tammy Abraham

25/1000 Goals

975 goals to go

Thank you for reading

6 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Going decent mate! England was always going to be tough with a teenager, but I'm sure he'll come through as he breaks 20! Let's hope you can get 30+ next season and hopefully break 100 by the time he's 20! KIU!

It was a lot of pressure on him and I might have over played him in this first season. Fingers crossed it will pay off in the long run.

Using Bernardo Silva as an AP in my current save and he's a top quality provider. Maybe try him there.

First seasons are never the best ones so keep going!

Season 2

This was a season of huge disappointments but which ended on a high.

Transfers

Spoiler

I didn't make many signings this year. I signed tried to sign more creative players with Bernardeschi joining in the summer and Barkley joining in January.

Screenshot_20170904-082044.thumb.png.ee3a9a94db9217e1ea60631d42e69b0b.png

Cups

Spoiler

We got to the League cup semi final but just like last year Man Utd where our nemesis knocking us out on away goals.

Screenshot_20170903-210459.thumb.png.adb143501f8a46d9c2016b51d218bf5d.png

In the FA cup we suffered the embarrassment of being beaten on a replay by Bolton. The match went to penalties and we weren't good enough to win.

Screenshot_20170903-203123.thumb.png.8a27086f922aed6c06b4b9b8b27bff37.png

Premier League

Spoiler

We finished 2nd in the league this year beating last years 3rd place but where a long way behind champions Man City. Look at our goals for column! Just not good enough.

Screenshot_20170904-080251.thumb.png.f871a91bc096992a907af0e486b10a53.png

Champions League

Spoiler

This was unexpected! We beat Bayern, Liverpool and Sevilla to get to the final against PSG. In a tight game which went to extra time we managed to get the only goal and became champions of Europe.

Screenshot_20170904-080849.thumb.png.a86370660df6f73f6c515f8fa6e24b35.png

Tammy

Spoiler

Unfortunately the 63 league goals weren't all scored by Tammy. He was a big disappointment this season although as manager I have to take the blame. I am struggling to find a tactic which will create enough chances for him. The 4141 I showed in season 1 was ok but players like Hazard, Silva and Bernardeshsi where scoring more than creating. I have tried few different formations this year. 4231 and 4321 with wingers but it was always the same. Tough at the back and the creative players creating for each other and not Tammy.

Here's his stats at the end of the season. He really is improving especially physically and mentally.

Screenshot_20170904-083731.thumb.png.3914ddee6143f569839500465a3b351d.png

Here's his tally for the season.

Screenshot_20170904-080944.thumb.png.2cf43d2ec30f29f99fb980a5132d97db.png

As you can see he was worse than last season!

So it looks like everyone who said take him out of England where right. Maybe next time I will listen to peoples advice:laugh:

His attributes are going up but next season is going to be make or break as he turns 21 and I need to be starting to rack up some serious numbers. I will be selling a few players such as Hazard who keep stealing goals and try and bring in some players who want to only create.

It may be a few days before season 3 can start as I have an article to write but I'm not giving up on Tammy just yet.

Tammy Abraham

45/1000 goals

955 to go

Thank you for reading

Screenshot_20170904-081109.png

24 minutes ago, setiawanjimmy said:

Don't sell Hazard! ☹️ He's a world class player.. try fiddling with your formation to get Hazard to play for Tammy. Dont use IF for your Wingers. Im using AP or Winger for them.

I'm not using IF never have in this save. Hazard either plays AP behind Tammy or sometimes on the right wing as a winger. The problem is he and others want to score goals as they are good at it. What I plan to do is look for players with high passing, creativity and crucially teamwork which a lot of my creative players don't have. Also players with lower shooting as then I think they are less likely to try and score.

I think I need to create a team that work for Tammy and at the moment I have players working for themselves.

Edit. Just to add I may abandon using wingers altogether and play a narrow formation as Tammy isn't very good in the air and never gets on the end of crosses.

Unfortunate dude but these saves are sent to test us

i agree with you get rid ofHazard and go for less selfish players

also check Abrahams stats and position

Buitink is a natural poacher but the traits show he tries first time shots, where if I try an AF he doesn't do it as much, but this does mean he's setting up as well as scoring so it's a tough one to call 

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

Unfortunate dude but these saves are sent to test us

i agree with you get rid ofHazard and go for less selfish players

also check Abrahams stats and position

Buitink is a natural poacher but the traits show he tries first time shots, where if I try an AF he doesn't do it as much, but this does mean he's setting up as well as scoring so it's a tough one to call 

Im enjoying the challenge. The hardest bit with players like Hazard as he is an awesome player but I don't think he fits in with what I'm trying to do so he has to go

I will take a look at his position and traits thanks for the tip.

