Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Isak’s 2000 goals challenge by PriZe [Completed]

PriZe

On 17-10-2017 at 15:14, MerlionMaple96 said:

Wow I'm incredibly impressed by the 100+ goals a season that's woefully difficult to do consistently.

Well done mate!! :)

Thanks mate!

13 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Speechless! That is just awesome. This lad's going places. All the way to 2K I guess. :D

Great job, super impressed, KIU mate!

Hope so! He is insane :) 

9 hours ago, samhardy said:

3K?

Nah we've got some rocky roads ahead ;)

Isak's road to glory a 2KC challenge seasons 12 - 14 update

Welcome back for another update on Isak his road to 2000 goals. Last update saw Isak hit that sweet 1KC mark, question remains can he hit hard on the 2KC goal?

Important announcement

Spoiler

H4cBR2U.jpg

A1I1kBo.jpg

Isak ITN stats at the time of me taking over

uZdVknQ.jpg

Wooooooohoooo after 11 years finally we get the oh so important ITN management. All i hope is that it isn't too late :(

The main event

Spoiler

Season 12

Spoiler

PriZe 2KC Isak S12.png

szA5saM.jpg

z1AaWmS.jpg

UQHVOdW.jpg

Season 13

Spoiler

PriZe 2KC Isak S13.png

nIHxlze.jpg

XQ3BgwH.jpg

T4D5dGr.jpg

Season 14

Spoiler

PriZe 2KC Isak S14.png

oX5WoPv.jpg

o5tx4Nw.jpg

2cgCkuu.jpg

What a rollarcoaster :S Isak hit his all time high with 120 goals in bloody la Liga but crashed and burned next season with just 87 goals :( Not really time to start losing those goals. Hopefully the 55 ITN goals so far will help us and keep him on track.

How do i go about with youngsters

Youngsters... bags full of potential but how do you include them in to your squad when your starting eleven is stellar? It's a managers nightmare, because you want to keep the flow of the team, but your future gem also needs game time to develop. This is my approach and i hope you find it helpfull.

Finding the next Messi?
When looking for future players i use the same attributes as in my earlier post, however i expand the search rate by lowering the stats. Reason for this is that you want to find young players with good base stats.

From there i will look at the candidates, see how they have performed at their clubs, and if they look promising, i will scout them (get a good youth scout). Based on the scout report i either sign them or move on. Be aware, not all scout reports are correct. You can scout the 16 year old regen of Messi and they might say he will never grow to a player you can use. So use your gut as well!

So you've signed a 17 - 20 year old, now what?

Game time is everything, without the right amount of game time they won't improve. With the really young kids i typically loan them out. From 16-18 i don't mind where they go, as long as they will play. After that i want him to play at least 2nd or 1st division. 

Knockin on the door
Your new Messi or Ramos has improved, but still not ready for the big team and a shame to loan out. 

At this time i start to included them in my B squad. B squad PriZe? Yes people i use two squads. I do this to keep everyone fresh, happy and give room to new kids and to slowly replace the older lads.

My A Squad is my best team, the play 3 games in a row, then i play my B team 2 games etc etc. This keeps everyone happy and this will help your youngsters flow in to the teams. Always keep a good mix between promising youngsters and experienced guys in your B team or pay the price result wise ;)

Well thats it for how i go about with youngesters. Hope you liked it!

Concluding
Pffff the stressfull part has arrived, with every season we get closer to our goal of 2000 goals but still it's far away. The time for speculating had arrived as well, so what do you guys think? Can Isak pull it off?

Hope you all enjoyed it and as always a big thanks to @FuddledFoxfor creating the graphics! Don’t forget to drop a comment, a question or suggestion for a update theme!

Cheers PriZe

Edited by PriZe

I can see you doing this now you have the ITN.

Really interesting stuff about how to develop youngsters. Something I'm not that great at if I'm honest. I tend to be either a cheque book manager or scraping around the bargain basement and find my self ignoring the young players I could develop myself.

