Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch: Faustino Asprilla & Juan Hernandez 1KC ⚽?[S4]

Scratch

10 minutes ago, Taff said:

Another good season and the INT job will help him out as well KIU

Thanks mate! As you can see I don't have the knack of the high scoring start some others have! He's only about 4 goals in front of Thomas Buitink at the same stage. ? 

6 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Great youngsters come through and bucket loads of money. Nice problems to have?

Mate, you don't know the stress I'm feeling right now! Choices, choices! :D

The Coman auction finished at only £74M so nowhere near as bad as I thought. He just have to choose between us and Real Madrid now! :S

I did offer him more than he was asking, but expecting to lose that one...

16 hours ago, samhardy said:

Slow but steady progress. Hope you can push on soon!

Thanks mate, seems to be ready to take a decent step so far in the next season (only a month or two in). Feeling good! ?

23 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Landing the ITN job is fantastic news. And the Faustino Magic is slowly starting to kick in. I'm very hopeful for next season ;)

Thanks mate, so am I! Just need to juggle the games so he plays weaker opponents and rests against the stronger ones.

Update - Season 4

Feyenoord had a golden season last year, winning everything. Hernandez did well, with 44 goals in 46 games, but we're looking for him to take a step forward this year.

Targets

Here are our targets for this season:

• 50 goals: I wanted him to score 50 last year, but he fell 6 short. 50 has to be the minimum target this year, although I'm hoping it will be closer to 60.

• Win everything: We did it last year, let's do it again!

Transfers

Having unlocked Sugar Daddy, we now have a huge amount of money available to us (£371M for this window). The thing is: we already have a lot of very promising youngsters so it's hard to buy superstars and leave them out.

Transfers out

Spoiler

hernandez-season04-40.png.bd7ce8b8edbf7d8e1f1eafacd4298c68.png

hernandez-season04-41.png.788f848b7d9710883743b73ae913569e.png

Out went a bunch of players that weren't first teamers any more, including Dendocker and Tapia, along with Cummings, our backup striker who just stopped scoring for some reason.

Transfers in

Spoiler

hernandez-season04-42.png.208d14fe8406599f7def337c3f45ee30.png

We spent big on Cassierra to be our backup striker. He's also in the Columbia squad, so it gives me the chance to develop him and keep his morale up, which will help in the ITN games. Trivia: I was originally planning to do this 1KC with Cassierra and Ajax, and he looks better than Hernandez at this point.

Van Dijk is our other big name signing, bringing in a Dutchman to partner Keane in defense. I also bought Coman for £77M, but he doesn't show up due to the weird late 'new season event' in Holland.

Competitions

We won everything again this year, except the Champions League, which we lost to 1-0 to Barcelona in the Final. A quintuple! All the evidence (including an epic penalty shootout with only 5 out of 14 shots going in!):

Spoiler

hernandez-season04-07.png.2e20507064597544b7afec742acedda8.png

hernandez-season04-09.png.a7104df3e5b2feb5e2f8ce9a3dfae790.png

hernandez-season04-19.png.f7600870c39d9cec2869da5ff50229fc.png

hernandez-season04-31.png.d39992a361b76d3b7247f775df38f5ac.png

hernandez-season04-27.png.f9789fc702e8568819bd0e28979603b1.png

hernandez-season04-28.png.f4822b30b172f9bd4d3d227c471813c0.png

hernandez-season04-34.png.924bdd20e97a49e2e69547373e47d8bd.png

hernandez-season04-36.png.42374a87b6cb685357c58a5802d5e9cd.png

hernandez-season04-37.png.9547c3a36d470cd389d0c213b4653467.png

Number of Titles Total Eredivisie
Ajax 33 25
PSV 23 20
Feyenoord 19 14

Development

Hernandez ended last season looking like this:

hernandez-season03-49.png.2eac8a624960bb2650d1d848bac8b908.png

And ended this season looking like this:

hernandez-season04-43.png.aaf5a37ab6f7413665923de598b527db.png

Almost no improvement and the staff are saying not to expect much more. ?

hernandez-season04-45.png.5dafa68c67e6cc9f06acd377930fe019.png

He had a couple of weeks out:

hernandez-season04-21.png.736146f5c6e4cb98b0e2703a81fd65f3.png

He left the "Feeling the pressure of first team football" thing behind him, but he replaced it with "Slightly Tired" throughout the entire season. I could not seem to get rid of it. I dropped his training back to 9 units, I rested him a lot, but still it was there at least every second game. I guess he's not ready for ITN games on top of a full season.