You only lost 5 games in the EPL and you won the CL. That's pretty good, so I'm not sure I would change formation at this point. I mean, going for a formation swap could set you back. Trying new players and/or player roles is another option to perfect what you already have.

Using APs from flanks is another possibility. Then APs in AMC could play as BBM-CM pairing with DLP behind. I know cause that formation is similar to mine. This is one of my alternative tactics with this set up. Not as effective as the original but does the job with the right players.

45 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You only lost 5 games in the EPL and you won the CL. That's pretty good, so I'm not sure I would change formation at this point. I mean, going for a formation swap could set you back. Trying new players and/or player roles is another option to perfect what you already have.

Using APs from flanks is another possibility. Then APs in AMC could play as BBM-CM pairing with DLP behind. I know cause that formation is similar to mine. This is one of my alternative tactics with this set up. Not as effective as the original but does the job with the right players.

I'm lucky that I'm coming at this 3rd season from a position of strength. I have a very strong defence without really putting any focus on that area in last 2 season except couple of signings.

Do you think a couple of creative players with higher teamwork would help @BatiGoal? Hazard, Silva and bernardeshi all have the 'get into opposition area' as a trait and around 12 for teamwork and seem more interested in shooting than setting up goals.

Also should I have Tammy as primary attacker? I have tried both but doesn't seem to make much difference.

39 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

I'm lucky that I'm coming at this 3rd season from a position of strength. I have a very strong defence without really putting any focus on that area in last 2 season except couple of signings.

Do you think a couple of creative players with higher teamwork would help @BatiGoal? Hazard, Silva and bernardeshi all have the 'get into opposition area' as a trait and around 12 for teamwork and seem more interested in shooting than setting up goals.

Also should I have Tammy as primary attacker? I have tried both but doesn't seem to make much difference.

I'm not too sure about the teamwork attribute for providers tbh. I mean.. from a sensical point of view absolutely, but haven't seen a great difference in FMM. For example, I've had great APs with low teamwork stats as well, so yeah would they have been better with a higher number here? Possibly. I think if you asked me the question who I rather have in my team, a creative guy with solid passing and low teamwork or his opposite evil twin. I'd pick the low teamwork fella. For APs I specifically want to see high creativity-passing-decisions and a general green aray of other stats. Always worked for me.

As for the Primary Attacker role.. honestly I think it doesn't make a significant difference if you're playing a lone striker, I think it's more when you're playing a 2 or 3 striker formation where you get the option to choose a main one.

28 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm not too sure about the teamwork attribute for providers tbh. I mean.. from a sensical point of view absolutely, but haven't seen a great difference in FMM. For example, I've had great APs with low teamwork stats as well, so yeah would they have been better with a higher number here? Possibly. I think if you asked me the question who I rather have in my team, a creative guy with solid passing and low teamwork or his opposite evil twin. I'd pick the low teamwork fella. For APs I specifically want to see high creativity-passing-decisions and a general green aray of other stats. Always worked for me.

As for the Primary Attacker role.. honestly I think it doesn't make a significant difference if you're playing a lone striker, I think it's more when you're playing a 2 or 3 striker formation where you get the option to choose a main one.

Cheers for the advice mate. I have a lot to think about going into this 3rd season which keeps things interesting.

Whew, I thought from what you said on the other thread that there was a a serious problem here! But you'll be fine. You do need to tweak the tactic to find one that works for Tammy, but at 20 years old, in the EPL, 20 goals isn't the end of the world. He will get better and more consistent and that number will climb.

But yeah, tweaking the tactic is going to be important.

I'm a bit worried by Tammy's Teamwork attribute, as it's so high. I had that problem with Armstrong. I used a 4 3 2(wingers) 1 formation, which I see you tried, but I went with Direct and Centre, so that the ball was played in quick to him (before he had anyone around him to pass to). He missed a LOT of headers, but scored a LOT, so I saw that as a win.  

Of course that was in Scotland, where isolating him against the defense was fine - I have no idea how it would go in England where the defenders will be better. It did seem to work in European matches though, so could be worth a try. 

Anyway, good luck mate, I really want to see you pass that 1,000 mark!! ?

6 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Whew, I thought from what you said on the other thread that there was a a serious problem here! But you'll be fine. You do need to tweak the tactic to find one that works for Tammy, but at 20 years old, in the EPL, 20 goals isn't the end of the world. He will get better and more consistent and that number will climb.

But yeah, tweaking the tactic is going to be important.

I'm a bit worried by Tammy's Teamwork attribute, as it's so high. I had that problem with Armstrong. I used a 4 3 2(wingers) 1 formation, which I see you tried, but I went with Direct and Centre, so that the ball was played in quick to him (before he had anyone around him to pass to). He missed a LOT of headers, but scored a LOT, so I saw that as a win.  