24 minutes ago, PriZe said:

So you've signed a 17 - 20 year old, now what?

Game time is everything, without the right amount of game time they won't improve. With the really young kids i typically loan them out. From 16-18 i don't mind where they go, as long as they will play. After that i want him to play at least 2nd or 1st division. 

Is there any way to really judge the quality of a loan offer, or is it just look at the roster and go with your gut?

Love these updates FYI

20 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I can see you doing this now you have the ITN.

Really interesting stuff about how to develop youngsters. Something I'm not that great at if I'm honest. I tend to be either a cheque book manager or scraping around the bargain basement and find my self ignoring the young players I could develop myself.

I used to do the same! So no shame in that haha. But with long careers, and doddgy regens you will run out of options of players that are on top of their game. I feel that players under ai management won't develop as good as when you are in control. But that could be in my head as well haha ;)

2 minutes ago, akbrim said:

Is there any way to really judge the quality of a loan offer, or is it just look at the roster and go with your gut?

Love these updates FYI

Not in away you know for sure. But there are some factors you can look at to increase your odds a bit. 

First thing i take in too account, there is a big chance your kid is godsgift to football, so with that quality at a certain age, you don't want him to easily outshine other players. Like irl, with stronger opponents you will most likely learn more. So that is why when they get older i want them to be in a more competitive division.

Before that game time is everything also similair to real life. Combined with your own suggestion of the roster of the team that will loan the player thats about it to make the right decision for the loan. Sometimes it will work out, but i have loaned out a amazing Messi regen and recalled him because he didn't play in a 3rd division :S

Some of these thoughts are supported by an article written for fmm 15 or 16, but couldn't find it. Will have a better look when i have the time!

A couple of awesome seasons there, especially with the ITN goals considered. Pretty confident he'll make it now that you got the ITN job. Just awesome stuff mate!

Also once again thanks for the info on how you do things. I do pretty much the same, but don't go as far as have A and B squads. But I regularly switch things around, resting one of best and putting in a youngster for a few games, then swapping back and doing the same in a different position. I'll always have a couple in there... Might have to try your approach though, more systematic and would make sure I'm not missing anyone...

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

Fantastic going Prize! I think it'll be tight but if anyone can pull this off it's you! 

Thanks for the confidence! :)

2 hours ago, Taff said:

The Panda has come back swinging, with the Swedish job I now fully believe that this is possible, don’t make me a lying bunny now Gentleman Bear

Will try and not disapoint you :)

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

A couple of awesome seasons there, especially with the ITN goals considered. Pretty confident he'll make it now that you got the ITN job. Just awesome stuff mate!

Also once again thanks for the info on how you do things. I do pretty much the same, but don't go as far as have A and B squads. But I regularly switch things around, resting one of best and putting in a youngster for a few games, then swapping back and doing the same in a different position. I'll always have a couple in there... Might have to try your approach though, more systematic and would make sure I'm not missing anyone...

It helps not forgetting for sure. I used to get complaints of not playing and with the 3-2 split everbody stays happy :)

i just save and A and B team and loaded them when needed. Saves the hassle on doing it manually :)

12 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Another few seasons down and a big step closer to his inevitable retirement :laugh: but hey no stress, mate lol

Doing ok-ish KIU :P

Thanks mate... no go back on holiday:laugh:

On 11/1/2017 at 16:04, PriZe said:

Based on the scout report i either sign them or move on. Be aware, not all scout reports are correct. You can scout the 16 year old regen of Messi and they might say he will never grow to a player you can use. So use your gut as well!

Loving these discussions...

I always use youth scouts between transfer windows.  And they almost always find .5-2* CA players with 4-5* PA that I can buy for fairly cheap.  And even if they don't work out, you're guaranteed to sell them for a profit a year or two later.

