Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career fuddledfox takes on the 1KC (crushing embarrassment)

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Tough going dude, but things can only get better (hopefully) ?

9 minutes ago, kts365 said:

This is really looking hard but him improving his stats and a few tactical tweaks will see a big difference. Keep it up

Hope so guys. Season 4 is make or break I think.

Hmm, it's starting to look a little tough unless he has a big improvement next month, but ... he's still young and he will score a whole heap more than this in the near future. Keep going mate!

Just caught up mate. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster so far, but there's still time to get back on track. I've just started a 1k of my own (nothing posted yet) and i'm having similar issues - it's comforting to see someone in the same boat but I hope things get better for both of us!

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Hmm, it's starting to look a little tough unless he has a big improvement next month, but ... he's still young and he will score a whole heap more than this in the near future. Keep going mate!

If he can start next season as he started this then stay fit he might still have a chance.

43 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Just caught up mate. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster so far, but there's still time to get back on track. I've just started a 1k of my own (nothing posted yet) and i'm having similar issues - it's comforting to see someone in the same boat but I hope things get better for both of us!

These challenges are tough that's what makes them worth doing I think. I'm not afraid to post if i fail as it's part of the learning process.

Good luck with your 1kc I look forward to reading about it.

Agree with the above comments. Keep faith. A couple tweaks and a couple quality additions along with Tammy's maturity level may give vast improvements next season.

That's a tough start.  I haven't personally attempted a 1kc but it seems to me he's getting too many assists relative to goals scored.  Try tweaking the tactics a little to keep others away from him in the box.

The formation looks OK to me. I would look at players individually and see who's scoring "Tammy's" goals, like KTS asked.

Also, Zielinski probably needs to be replaced imo. I had a look at his (2016/17) stats and he's more AP than DLP. I always make sure my DLPs have good tackling-positioning along with their primary attr. Has made a significant difference for me.

And Loftus-Cheek, also not too sure about him, he doesn't look quality enough in 16/17 season to cover the CM role unless he's improved massively for you in 2019.

That's 2 from 3 midfielders that may be underperforming. How does your midfield hold up? Any recurring post-match comments/negatives? Mids AvR?

To me, the biggest change that needs to be made is Tammy needs to be made Primary Attacker (a must for a 1kc imo).  That setting will encourage more passes to him and will encourage him to shoot more.  Without that setting, I'm guessing he's being a bit too charitable when he may shoot otherwise.

What does the coach report for Tammy say? In my save he had "Tends to struggle in big matches" - does he have that in yours? If so, I'd leave him out of big games and keep him fresh for the easier ones and see how that goes. You can probably only afford to do that for the really big games or he'll miss too many. Of course he may not have that in your save.

Agree with @veerus that he should be Primary Attacker.

His high team work rating (18!) is going be problematic. Armstrong was high-ish, but not quite that high. I used a 4 3 2 1 with Wingers not APs (keep them out wide), and an AP instead of a BBM (who score too much for my liking). Then I played it Direct into him. The plan was to keep him fairly isolated and get the ball in quick to him, so he would have to shoot more often (ie the others are too far away for a pass to make sense). Worked for Armstrong. We might have less chances overall, but 80% of them would go to him.

The key to that style of play is to have lots of players who can play great balls in. I tried to have all my midfielders and wingers have great creativity, passing and decisions, so any of them could hit him in a goal scoring opportunity. Didn't matter what attributes their position would normally need, creating chances was the priority.

So I'm disagreeing a bit with @BatiGoal about the DLP needing tackling. Ideally yes! But if it's a choice between the two, I'd take a DLP who can create chances over one who can tackle. I'm talking specifically about this scenario mind you. The team will probably suffer as a result, but I don't care, it's all about the chances baby! APs suit my purpose in the DLP role quite a lot of the time. Of course, ideally find someone who can do both.

Check out all the other players, especially those scoring Tammy's goals, and see if any of them have low teamwork (ie selfish), or like to shoot early, or anything like that which will take away from Tammy's goals. Ship them out and replace them with players with high teamwork.

Also, check out the extended highlights for a while, looking for clues. I found Armstrong liked to take corners rather than be on the end of them, so I needed to set the corner takers to people who'd actually be playing. I found other people getting in his space and tweaked the formation to get them out of the way (that's why I went with wingers). 

That's all my thoughts so far. Hope some of that helps. KIU mate!

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

So I'm disagreeing a bit with @BatiGoal about the DLP needing tackling. Ideally yes! But if it's a choice between the two, I'd take a DLP who can create chances over one who can tackle. I'm talking specifically about this scenario mind you. The team will probably suffer as a result, but I don't care, it's all about the chances baby! APs suit my purpose in the DLP role quite a lot of the time. Of course, ideally find someone who can do both.

