Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Harvey Barnes goes for 1K

samhardy

It's an extremely badly kept secret that I have a strained relationship with the 1KC to say the least and after the Rashford corruption disaster earlier in the year I was convinced the curse wouldn't be lifted this year.

However during the CC final against @BatiGoal one player in particular got me over the line and freed me from that separate curse that hung over me like a dark cloud and immediately I thought if this player couldn't get me over the line in this challenge then who could... Surely it's written in the stars as a double curse-lift in FMM2017!

Step forward... Harvey Barnes

SKDQXtdl.jpg

Doesn't look outstanding at the start but I know he has that goalscoring knack!

The club of choice, or the country of choice rather, was Poland due to the poor quality of the league and because I haven't had much experience there this year. With that in mind, the only club that could afford Harvey was Legia Warsaw.

560921501829183.jpg

Updates will be in quite a casual manner for this save as I'll be focusing on actually trying to complete this at the millionth attempt :(

The story so far

Season 1

JsJHwOXl.jpg

My deceased Grandfather could win the treble with Legia in all honesty. With England all needing to be loaded they didn't actually have many players so I had to fill the squad up with free agents so the run to the CL last 16 was unexpected, especially considering we progressed through a group which included Atletico Madrid and Monaco.

Legia

Spoiler

BAn56Ax.jpg

bsMHPMo.jpg

v32SHps.jpg

LT4gZs1.jpg

Squad list in order of appearances

A5rEPh5.jpg

Assists

0c2yxHk.jpg

Harvey Barnes

With the club side of things out the way let's have a look at how the main man got on. He didn't play a great amount of games but that's down to me being paranoid about overplaying him and causing unnecessary injuries!

YDrvrXs.jpg

Games played/scored - 49/53

So... Not a bad start for the first season but with Poland being so weak I'll be looking to exploit that sooner rather than later.

One season down, one season closer to inevitable failure!

Good choice of player and league! In a league like Poland, I'm not sure how to keep him around when he starts hitting big numbers.

Good Luck!

That's a great start! This is going to be massive.

Will be very interested to see how you go in Poland. I've used Scotland, which is in the same ballpark and it worked well. Good luck!

@AzmiG26 @Taff In relation to the keeping him around issue then that's my job to ensure progress in Europe really. I would be open to moving clubs but ideally he stays in Poland for the long-term!

21 hours ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Good luck with your new best friend. Looks like you might banish 2 curses with FMM17

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Two curses one stone? I love it! If he pulls this off he'll be a Vibe legend! 

Hopefully :O Looks like all along I had the cure and only now I realise what it is!

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I have every faith in Sam and Harvey to not disappoint. I fully expect to once again witness the inevitable extension of this 1KC curse.

Hmm. I expected a lot more hatred than this if I'm being honest. Poor effort to kick things off with :P

18 hours ago, PriZe said:

Good luck mate! Great find :) hope he hits the 1kc

Cheers mate! No sarcastic comment yet?

7 hours ago, scratch99 said:

That's a great start! This is going to be massive.

Will be very interested to see how you go in Poland. I've used Scotland, which is in the same ballpark and it worked well. Good luck!

Thanks mate, hope it will be massive. I actually think at the start Poland is worse than Scotland... Which is some achievement.

On 2017/9/18 at 05:17, PriZe said:

Good luck mate! Great find :) hope he hits the 1kc

Hi dude.I'm a newcomer for this forum.Could you tell me what does '1kc' mean?

3 hours ago, Ftzhjiii said:

Hi dude.I'm a newcomer for this forum.Could you tell me what does '1kc' mean?

1kc (or 1k) means 1000 goals

its a challenge where you take one player and attempt to score 1000 goals with them

1 hour ago, Taff said:

1kc(或1k)表示1000个目标

这是一个挑战,你拿一个球员,并试图与他们达到1000个目标

Thanks,bro.This is a amazing challenge.I'd also like to try it.

Update - Season 2

Legia

sYd2N1Wl.jpg

Identical to last season, squad is still pretty weak so getting through a group which contained Juventus and Villarreal was a great achievement in the CL. Domestically we don't have any competition really. Check the spoiler below for the squad as well as the cup screenshots :)

Spoiler

Trophies

29dlMg6.jpg

xv7nIvs.jpg

4Twg6BO.jpg

Squad - In order of appearances

CQsT4k7l.jpg

Assists

ujRZfKJl.jpg

Harvey Barnes

As you can see by the appearances screenshot he missed a few games this season, again. This was down to a couple of annoying fortnight long injuries which kept him out of games and disrupted his form.

F9d7LEX.jpg

Still his attributes are progressing nicely :)

A0T8LD9l.jpg

Better than last season but I'm still expecting quite a big improvement in the coming seasons. His goals in the league need to be improved but 111 represents a good return after 2 seasons!

Games played - 96

Goals scored - 111

Goals remaining - 889

Another good season!

Of course, in their young age, they will have injury more but I'm sure as he grows the injuries wouldn't visit your player that much. His goals are better than mine in the first 2 season. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the comments!

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Are you retraining him into a natural striker? Or how does he respond to it?

Odd looking league but must be a nice change I think :)

Trying to. It says he's been learning the position for x amount of months but nothing happening. Resigned myself to the fate that it's not going to happen, odd really considering he's banging in the goals.

The league screenshot is after the split, not as strange as it looks ;)

Another great season! 70 next year I reckon. Keep retraining him, as long as he's not complaining about it - I've had some players take a year and a half before they were full retraining. How long seems to depend on each player. But as long as he's banging them in, it's all good!

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Another great season! 70 next year I reckon. Keep retraining him, as long as he's not complaining about it - I've had some players take a year and a half before they were full retraining. How long seems to depend on each player. But as long as he's banging them in, it's all good!

Thanks mate! Looking like there's no chance of retraining though. Now bordering a few seasons and still no progress. No message saying it failed, just no progress on his positions screen. As you said, it doesn't really matter, just seems a bit odd!

I never retrain anyone unless his aptitude is at least reasonable. And the longest it's taken me to get a player from zero ability to natural was 1.5-2 seasons.