Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 1KC: Kaiser Kai Scores 1000+

BatiGoal

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Well I'm a bit behind, but hell dude you are rocking it, this guy is class, and in my PSV save he could play AP or DLP or CM he was so versatile but to take him and bang 1500+ is insane whatever engine your using

KIU and bring home that 2K, or don't bother showing up

Will hopefully wrap this up by next week. Thanks :)

Hmm, I've just realised that I've actually signed Havertz as a supporting character in my Juan Hernandez 1KC. I hope he doesn't read this and get ideas about scoring. I need him as an assist machine.

Although... I'm currently considering packing in that career and starting a new 1KC where I retrain a GK as a striker. He'll surely keep going forever...

Anyway, great job, don't stop yet, keep on pushing to that 1995 mark! ?

11 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Although... I'm currently considering packing in that career and starting a new 1KC where I retrain a GK as a striker. He'll surely keep going forever...

You could strike gold with that :D I'm telling you.. my next and next and next 1KC candidates are definitely going to be midfielders ;)

Before my 3rd and final update a few spoilers..

Spoiler

txAauXH.png

This was actually something I achieved a season ago but I'm proud to present Holland as the TOP LEAGUE in the universe :)

tWvEoIW.png

This is what I meant with having a midfielder as a 1KC contender. 36!!! and still this good. His stamina is getting that inevitable hit but it's been a blue 10 for months having him on intensive training and not one but two fitness coaches (the other two are attacking coaches). 8 greens incl. shooting, movement, decisions.. I'm hoping I can keep him playing until 40. That would really bring me close to the 2KC. Funny actually as I had no intention of going for this many goals LOL.

lISTHiF.png

36yo but still hitting 5 past the GK and showing the youngsters how it's done. No signs of retirement days just yet :)

ba1vQkL.png

He's gotta be my favorite FMM17 player now. He's just stunned me in every way possible. What a worldclass lad he's become. (y)

32 minutes ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

Wow 1700 goals is super sick. Glad to see the 1kc is far from dead :O

Under the right circumstances it still is, thanks! ...and welcome back? :)

15 minutes ago, PriZe said:

If this kid doesn't hit 2000.... kiu!!!

Thanks. Like I said, if he goes beyond 40 we got a chance. That would make 25 seasons :)

3rd and final update..

- Kaiser Kai's Road To 1000+ -

EwQ1Bhc.png

Kaiser Kai - 34yo

yPADeHF.png

Kaiser Kai - 35yo

1xTcw3S.png

Kaiser Kai - 36yo

e5eEABz.png

Kaiser Kai - 37yo

54C2jst.png

Kaiser Kai - 38yo

HGw6vkQ.png

Kaiser Kai - 39yo

P0hAAJd.png

Kaiser Kai - 40yo

mMEworF.png

Still a very respectable number of goals even after hitting past 35yo. That has all to do with the shape and condition he's been in. And it may be also interesting to note that he scored more goals as a 40yo than as a 39yo. That's partly due to the easier fixture list in his last season.

Additional Info - Tactics

Spoiler

OGHDgWd.png

Left was my starting formation with a PSV starting squad and right the finished product; a tweaked Classic Batigoals line-up.

A couple things..

• GK - just a dude between the posts, same in either formation.
  • Defence - I like a solid defence so it's a strong back 4. The starting formation on the left is with a much weaker squad so I opted for a simple no-nonsense back 4. The right is a worldclass squad so one BPD is enough to add to the already merciless attack further upfield.
  • Midfield - A flat midfield on the left to control midfield. Pretty important for "teams in progress" and BWMs work great on the OME. Then there's the AP for assists and a BBM for everything. From helping out the still developing defenders to adding assists and goals upfront. I understand he may have taken a couple of goals from Kaiser Kai but I felt it was important in say the first 5-6 seasons to really dominate and score many goals. My logic was that pressing the opponent back into their own half may also have created a few extra chances as a result for Kaiser Kai. Once we had a top squad to work with we moved two midfielders up to the AMC spots to recreate my favorite, more attack-minded, formation. With tweaked player roles it works on the OME as well.
  • Attack - Kaiser Kai of course. On the left I opted for an AF role since the team wasn't top yet I felt he needed to fall back to get the ball and create his own chances when needed. On the right he has worldclass providers behind him so really no need to do anything but stay near the box and flick those balls in. Poachers are great on OME especially for older, weaker, slower players.

7KE8qiW.png

As you see he suited the Advanced Forward role very well. Especially the Tries First Time Shots he must have scored litterally hundreds of goals from outside the box.

Additional Info - Kaiser Kai & BatiGoal

Spoiler

Jwo2zcy.png

He's just been absolutely phenomenal. WPOTY on 17 ocassions. Smoke THAT Ronaldo & Messi :)

ghESuKB.png

127 trophies in total. Decent.