Internationals

We made it to the Semi Final of the Copa America, where we lost 1-0 to Uruguay.

hernandez-season04-03.png.95fc3d7f1d6da3522c11afcc41ef7d94.png

As far as Hernandez goes, he had a tough time, scoring only 3 goals in 11 ITN games.

Goals

Hernandez gave me hope early in the year with 4 goals.

hernandez-season04-10.png.9bc6a935fb56da885c9e1e4eee835ae8.png

After that, he petered away, struggling with tiredness etc. He ended up being quite disappointing:

hernandez-season04-44.png.cc8ee41f6125029f2e4306da611e6035.png

I don't mind the number being lower, what with injuries etc, but the ratio is worse than the last two years, just when it should be improving. ? I guess I should have been much more gentle with him.

Progress

Current Age 21
Season Club Goals 32
Season INT Goals 3
Career Club Goals 134
Career INT Goals 4
Total Goals Scored 138
Goals Remaining 862

The Future

A great season for the club, but less so for Hernandez. He fell well short of the 50 goals I wanted and the constant juggling of trying to keep him rested made it a very frustrating season.

Frustrating enough for me to walk away...

Wait, What's That?

Yes, just when it's at that point where I'd be encouraging others to stick it through because it will come good soon, and I'm going to walk away... At least for a while.

I do think that he'll come good soon, even if there isn't much development left in him. The team is continuing to get better, so we'll start dominating games soon and there will be goals aplenty to go around. I'm sure I can get him to 1K. I'm just not enjoying it anymore.

Why Not?

There are a few other reasons for it too, it's not just the tiredness (which will presumably disappear soon):

• It's a bit too easy on the team front. Sugar Daddy came too soon, we've expanded the stadium to 85K already, etc. In many ways that's just what I want to help him get to 1K, but at the same, it's taken the joy out of it (too easy too soon). I want the team part to be harder and the striker part to be easier!

• I went overboard with buying too many players and I don't which ones are my favourites now! I like them all, but I can't fit them in. This has never happened to me before, I didn't realise it could!

• I'm glad to have played in Holland, but I don't like the league that much (sorry @BatiGoal and @PriZe !). I knew it was only 34 games per season, but I didn't know there was only 1 domestic cup, meaning less opportunities against lower opposition. Hernandez can get enough games (with the ITN games), but I miss that second cup. And what's with the new season event being so late that I can't see all the transfers in 'this season'?

• Not really a surprise to me, but I'm not enjoying the ITN job. I know I set up this whole career around the premise of getting the ITN job, but there's no passion for it there.

I know that a lot of this contradicts what I've said before or is counter-intuitive, but the bottom line is I'm not having fun.

What Will You Do?

I'm going to try one season of another 1KC career and then see how I feel.

Maybe I will be rejuvenated and come back to this one. Maybe I will push ahead with the other one if it's looking promising. Maybe I will have a month off in advance of FMM 2018!

Anyway, thanks for reading and sorry for this unexpected twist!

A twist! I completely understand mate - if you're not feeling it there's not much point pushing on. It's a shame you didn't get sign up for the vibe olympics - the short format might have suited you better!

Anyway, I'm sure you can get it done if you decide to return to this one, and I'll be keeping a close eye on any other career you look to post. 

Just now, Mr.Manager said:

A twist! I completely understand mate - if you're not feeling it there's not much point pushing on. It's a shame you didn't get sign up for the vibe olympics - the short format might have suited you better!

Anyway, I'm sure you can get it done if you decide to return to this one, and I'll be keeping a close eye on any other career you look to post. 