In the first 3-4 seasons I agree the budgets won't make it possible to always get the players we want, so a more creative DLP is the better option. But beyond 5 or so seasons it's definitely worth looking into a more well-rounded DLP. One that stops oppositions play as an added responsibility and starts attacking moves more often as a results of that is quite essential to your striker scoring more goals. If it were a choice early in the career then yes, but I think it needn't be in a couple seasons from now.

For such essential positions I like to bring in (cheaper) young talented players and either loan them out or gradually bring them into the team. If they make it, great, saves me a huge sum of money, if they're mediocre at best they'll be decent subs anyway or you'll sell them for a small profit. That's generally what I do with all att.minded players because they're expensive. Not so much with defenders because good ones are easier to come by.

Pfff to quote a comment what a rollercoaster of a start mate :O

some feedback on the tactic (assuming EME).

Personally not a fan of a player in DMC spot and two atb on EME.

i would either move the dmc 1 spot up for a flatmidfield, or move it up a notch to AMC. Roles in those position work on EME, roles in dmc are flawed, dlm works a bit.

As Tammy has some decent aerial stats i would abuse that and do a mix of APM and WNG on the flanks. Personally for Wingers there preffered foot should be on the outside of the pitch.

The apm (make sure he is fast) can have any foot you like. Pair a CM with him so he gets feeded by the CM. Don't use a bbm next to him as that will push the APM to the side and you don't want that. For a winger it's fine. 

So my suggested setup would be

apm                   Wng

Cm ApM bbm

Cm could also be a dlm, your preference. 

For Tammy his own role, the poacher role is very static on EME, i find a Advanced forward to be more involved and scores more (i used to use Poacher religously untill this year)

Attacking mentality, short passing, passing focus mixed. With 4 atb, pressing and offside on.

Thanks for all the comments lads I wasn't expecting so much and I really appreciate all the advice.

I have taken on board everything you have said and I am going to try and put it into practice for the coming season. Their might be hope for this attempt yet!  

Season 4

In the last update I said that season 4 would be make or break for me and Tammy so lets get straight into that.

This was the main tactic (which is a lie because paredes should be an AP) I went with during the seasonThe instructions did change based on circumstances and the opposition although the main change was short or direct passing. This was my best XI for the 2nd half of the season after Paredes and Dahoud joined in January. I know Ward-Prowse isn't a classic winger as he lacks pace but he has 20 crossing and 24 assists over the season tells its own story. I did buy him to play as one of the AP but he had to step in at right winger because of an injury early in the season and had a very good season. He was far less selfish than any of our other wingers who all have the habit of stealing Tammys goals.

I did try a couple of different combinations of roles during the season such as changing one AP to a CM but this was our most successful set up through the season.

Screenshot_20170918-201519.thumb.png.bc48c00dd60a71a710071c01654f8d02.png

Screenshot_20170918-201523.thumb.png.ac4c9c809296418465db7593fbc6b761.png

After a slow start with only 1 goal in the first 5 game for Tammy I was starting to panic. Then this run of form happened and I have to admit I thought I might have cracked it. 11 goals in 5 games was nearly half the total he had all last season.

Screenshot_20170917-133017.thumb.png.e0b1a1642f715441b6d2273ce192fab0.png

Could he build on this or was it a false dawn.

Spoiler

It was a false dawn as he only scored another 6 goals up until the 1st of January. As you can see its the pesky winger that steal the goals as well as Barkley and Zielinski being a bit to keen to get on the score sheet.

Screenshot_20170917-155256.thumb.png.0649b72dbdbaeea57ab9da188a88f7e2.png

I decided to make some changes in January. Out went Harzard to Sevilla for £108mil along with a couple of other fringe players and in came.

Mahmoud Dahoud from Bayern £70mil to play as AP. His biggest improvement over Barkley is his 16 teamwork compared with 12 for Barkley.

Sheyi Ojo from Liverpool £35mil to play as a true LW instead of Silva or Bernardeshi who are more keen on scoring than creating.

Leandro Paredes from Roma £25mil to play as either a DLP or an AP. He played as AP most of the season as Kranevitter who had arrived in the summer from Atletico made the DLP role his own.

I felt that these changes could help Tammy find that form he showed briefly in the early season. Unfortunately the game had other ideas and gave me injuries instead.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170918-200522.thumb.png.3e451df53ee38c71194ff6418e4f8dc5.png

Ojo played 2 games with the injury coming in his 2nd appearance.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170918-203335.thumb.png.4587f36d441c41c994d5c7fb296a035e.png

This wasn't season ending but we never saw the best of Dahoud. He made 12 app setting up only 2 goals.

So in the end how did Tammy do?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170920-194852.thumb.png.4707bedcacd6cd2724f6abeb7e4789c3.png

Well it was an improvement but its not enough. Correct me if I'm wrong but 4th season in I think he really needs to be hitting 50-60 goals a year if a 1k is going to be possible.