Of course that was in Scotland, where isolating him against the defense was fine - I have no idea how it would go in England where the defenders will be better. It did seem to work in European matches though, so could be worth a try. 

Anyway, good luck mate, I really want to see you pass that 1,000 mark!! ?

Thanks mate.

It's funny because he doesn't really try and set people up but he does often stand back and let others take shots. Whether that's a teamwork thing letting better players take chances I don't know

1 hour ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Thanks mate.

It's funny because he doesn't really try and set people up but he does often stand back and let others take shots. Whether that's a teamwork thing letting better players take chances I don't know

So selfless! I'm not sure either. Teamwork is a bit of a mystery...

Season 3

We move onto season 3 with Tammy hoping that he can start banging them in and keep the hopes of the 1kc alive.

Transfers

At the end of season 2 I said I might sell some of my star names such as Eden Hazard. In the end the high wages my players are earning put clubs of making offers for any of my players. 

This didn't stop me spending though. James Ward Prowse was signed at end of the season for next season.

59b546abb299a_Screenshot_20170910-1504501.thumb.png.ea99d30a351aaf3d00f40e2ec410e951.png

59b5479051803_Screenshot_20170910-1508061.thumb.png.c7b99e584cdc4cf86a119cd3a9c163a4.png

I had high hopes for Zielinski. He did ok with 7.2 avg rating but only 9 assists and he struggled with fitness. He had no long term injuries but picked up a lot of knocks which meant he was in and out of the team through the season and only made 22 appearances in the league and 44 across all competitions.  

Brexit

We have suffered quite a hard Brexit with all EU players needing work permits. I don't think this will effect the 1KC a great deal except I may need to look for few more British players.

Screenshot_20170909-202215.thumb.png.37fd4431efe1679452ff89ae4ebfb76c.png

Competitions

European Super Cup. We took on Europa League winners Juventus. A good quick start and Tammy getting his first goal of the season gave us a 2-1 win.

Screenshot_20170905-221651.thumb.png.b04b6d8f6f94cfd2a3e2b239c1ed942b.png

World Club Cup. We went into this competition expecting to win it but would complacency come into play? The answer is yes as we crashed out in the semi finals. As you can imagine my tablet was lucky to survive this result they had no shots on goal!!!Screenshot_20170907-220029.thumb.png.3a689b117ad69822d3eca94be1ec3952.png  

We had to play in the 3rd place play off were we crushed Cruz Azul from Mexico.

Screenshot_20170907-220035.thumb.png.ee593fa1dc1d5393a3a0c130afa08623.png

League Cup. We managed to get into the league cup final for the 2nd time in 3 years. We took on Manchester City and got a 2-1 win to lift the trophy. Maybe it was good i didn't sell Hazard as he has scored in 2 cup final now this season.

Screenshot_20170909-090850.thumb.png.801b1a7e654e807ccab5ff6f69d082da.png

FA Cup. Another cup and another final as we take on Arsenal for the FA Cup. Tammy gets his 3rd goal in 3 finals this season as we lift the famous trophy at Wembley.

Screenshot_20170910-125204.thumb.png.1aec4dd5b30b57068ee9a29179084360.png

Champions League. We go into this as defending champions. We got as far as the semi finals where we took on Manchester City who knocked us out 3-1 over the 2 legs.

Screenshot_20170909-222219.thumb.png.f6553479f71a1e0d8e056d07f87c3c20.png

Premier League. After 2 seasons of not challenging for the league title I was hoping we could get nearer to that title. After a tough start which saw us lying 9th around Christmas we picked up in the 2nd half of the season. I felt around March that we might have a chance of the title but a couple of losses meant we had to settle for 2nd place. 

Screenshot_20170910-124414.thumb.png.988bdf8c65933fe45ef63c03e8d14f51.png

Tammy Abraham

Tammy started the season well and was scoring at just under a goal a game up until November when unfortunately he suffered a twisted ankle. This put him out for a month although it was more like 6 weeks by the time he reached full fitness.

Screenshot_20170907-213021.thumb.png.0f19e047fd737333b7d2b602341ecf3e.png

This really put the breaks on Tammy's season and he never really found his form again in the rest of the season. 

Screenshot_20170910-125413.thumb.png.a0b971bf1cefeed1b60ba30421da74fc.png

So he could only manage as many goals as his first season with us. That 1k is looking along way away at the moment. Despite that he did win Premier League player of the year.

Screenshot_20170910-123629.thumb.png.4c12805e89a17d87d95808ce790aedff.png

If Tammy doesn't have an awesome 4th season I think it may be challenge over. His form in the first part of the season means I don't think the challenge is yet over but it is hanging by a thread!

Tammy Abraham

70/1000

930 goals to go

Thank you for reading