Not sure where and if I should include the following but there's a few points / strategic moves I made that may or may not have added to Kaiser Kai's final goal tally that perhaps you'll find useful in your own careers:

• Staff - All attention should go to our main man. So in his first 4-5 seasons I went with 2 attacking and 2 fitness coaches. During his top years (22yo - 33yo) I went with 3 attacking coaches and 1 fitness. And his latter years till 40yo/retirement he was mainly struggling with his physicals so I opted for 3 fitness coaches and 1 attacking one to just get him to play the majority of the games and give him as much time on the football pitch as possible. I guess his experience provided the goals.
  • Teammates - The entire team is of course super important but the line behind him, his providers, in particular. In my case, my 4-1-4-1 formation, it's the 2 flank players and the 2 att.midfielders. As soon as I got my hands on handsome budgets I made sure I got nothing but the world's best for Kaiser Kai. In fact, those 4 needed for assists supported an incredible twenty-two 20s at some point. Wingers with speed, dribbling, technique and crossing among others and Playmakers with creativity, decisions and passing to kill for.
  • Substitutes - As much as teammates are important so are the subs. At least in my squad they are. It seemed to me that players get a little more tired compared with the EME so I made sure I had topclass subs. The only players I subbed, if permitted, were the 4 players I mentioned earlier, Kaiser Kai's assisters. With a bench full of fresh legs I always made sure to bring in 3 new players at the 45 or 60min mark to optimize the AMC strata. The better and fresher this line the more assists and thus goals our forward counts. Simple math.
  • In-game - Something I've been doing for a while now is fiddling with the passing focus. Simple yet effective. Sometimes I leave it untouched, on mixed, but when I see an opportunity to exploit the opponent I will fiddle it towards that direction. Simple things like a weak player on the opponent's flank or space in the middle, a sending off, or injured players on the pitch due to no subs or AI (mis)management.. whatever the reason it's useful to sometimes peek at the team you're playing and see if there's an advantage to be gained from what you see on the formation page.

Whether these points helped my striker to score more goals or not I'm not sure but they felt right and I'm delighted with the end result. They could potentially help you too. So it's food for thought for those considering it.

"Kaiser" Kai Havertz - Player Profile - 40yo

Exs7G9p.png

It's for me quite incredible to see in what a great shape Kai still is at 40yo. I've had players, 1KC contenders, in a much much worse state at 35-36yo and this guy is 40yo. I don't know if he's just amazing or if I've been really fortunate with this player in this save or the fact that midfielders do have a much slower attribute-deterioration compared with strikers. In any case my next 1KC..or 2KC :) contender will definitely again be a midfielder transformed into forward.

XmA6oRb.png

40yo but still scoring x7. Of course a terribly weak opponents played their part but that's exactly why I picked the Dutch Eredivisie.

MGiG9dA.png

And again. That's 14 goals in just 2 games in his retirement season, go figure what he did in his best years. Such a shame he declined my request for additional seasons as surely he could've hit a much higher number with the form he's been in. But the man's been at it for nearly 25 seasons so we have to respect his decision and thank him for his legendary displays throughout this career.

rpFGodd.png

Oh dear.. can we get that 2KC.. 2000 goals before he hangs up his boots?

"Kaiser" Kai Havertz - Final Goal Tally

CV3NI0s.png

Q8ko4zt.png

- Total Games: 1316 - Total Goals: 1912 -

What else is there to say.. he's an FMM17 legend. Playing 1300+ games is already pretty crazy and to score almost 1.5 goals / game for nearly 25 seasons is even more insane. Now more than ever I regret a little this career didn't get the love and presentation of a regular career but there are reasons for that. As I mentioned in my earlier updates this started as a test save because I also found myself with time restraints for frequent updates, but it's been going so well that I really wanted to share some of the thoughts, progress and results with the community.

It ends here. Hope you enjoyed the short read and see you in FMM18 for a 2KC attempt. Thanks for reading and cheers!

WOW!!!!!

There is nothing I can add to that but well done what a save and what a player over 1900 that is huge and with a midfielder trained as an attacker, with this and your earlier Boazor Save this has been your year dude no doubt, 

cant wait to see what your crazy Dutch ass gets up to next year

Congratulations again dude 

9 minutes ago, Taff said:

WOW!!!!!

There is nothing I can add to that but well done what a save and what a player over 1900 that is huge and with a midfielder trained as an attacker, with this and your earlier Boazor Save this has been your year dude no doubt, 

cant wait to see what your crazy Dutch ass gets up to next year

Congratulations again dude 

Thanks for the kind words, mate. It's all about patience and the player's longevity. Just wish it lasted the full 30 seasons.

