Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 1KC: Kaiser Kai Scores 1000+

BatiGoal

36 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

LOL, I just started a new 1KC career and got a Youth coach as I always do - and for the first time ever, the striker bonded with that coach (ie gets on their list and they report progress etc). It's normally one of the other coaches they bond with. But yeah, no idea how effective it will be...

Great. Will do the same on my next journey. 

Maybe try something similar to what I did, fewer or short simple updates every 5 seasons or so. I think it's ok for very long careers like the 1KC. I mean, writing seasonal updates can really kill one's motivation too when we're so busy with our lives already. Even more so when, like you, we've done and shared a handful careers already this year.

4 hours ago, Loony said:

@BatiGoal do you have any tactics suggestions I started one I’m one season in with Kazaiah Sterling at Galatasary he only scored 17 goals???

The tactics I used is this one here. 

Hope it works for you :)

Amazing career @BatiGoal, thanks to a bump I managed to catch this otherwise I never would have had the pleasure. 

Love the condensed updates. I'm as guilty as anyone going picture heavy on yearly updates and the thread can get very large and hard to follow at times. This way concentrates on the key man himself. All the info we need and none of the fluff. 

Great achievement dude. 

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Amazing career @BatiGoal, thanks to a bump I managed to catch this otherwise I never would have had the pleasure. 

Love the condensed updates. I'm as guilty as anyone going picture heavy on yearly updates and the thread can get very large and hard to follow at times. This way concentrates on the key man himself. All the info we need and none of the fluff. 

Great achievement dude. 

Yeah, these mini updates worked out really well in the end. It made playing and posting the career a lot of fun. As you know the latter can become a real drag especially by the end of the year when we've played and shared countless careers already so this could be an option for those with less time on their hands. 

Thanks mate! Hope FMM18 sees me hit the 2K milestone :)

Congratulations @BatiGoal, this small career was very inspiring. 

Do you honestly believe that the fact that he's originally a midfielder has had any influence on his slow physical deterioration? @Alari or @Marc Vaughan, any input you can share on this?

Also, how did you get him to become a natural striker? If we keep them retraining long enough they can become natural in their new position? I've always stopped once they hit 'dark green'...

15 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

Do you honestly believe that the fact that he's originally a midfielder has had any influence on his slow physical deterioration? @Alari or @Marc Vaughan, any input you can share on this?

From the many many careers I've played I do believe midfielders have a slower attribute deterioration compared with forwards. Generally speaking of course. Maybe partly due to the fact that they peak at a later age also. Only SI can confirm tho but that's the impression I got. Or I've been lucky with this particular player in this particular save, who knows :)

20 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

Also, how did you get him to become a natural striker? If we keep them retraining long enough they can become natural in their new position? I've always stopped once they hit 'dark green'..

I never train anyone who hasn't got at least 'reasonable' aptitude to a new position, it would simply take too long otherwise, if at all. Kai was 'reasonable' for ST spot and if memory serves me right it took him over a season to become a natural striker. I think approx 18 months. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

1 hour ago, Archie Graveluth said:

Also, how did you get him to become a natural striker? If we keep them retraining long enough they can become natural in their new position? I've always stopped once they hit 'dark green'..

I never train anyone who hasn't got at least 'reasonable' aptitude to a new position, it would simply take too long otherwise, if at all. Kai was 'reasonable' for ST spot and if memory serves me right it took him over a season to become a natural striker. I think approx 18 months. 

I've found that as long as they don't complain about being frustrated, even someone with very poor aptitude will probably get to full green eventually. Might take years!

Also I *think* that FMM 2017 was the first version where you could retrain someone until they were full green / natural in a position. It was super hard to get anyone to retrain at all when it first came out, so they reworked it in one of the patches and I believe they added that in. 

11 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Also I *think* that FMM 2017 was the first version where you could retrain someone until they were full green / natural in a position.

Yes, that's right. Until FMM17 they'd get to 'accomplished' tops whereas now they can become 'natural'.