Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Player adopting new nationality - residency laws?

mwf

Hi all,

New to the forum but always love a dabble on FM mobile 2017.

I always wanted some clarification on players adopting a new nationality after X number of years based on residency laws,  of course on the basis that they've played 0 competitive internationals for another nation.

I believe this rule exists in real life as I remember Manuel Almunia considering an England call up, see: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/2601356/Manuel-Almunia-eyes-England-call-up-Football.html.

Does anybody know if this is applicable to FM mobile? I have played with lots of small league teams like Shamrock Rovers (IRL) and Cliftonville (NI) signing foreign players, and keeping them for 5+ years (without any international appearances) but haven't noticed them adopting Irish nationalities.

I do understand those marked with 'other nationality' can play for the nation stated if they wish.

Can anybody clarify? cheers!

I just found this although may be an old source, I'm not sure if the rule may have changed since. See point (d) where it mentions it.

The residency requirement for players lacking birth or ancestral connections with a specific country was extended from two to five years in May 2008 at FIFA's Congress as part of Blatter's efforts to preserve the integrity of competitions involving national teams.[15]

The relevant current FIFA statute, Article 17: Acquisition of a new nationality, states:[16]

Any Player who ... [assumes] a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match ... in an official competition of any category or any type of football for one Association] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfills one of the following conditions:
(a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association.

— FIFA.comhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_eligibility_rules

Yes it's real rules for FIFA but not implemented in FMM .... 

But this does bring up a question as to how do they pick some second nationality for players is it random or there a set # each save for each nation ? 

If you have in game editor you can always change the main nationality if you want. I know there are 2-3 players that need switch nationality involving USA and I sometimes edit them start of Save to correct em..

15 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I'm pretty sure in FM you can earn citizenship of another country but not in FMM, It would be cool if we could that in FMM but it will never happen

Why not, enabling a player to either switch to a new nationality or remain with the old one after a set number of years shouldn't be hard to implement, and its of no inconvenience to the user so still fits the bill for an FMM feature. SI should definitely consider adding it, as alot of smaller nations rely on it.

7 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Why not, enabling a player to either switch to a new nationality or remain with the old one after a set number of years shouldn't be hard to implement, and its of no inconvenience to the user so still fits the bill for an FMM feature. SI should definitely consider adding it, as alot of smaller nations rely on it.

Very good point, they should do it it would be great

I think it would be great too, but I can't see them doing it. They need to keep the game as light as possible so it can run on all devices etc. This one change wouldn't likely have much of an effect, but if they did too many similar sized changes, then it would start having an effect. But it would be cool.

I guess there's only one way to find out and that's post it somewhere they look for changes. Do we have a thread of suggested changes here somewhere? Or maybe it needs to get added somewhere on the SIGames site?

20 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Yes it's real rules for FIFA but not implemented in FMM .... 

But this does bring up a question as to how do they pick some second nationality for players is it random or there a set # each save for each nation ? 

If you have in game editor you can always change the main nationality if you want. I know there are 2-3 players that need switch nationality involving USA and I sometimes edit them start of Save to correct em..

I think all second nationalities at the start of the game must relate to points A B and C:

(b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

If you mean regens I guess they're somewhat random as I see very unusual second nationalities, often Irish second nationality players in Brazil. Although guessing restricted in numbers.

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

I think it would be great too, but I can't see them doing it. They need to keep the game as light as possible so it can run on all devices etc. This one change wouldn't likely have much of an effect, but if they did too many similar sized changes, then it would start having an effect. But it would be cool.

I guess there's only one way to find out and that's post it somewhere they look for changes. Do we have a thread of suggested changes here somewhere? Or maybe it needs to get added somewhere on the SIGames site?

Agree fully. Personally, it would bring a huge new challenge, taking a small nation/league to be a major league through signing young players early in their career + improving a struggling nation over a long-haul game. I don't think an 'adopt residency nationality after an accumulative 5 years in a single country' would be too excessive in terms of developer logic. They certainly do a lot more complex things in the current game.

Does anywhere know of a suggestion type form where FMM developers may read up and answer questions?

4 hours ago, mwf said:

I think all second nationalities at the start of the game must relate to points A B and C:

If you mean regens I guess they're somewhat random as I see very unusual second nationalities, often Irish second nationality players in Brazil. Although guessing restricted in numbers.

Agree fully. Personally, it would bring a huge new challenge, taking a small nation/league to be a major league through signing young players early in their career + improving a struggling nation over a long-haul game. I don't think an 'adopt residency nationality after an accumulative 5 years in a single country' would be too excessive in terms of developer logic. They certainly do a lot more complex things in the current game.

Does anywhere know of a suggestion type form where FMM developers may read up and answer questions?

One of the top threads on the mobile section on the SI forums is for feature requests. There is a wish list here too but I don't know how likely it is to be looked at.

Edit: I've put this request on the SI forums feature requests thread, but obviously the more mentions it gets the more likely we are to get noticed.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/316258-semi-official-fmm-wish-list/?page=7

On 07/09/2017 at 19:41, Fish18ish said:

One of the top threads on the mobile section on the SI forums is for feature requests. There is a wish list here too but I don't know how likely it is to be looked at.

Edit: I've put this request on the SI forums feature requests thread, but obviously the more mentions it gets the more likely we are to get noticed.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/316258-semi-official-fmm-wish-list/?page=7

Much appreciated!!!