Btw.. 'Boazor'? Really :laugh: 

4 hours ago, Taff said:

I knew it was wrong, just couldn't be arsed to find his name at 5.30am ?

I bet you still have no clue :laugh:

4 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Wow, just caught up and fantastic job with Kai, amazing numbers and unlucky with your goal of 2k, KIU

Thanks RR (y)

3 hours ago, PriZe said:

Impressive mate! Got to love the OME :) 

Hell yes. Next one's on the EME again. You go get that 2KC now. For the Dutchies ;)

Mate, so impressive. I really thought the final reveal would be that 2K had been reached, his numbers were so impressive each season! True legend! :celebrate:

Also thanks for the insights, massively helpful. One question: With the coaches at the beginning: No Youth coach? You don't think helps while he's young? I'm not entirely clear what a Youth coach does, but I always try to include one while the 1KC man is still a youth. Interested in your thoughts on that.

Wow so close to 2k actually :O

I'm impressed he didn't retire till he was 40 and you are absolutely right in saying that his stats are AMAZING for that age.

Great achievement mate :)

4 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Absolutely incredible numbers! :O

What a player. Congrats!!

Thanks mate. Think I got a man crush on the dude. :laugh: a legend! Hope he scores half the amount in real life.

3 hours ago, Joewins said:

That total for a guy who starts as an MC is bananas. Amazing.

Thanks! Bet it's no surprise I'm looking at CMs in a slightly different way now, with these types of challenges in mind :)

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Mate, so impressive. I really thought the final reveal would be that 2K had been reached, his numbers were so impressive each season! True legend! :celebrate:

Also thanks for the insights, massively helpful. One question: With the coaches at the beginning: No Youth coach? You don't think helps while he's young? I'm not entirely clear what a Youth coach does, but I always try to include one while the 1KC man is still a youth. Interested in your thoughts on that.

Thanks. I can't enjoy doing ITN and club management at the same time but it's probably the only way to get those 2000 goals. But it limits my choice of player greatly which is a shame. As for the Youth Coach, great question, I actually forgot there was one lol. I mean it never crossed my mind. We don't know exactly how effective these are but I suppose the players do benefit from having them and knowing then what I know now I think I'd go with 1 youth 1 fitness and 2 attack till his 20th year or so. As with most of my other FMM reasonings it would simple make sense so why not. :)

43 minutes ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

Wow so close to 2k actually :O

I'm impressed he didn't retire till he was 40 and you are absolutely right in saying that his stats are AMAZING for that age.

Great achievement mate :)

Thanks big! Having seen that 54yo Peter Hinds challenge the other day I was hoping to get my guy that far into his career, or well..at least complete the full 30 seasons with 1 player but not sure if SI have included some sort of "hidden" age cap somewhere that forces all real players to retire before the end of the 30-season journey.

11 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The painstaking moment when you realise international management would have seen him hit the 2K... :( Great stuff mate. Wish there'd been more then three updates!

Thanks Champ ;) but that rules out any German player unfortunately. Besides, ITN management for certain nations seems impossible to get this year. Really hope it gets a much needed update next year.

So close!  Totally thought you'd hit it.  Though I'm kind of surprised he only averaged 1.5 per game on the OME.  I thought that engine was a goal utopia.  Is it harder to score in big games so those 14-0 scorelines even it out over a season?

13 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks. I can't enjoy doing ITN and club management at the same time but it's probably the only way to get those 2000 goals. But it limits my choice of player greatly which is a shame. As for the Youth Coach, great question, I actually forgot there was one lol. I mean it never crossed my mind. We don't know exactly how effective these are but I suppose the players do benefit from having them and knowing then what I know now I think I'd go with 1 youth 1 fitness and 2 attack till his 20th year or so. As with most of my other FMM reasonings it would simple make sense so why not. :)

LOL, I just started a new 1KC career and got a Youth coach as I always do - and for the first time ever, the striker bonded with that coach (ie gets on their list and they report progress etc). It's normally one of the other coaches they bond with. But yeah, no idea how effective it will be...

1 hour ago, veerus said:

So close!  Totally thought you'd hit it.  Though I'm kind of surprised he only averaged 1.5 per game on the OME.  I thought that engine was a goal utopia.  Is it harder to score in big games so those 14-0 scorelines even it out over a season?

Goal utopia? Lol 1900+ is OK no? :)

But I think over 24 seasons including his lesser years as a kid and a veteran 1.5 gls/game is good. More in perspective.. I excluded the first 5 and last 5 seasons and ended up with a ratio of close to 1.7 gls/game over his "best" 14 seasons. One would maybe think 2gls/game should be possible on the OME but that's pretty hard to achieve longterm. Maybe a better manager can :)