Thanks mate - there's part of me that does want to push on (I don't like giving up and I do think Hernandez can make it), there's part of me looking at the date and realising that I'll never get a 1KC finished before FMM 2018 drops so maybe I should have a break and be ready for that, but ...

Right now I have a brand new save based on a 1KC career I've wanted to do for a while. I've been trying to resist that, but it just won't let me go, so I figure I better do one season and see what I feel like then.

It's with a 16 year old, so it's likely to be a frustrating season of him not being ready and tired LOL, but maybe he'll click or show something that will make it worthwhile continuing. If not, I may come back to this one a fresh!

You don't like the Dutch Eredivisie? Oh come on!!! :P for me it's ideal playing 34 league games plus roughly an additional 20 Cup games (incl. domestic and int. games). 50-55 games/season incl rest is ideal for my striker. So the Dutch league is ideal in my case but there's always this risk of missing games thru injury. My alternative is a bigger league with 60-65 games/season where missing games thru injury isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The earlier point you touched upon hits the nail on the head imo. Same thing happened to me and oftentimes I need to remind myself not to go overboard with buying players I don't really need. You basically said you couldn't tell the starters from the subs etc.. Especially when replacing oldies I sorta get this problem. They're good enough to start for one more season before covering the role as subs in their last season. On the other hand the benched talents could develop really well if given extra time on the pitch instead. So I too end up "liking" too many players and feel bad having to leave top talents out or cutting short worldclass players' careers too soon. These are of course luxury problems any manager would want to have but they can also ruin one's motivation for the game if you understand what I mean. This is the main reason I go with small squads, preferably 18 men, so everyone gets plenty of gametime.

Hope this wasn't your last season in Holland.

43 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You don't like the Dutch Eredivisie? Oh come on!!! :P for me it's ideal playing 34 league games plus roughly an additional 20 Cup games (incl. domestic and int. games). 50-55 games/season incl rest is ideal for my striker. So the Dutch league is ideal in my case but there's always this risk of missing games thru injury. My alternative is a bigger league with 60-65 games/season where missing games thru injury isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The earlier point you touched upon hits the nail on the head imo. Same thing happened to me and oftentimes I need to remind myself not to go overboard with buying players I don't really need. You basically said you couldn't tell the starters from the subs etc.. Especially when replacing oldies I sorta get this problem. They're good enough to start for one more season before covering the role as subs in their last season. On the other hand the benched talents could develop really well if given extra time on the pitch instead. So I too end up "liking" too many players and feel bad having to leave top talents out or cutting short worldclass players' careers too soon. These are of course luxury problems any manager would want to have but they can also ruin one's motivation for the game if you understand what I mean. This is the main reason I go with small squads, preferably 18 men, so everyone gets plenty of gametime.

Hope this wasn't your last season in Holland.

Yeah, at first I liked the Eredivisie. And because I play so slow, I should be happy to have fewer games. And I do believe in the freshness thing, so less games is good. But for some reason, I'm just not feeling it right now and I think it comes down to that missing second domestic cup that I'm used to. In Scotland in particular you get served up lots of weak opposition, twice! 

It's not the end of the world, but combined with the other stuff, I ended up not enjoying things as much. Guess which league I've gone back to now! :)

But yeah, I was really affected by the squad size. I always have lots of players and promising youngsters coming through, and I'm generally good at cycling through them and shuffling some out the door, but this time I just went a step too far and couldn't deal with it anymore. I have 8 or 9 central midfielders that I am convinced will become the next big thing, but it's just too many. I'm fine with replacing the oldies, just have too many to replace them with. It's a weird thing.

Once again, by itself, I'd just push through. But combined, I just didn't have a fun season. Then I started thinking about this other idea I had and it started making sense and I couldn't stop thinking about it! 

I'll be back at some point.

Hi @scratch99 I get your pain and your reasons, I've settled with trying to enjoy the game rather than stressing about the various challenge's, so instead i'm trying to rejuvinate my passion for the game and simlpy trying an Oldham career and seeing where i can get them until FFM 18 is out, it's then I'll look at getting me name on other challenge's. Good luck with whatever you decide, it's always a pleasure reading your adventures, look forward to your future career's.