As far as development is concerned - when loaning players, check the team's schedule.  If they're a "grey" team with only cup matches, refuse the loan as they will not have any simulated matches during the season and you'll waste a year of the player's development.  Only loan to teams that have a full season schedule.  If the youngster is not out on loan, make sure to give them games at the end of the season when your standing in the table is unlikely to meaningfully improve.

17 hours ago, veerus said:

As far as development is concerned - when loaning players, check the team's schedule.  If they're a "grey" team with only cup matches, refuse the loan as they will not have any simulated matches during the season and you'll waste a year of the player's development.  Only loan to teams that have a full season schedule.  If the youngster is not out on loan, make sure to give them games at the end of the season when your standing in the table is unlikely to meaningfully improve.

Just found this out the hard way.... 

Isak’s road to glory a 2KC challenge final update

There it is people! The final update of Isak's road to glory! Although a lot of us moved on to FMM18 already, Isak was still fighting to achieve the 2000 goals! So... did he achieve it?

Spoiler

final graphic2.png

And yes! Yes yes yes!!!! It took us 19 seasons, but we made it! The first 2kc on Vibe on EME in a major league!

Proof

Spoiler

N5TnPkc.png

WYCF09N.png

nvSDwy9.png

SP7Ree6.png

ezTKMMJ.png

EknpyMp.png

KRw8vt9.png

N9Bmvcn.png

NZ3fWiv.png

pcZ3DGH.png

nXkrmhp.png

Jyxpjms.png

RCnEzmj.png

G6g2aHF.png

1w6GKsh.png

Concluding
What a player is Isak. I just fell in love with this lad, he's like a cheatcode thats how good he is. I'm not going to lie, i've been extremely lucky with injuries in the last 19 seasons. But man did he deliver on his potential. A big thanks to @Ashez for the mental support because near the end it was defo a grind. And also a big thanks to Foxy @FuddledFox as without him and his infographics i would never have posted this career.

Thanks all for your support and see you on FMM18! 

Cheers PriZe

Godly. 

Worth the grind I'd say :) phenomenal stuff! One of those FMM players and careers that you'll be remembered for for years to come. Congrats man! 

11 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Absolutely brilliant mate:celebrate::trophy::medal:Glad to have helped in my tiny way as it's the closest I will ever get to a 2k.

Thanks mate :) Why don't you try it this year? FMM is suited for goal challenges this year:laugh:

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Godly. 

Worth the grind I'd say :) phenomenal stuff! One of those FMM players and careers that you'll be remembered for for years to come. Congrats man! 

Yeah in the end it was definitely worth it :) Thanks!!

4 hours ago, Taff said:

Amazing stuff Panda ? 

Very Very impressive to achieve over 2000 goals is huge and Isak has given us all hope  the future is bright 

now rest up dude

Thanks bunny!

3 hours ago, Chris Woodward said:

Superb dude..

Isak has genuine legend status on 17.

A truly fantastic career. (y)

Thank you mate! Yeah Isak is a legend :D  i hope he will be able to be as epic in real life because then we will enjoy him for years to come :)

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I'm so proud of you for this! Fantastic achievement Prize!! Words can't describe how happy I am you grinded this across the line! 

:) thanks mate! Means a lot to me :)

added 0 minutes later
56 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Lets see if I can get the double trouble competed first shall we.

No... i will keep pushing you like you pushed me to be writer :P

9 hours ago, PriZe said:

Thanks mate :) Why don't you try it this year? FMM is suited for goal challenges this year:laugh:

Yeah in the end it was definitely worth it :) Thanks!!

Thanks bunny!

Thank you mate! Yeah Isak is a legend :D  i hope he will be able to be as epic in real life because then we will enjoy him for years to come :)

I think he has been prolific in the Dortmund B squad...saw him play for sweden once, played pretty decent.

I know irl he has been linked with Man U and R.Madrid.

Cousin works for a news paper in spain...jammy sod!!