Here is Tammy stats and coach report at the end of season 4

Spoiler

59c2cc37ec94d_Screenshot_20170920-2114251.thumb.png.ac99989fb9cffc06c10bff42cc803745.png59c2cdf306732_Screenshot_20170920-2119101.thumb.png.8a4287774668316367f3615841e66a8b.png

So this leave the question of where do I go from here. The 1k is looking highly unlikely if not impossible at this stage so it might be that I will start again and take Tammy to an easier league (what I should have done in the first place). 

It would be rude to not show you how I did in all the competitions we entered so here you go.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170914-210606.thumb.png.5b1faa76cae885964e95d0d4b06cac24.png

We won the community shield with Tammy nicking a goal right on the stroke of full time.

Screenshot_20170918-195216.thumb.png.13993aa06a59b1d7aa5368bd5fd9871a.png

Manchester City did for us in the semi final of the League cup after we lost 1-0 to them in the 1st leg.

Screenshot_20170920-193932.thumb.png.08592423ba5d177674221c39e5448548.png

We lost the FA cup final on penalties to the other Manchester mob. Tammy scored in the shoot out but it want enough. The 2 offside were bang on decisions to be fair.

Screenshot_20170920-192619.thumb.png.3b1be260efca94c0d7101775ed933731.png

We finally lifted the league at the 4th attempt. We only scored 64 goals all season which follows the trend of us being low scorers each season. I don't know if thats because everything was focused on getting Tammy to score but he wasn't good enough or if we didn't create enough chances. If I had to decide I would go with the first option based on what I have seen. We have had a lot of games across the 4 seasons which we drew or lost without scoring that we had created plenty of chances in but couldn't finish them.

Screenshot_20170920-194628.thumb.png.57576796a4f070d43c168baaec9ca0bf.png

We finished the season by giving Bayern a sound thrashing in the Champions League final. This was our 2nd Champions League in 4 years

Thank you for reading

Pffff the game isn't giving you much love :( an improvement but i think your conclusion is correct, he is just to light for the bpl. An easier leagues loaded? I can't imagine it will be hard getting him if you move

2 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Pffff the game isn't giving you much love :( an improvement but i think your conclusion is correct, he is just to light for the bpl. An easier leagues loaded? I can't imagine it will be hard getting him if you move

I have learn't a lot doing this that I'm sure I can take into a new save mainly thanks to all your guys help. Just need to find the right club that can afford him in the right league. 

Dahoud is just as bad in my old save. He is an injury prone player and I regretted to buy him from Monchengladbach ( or however you spell it ) 

Yeah, I would have thought he'd be scoring more by now. Can't see anything in particular in your tactics etc that seem an issue. Maybe Tammy isn't as great as we think (I mean he looks awesome!).

There's part of me that thinks you should press on and that he might come good, but it's a tough decision... Maybe one more season?

Ouch mate, this has indeed been tough! He has 900 remaining and at most 13 years left (900/13=70) which is basically double what he's getting now. 

Stat wise he looks brilliant so I'm surprised he has struggled so much. Like the others have said maybe he's just not up to the Premier League. 

A very tough decision ahead as you need to be hitting 70-90 now consistently to have a chance which isn't ideal! Even the England job isn't a given with Southgates death grip on the job.

6 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Yeah, I would have thought he'd be scoring more by now. Can't see anything in particular in your tactics etc that seem an issue. Maybe Tammy isn't as great as we think (I mean he looks awesome!).

There's part of me that thinks you should press on and that he might come good, but it's a tough decision... Maybe one more season?

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Ouch mate, this has indeed been tough! He has 900 remaining and at most 13 years left (900/13=70) which is basically double what he's getting now. 

Stat wise he looks brilliant so I'm surprised he has struggled so much. Like the others have said maybe he's just not up to the Premier League. 

A very tough decision ahead as you need to be hitting 70-90 now consistently to have a chance which isn't ideal! Even the England job isn't a given with Southgates death grip on the job.

Maybe Tammy isn't the problem:(. Although I feel like I have done all I could. Think I will start again. Need to pick the right league and club. Chelsea want about 25mil for him at beginning of the game which limits things. Maybe Bayern or PSG are the way to go?

13 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Maybe Bayern or PSG are the way to go?

Not saying that German is tough, but I don't recommend to try there as they have fewer match than most.

20 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Maybe Tammy isn't the problem:(. Although I feel like I have done all I could. Think I will start again. Need to pick the right league and club. Chelsea want about 25mil for him at beginning of the game which limits things. Maybe Bayern or PSG are the way to go?

Honestly I'd go to Portugal. You'll be able to buy him with ease after a few sales at the big three and he should destroy that league. 

29 minutes ago, AzmiG26 said:

Not saying that German is tough, but I don't recommend to try there as they have fewer match than most.

Forgot about the lack of games in Germany.

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Honestly I'd go to Portugal. You'll be able to buy him with ease after a few sales at the big three and he should destroy that league. 

Good shout.I have never managed much in Portugal either so might make a nice change. Plus very good facilities at either Porto or Benfica.