16 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hi @scratch99 I get your pain and your reasons, I've settled with trying to enjoy the game rather than stressing about the various challenge's, so instead i'm trying to rejuvinate my passion for the game and simlpy trying an Oldham career and seeing where i can get them until FFM 18 is out, it's then I'll look at getting me name on other challenge's. Good luck with whatever you decide, it's always a pleasure reading your adventures, look forward to your future career's.

Thanks mate. I've started a new career and so far enjoying it much more. 

One thing I missed in my list of 'issues' above is that my normal tactic works much better in Scotland and England. In Holland they seemed to counter it and I had to micro manage games.

That tactic goes through the centre. After a short time in Holland, the opponents would switch to a narrow diamond with a defensive mentality and men behind the ball and I'd have to switch to go down the flanks, then they'd change and I'd need to keep adjusting things. In the UK they stick to their chosen shape and I can go with the set and forget approach for most games (just micro managing big cup games). 

I know that I'll get more defensive opponents as I power up, so maybe the same thing will happen in the UK eventually, but from memory it wasn't as bad as it was in Holland...

12 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Thanks mate. I've started a new career and so far enjoying it much more. 

One thing I missed in my list of 'issues' above is that my normal tactic works much better in Scotland and England. In Holland they seemed to counter it and I had to micro manage games.

That tactic goes through the centre. After a short time in Holland, the opponents would switch to a narrow diamond with a defensive mentality and men behind the ball and I'd have to switch to go down the flanks, then they'd change and I'd need to keep adjusting things. In the UK they stick to their chosen shape and I can go with the set and forget approach for most games (just micro managing big cup games). 

I know that I'll get more defensive opponents as I power up, so maybe the same thing will happen in the UK eventually, but from memory it wasn't as bad as it was in Holland...

It was the same in Germany mate, I must check the opponent first, change my tactic based by that, change in game tactic. Once you become like mine, it'll be super harder. Everybody playing defensive mentality counter attack against me. It's hard, that's why I take so long to finish a season now.

It’s a shame to have to walk away but I agree with the others that if your not enjoying it then it’s pointless to continue.

it was a great idea and a fresh approach but it needs to be something you can like doing 

my 1K was getting the same way but the move to England really got me pumped again 

and as for buying more players than you need I’m super guilty

i say to myself every season “the squads in great shape you don’t need to buy anyone”.  Then low and behold I spent £96m and now have too many players for certain positions and others are not happy

its like an addiction I can’t help splashing the cash (I think it’s because I can’t spend IRL, so I go OTT and spend Millions on here ?

Maybe you should do a shorter career with a goal in mind.  Kind of like BG's single season challenges but make it for like 5 years.  Like, uh, take a 24 year old striker and try to get 400-450 goals with him in 5 seasons.

1 hour ago, AzmiG26 said:

It was the same in Germany mate, I must check the opponent first, change my tactic based by that, change in game tactic. Once you become like mine, it'll be super harder. Everybody playing defensive mentality counter attack against me. It's hard, that's why I take so long to finish a season now.

Yeah, not fun... I remember that happened to me in Scotland too and I tried out a 2 5 3 to counter it, but my normal tactic still worked better than in Holland. Maybe it was just the combination with the striker not being good enough / old enough to score despite it, but they really closed him down. Anyway, wasn't fun and while I expect to get it in Scotland too, I'm hoping it won't be as bad.

1 hour ago, Taff said:

It’s a shame to have to walk away but I agree with the others that if your not enjoying it then it’s pointless to continue.

it was a great idea and a fresh approach but it needs to be something you can like doing 

my 1K was getting the same way but the move to England really got me pumped again 

and as for buying more players than you need I’m super guilty

i say to myself every season “the squads in great shape you don’t need to buy anyone”.  Then low and behold I spent £96m and now have too many players for certain positions and others are not happy

its like an addiction I can’t help splashing the cash (I think it’s because I can’t spend IRL, so I go OTT and spend Millions on here ?

