Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Isak’s 2000 goals challenge by PriZe [Completed]

PriZe

44 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Great going! He is absolutely going to smash it when he seasons up a bit, just phenomenal!

Very interesting to see the tactics. Quite similar to what I use, except I use a Poacher as I find AF's pass too much (but maybe that was just my old striker who had high teamwork) and I don't use BBMs as I found they score too much (I used to have a CM instead, but just changed to a second AP). I swap around Direct / Short based on what the opposition are doing and I'm never ever ever game to play the offside trap! 

Anyway, it's great to see what you're using, especially as Isak is going much better than my striker at around the same age. I have a weaker striker and weaker team but also in a weaker league. I'm experimenting with tweaks at the moment and might try some of those out. Hmm, offside trap? Nah... or.. maybe... ?

Thanks for sharing!

AF does pass more but in the end more involved so thats why i decide to stick with it. As the wingers can get cut off every now and then i like my striker to be a bit more involved. I checked and the AF performs like the P on OME.

did recently switch the tactic a bit up, but will post with the corresponding season ;)

A bbm in the middle does indeed score pretty often, but on the side he ain't stealing a lot of goals :)

added 0 minutes later
2 minutes ago, Taff said:

Another great season dude, and congrats on getting the BP to work on the EME

KIU Panda boy

Thanks bunny :P

We've discussed the BP so much since the EME was introduced so I'm happy you've finally got it working! Some smart changes and wisdom shared mate, as you know we have very similar views usually. 

As for the goals what else can I say, simply superb :). 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

We've discussed the BP so much since the EME was introduced so I'm happy you've finally got it working! Some smart changes and wisdom shared mate, as you know we have very similar views usually. 

As for the goals what else can I say, simply superb :). 

thanks mate :) 

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

When Isak picks up a 6 month injury a couple of games into the next season...

c400cff8-5293-4b68-8580-7ce0bebfb949.jpg

Not going to happen for at least the upcoming 7 seasons :P

added 0 minutes later
37 minutes ago, Taff said:

I thought I was the King of Gif's :D

Nah mate, just the King of failed Challenges! How's Buitink doing? :P

Isak’s road to glory a 2KC challenge season 3 update

Welcome back for the third update! Isak has been amazing the first two seasons, so let’s dive in to season number 3!

The main event

PriZe 2KC Isak S3.jpg

Once again a small increase in goals. 78 goals at the age of 19, you can’t hear me complain :D

Proof

Spoiler

7xWXxtE.jpg

Rfb3TQW.jpg

1JpGvuw.jpg

k6hvW9p.jpg

u9p3cnq.jpg

MUoGOF6.jpg

NyuId5v.jpg

So let's talk defence
I use 3 roles depending on who i can get and if my team is able to really dominate the opposition. The roles i will discuss are:

• Central defender
  • Ball playing defender
  • Wingback

These are the only roles i use (unless i do a CC challenge.. you always get screwed by the host so no option to build dominating teams ;) )

Central defender
The cornerstone of many tactics on Vibe are the Central defenders. They are dependable players who know their primary role is to defend but do try a nice pass every know and then.

The following attributes are the ones i look at

0IHUtq0.png
For the primary attributes i will try and find players who are in the range of 15+ (greens) or that i think can grow to that level overtime with the right training. Secondary is 10 minimum.

The focus on defending is clearly seen in the distribution between primary and secondary attributes.

Ball playing defender
Now these are the lads i love. Great at defending but have a hell of a pass in their foot as well. Think Boateng or for the oldies Frank de Boer, Ronald Koeman.

As per Central defender these are the primary and secondary attributes i look for

fMVQ1dI.png

Wingback's
As i like to play strikers with good aerial stats the wingback's are crucial in pumping in the crosses. Full backs are fine but you will miss out on that extra attacking power. I look for the following attributes

ityF5og.png

Concluding
Well thats it for season 3 update. Hope you all enjoyed it and as always a big thanks to @fuddledfoxFM for creating the graphics! Don’t forget to drop a comment, a question or suggestion for a update theme!

Cheers PriZe

Great result, that's massive for a 19 year old! Can't wait to see what he does next year! Also thanks for the insights into the players and what you look for, very interesting! ?

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Great result, that's massive for a 19 year old! Can't wait to see what he does next year! Also thanks for the insights into the players and what you look for, very interesting! ?

Thanks mate! Isak just keeps suprising me with his performance :O Next year is going to be a shocker ;)

46 minutes ago, Taff said:

Great season again, already over the 200 mark, now just 1800 left :D

Just 1800:laugh:

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Good stuff as always mate. 

Thanks mate! :)

added 0 minutes later
16 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Great season! I get the feeling the next one will be huge :O

Or the season long injury:O

Has he not hit above 80 yet? Pfft he's 19! Get him going already.

Little note, tackling is completely secondary to my wingback choices as long as it's a 12 or more I'm happy.

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

Loving the detailed and unique updates Prize! A career and FMM lessons in one! 

As for the goals what can I say! He's smashing it! 

Thanks mate! Means a lot coming from you :)

added 0 minutes later
Just now, kts365 said:

Has he not hit above 80 yet? Pfft he's 19! Get him going already.

Little note, tackling is completely secondary to my wingback choices as long as it's a 12 or more I'm happy.

Haha will try next season! 

Wow just wow! That's alot of goals lmao great job so far and i love the bits of info about the different roles!

I do have a qn though, like if the passing is switched to short, won't the winger and wingbacks be doing more short passes than crosses? 

Also, i observed on eme this year that pacy defenders are very important, making it abit like fifa lol. If the defenders are slow, they tend to struggle against teams that play 2 forwards or more, regardless of the opposition's pace (or maybe that's just for me). So if i have a little bit of cash i will go for faster defenders. 

35 minutes ago, salohcin said:

Wow just wow! That's alot of goals lmao great job so far and i love the bits of info about the different roles!

I do have a qn though, like if the passing is switched to short, won't the winger and wingbacks be doing more short passes than crosses? 

Also, i observed on eme this year that pacy defenders are very important, making it abit like fifa lol. If the defenders are slow, they tend to struggle against teams that play 2 forwards or more, regardless of the opposition's pace (or maybe that's just for me). So if i have a little bit of cash i will go for faster defenders. 

Thanks mate! And glad to hear you like the write up :)

In regards to your question. Yes and no ;)  they will do more short passing to keep the ball within the team, but they will still pump in those crosses several times per game. And if you have good aerial stats upfront that will be enough to get some goals. Weighing the pro's and cons of direct versus short i decided to go short, i can always switch to Direct if need.

Good point! it's indeed similar to Fifa, you just get out run with one-two's between the two central strikers and your screwed.

Isak’s road to glory a 2KC challenge season 4 update

Welcome back for update nr 4. Isak has been smashing it so far, so let’s dive in to season number 4 and see how he did!

The main event

PriZe 2KC Isak S4.jpg
BOOM 20 years old and a 100 goals already :)@Taff, taking notes for buitink? ;)

Proof

Spoiler

vRCNoTm.jpg

dvH1pVM.jpg

jPe5PEn.jpg

ZNkskg2.jpg

7vsqjch.jpg

zA0eZqp.jpg

Ymnz7gJ.jpg

So let's talk mid... no tactics! Let's talk tactics... again...
I know i was going to write about my midfield roles, but i changed my tactic. And with Isak his result i think you would like to know what i changes :)

The Isak

oHP9bHn.jpg
New tactic so new name :) As you can see i made minor adjustments but with great result. We are now rocking a APM on the side and switched the positions of the DLP  and APM.

So why change?
The BP relies heavily on wingers. This makes the attack vunerable and especially against the 4-5-1 all men infront of goal tactic i was struggeling to get Isak into play. Wingers just couldn't provide the versaitality i am looking for. With an apm on the side i've got a player who stays out wide but also cuts in. Next to that i find the apm role to be more creative in their passing. So the wings are now ideal imho.

Apm next to an Apm isnt ideal imho so i moved out the dlm. Ideally the dlm and bbm would dropback when needed creating an arrow on the midfiels and creating passing triangles.

Concluding
Well thats it for season 4 update. Hope you all enjoyed it and as always a big thanks to @FuddledFox for creating the graphics! Don’t forget to drop a comment, a question or suggestion for a update theme!

Cheers PriZe