Thanks mate. I might come back to it and maybe I can consider moving (I have Spain loaded too), but back in Scotland for the moment. 

Haha totally guilty on the buying players front! ? But it was the promising youngsters I struggled with most. I spent a lot of time looking for player who might turn out well and buying them relatively cheaply, but I just had too many and couldn't get rid of any of them. Great stats and playing well, but not superstar yet. Still only 2.5 stars out of 5. Need to play them, need to play them all! Such a relief when one gets injured! :laugh:

Anyway, I will buy too many again this time, but I won't have enough money for them all to be good ones...

1 hour ago, veerus said:

Maybe you should do a shorter career with a goal in mind.  Kind of like BG's single season challenges but make it for like 5 years.  Like, uh, take a 24 year old striker and try to get 400-450 goals with him in 5 seasons.

Thanks mate, yeah after my first 1KC I had to do some one season only challenges because I couldn't face a full career. I think I'm up for it now, but I could be fooling myself! ?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. For now I'm just going to finish this season and see how it goes, then work out what to do.

Just caught up. When it stops being fun it's time to move on like you have done.

It got to similar point with my Tammy Abraham save ( of course you have scored far more with your guy than I did with TA) I Just didnt want to play as felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall. The hardest part for me was haveing a career thread going and having to admit you failed to a group of people and not just myself.

7 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Just caught up. When it stops being fun it's time to move on like you have done.

It got to similar point with my Tammy Abraham save ( of course you have scored far more with your guy than I did with TA) I Just didnt want to play as felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall. The hardest part for me was haveing a career thread going and having to admit you failed to a group of people and not just myself.

Yeah, I got to admit I feel bad because he's not going bad enough for me to give up, I should keep on going... One bad season and I quit, what's up with that! ? Especially after I encouraged others to keep going... But I'm just not feeling it right now and with another 16 seasons in store, I need to be. 

Gotta say Thanks for your support everyone! Much appreciated and the reason I love Vibe so much. You guys rock!

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Gotta say Thanks for your support everyone! Much appreciated and the reason I love Vibe so much. You guys rock!

100% agree with this. It's because of the great community we have here that I'm really looking forward to FMM18 and not even sure I will bother with PC game this year.

28 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

100% agree with this. It's because of the great community we have here that I'm really looking forward to FMM18 and not even sure I will bother with PC game this year.

Yeah, it's great here! I haven't played the PC game in years. I was thinking about it earlier this year and then decided "no, I like Vibe too much, better stick with the mobile version", LOL!

32 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Yeah, it's great here! I haven't played the PC game in years. I was thinking about it earlier this year and then decided "no, I like Vibe too much, better stick with the mobile version", LOL!

I’m a bit biased as I’ve never really played the PC version, but the thing that keeps me playing above every other factor is all of you guys, I don’t think I’d bother anywhere near as much if I couldn’t come here and talk tactics, ideas, challenges or take the mick out of a certain Panda

this is why I play pure and simple 

Wasn't ready for this twist when I entered the thread! Sure you'll be back and refreshed for FMM18. Still enjoyed the last update even though the result of it was disappointing :P

16 hours ago, samhardy said:

Wasn't ready for this twist when I entered the thread! Sure you'll be back and refreshed for FMM18. Still enjoyed the last update even though the result of it was disappointing :P

Haha, yeah I did sort of just throw that in there at the end, didn't I? :)

Thanks mate - although I have started a new one that I feel more excited about, although it's in the first season with a 16 year old striker stage! With only 5 weeks to go to FMM 2018, I'm not going to finish in time, so that will be a tricky one. How can I not buy the new game the second it's out? :O

16 hours ago, PriZe said:

Fail in the making!!!

pfff don't like holland....

Hide contents

Kiu mate ;)

See, I don't want this game to put me off Holland in real life, so it was the responsible thing to do to stop playing. 

Spoiler

You buy that? :D

5 hours ago, scratch99 said:

See, I don't want this game to put me off Holland in real life, so it was the responsible thing to do to stop playing. 

Reveal hidden contents

You buy that? :D

:laugh:(y)