• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Harvey Barnes goes for 1K

samhardy

Update - Season 3

Legia

HlptdEWl.jpg

We took an unwanted dip into the Europa League this season after somehow meeting Roma in the CL playoff, not that this turn of events helped us however as we crashed out in, you guessed it, the first knockout round. We also easily won the domestic treble again... In other news, the sky is blue. The spoiler contains some club related screenshots.

Spoiler

Trophies

oCoBSwrl.jpg

WtV8y01l.jpg

kMhP0Zel.jpg

Europa League crash out

wYiAka0l.jpg

Squad - Appearances

sFShwn7l.jpg

Squad - Assists

vO4GrQzl.jpg

Harvey Barnes

Thankfully Harvey had his first injury free season hence was allowed to play more games. The service to him was improved as you can see from the assists screenshot so let's see if he could take advantage of that.

gXonpCLl.jpg

A good improvement from the first two seasons as he years Poland apart and makes his mark in Europe too! I'm hoping for 70+ very soon but still pleased with the start. There was also this halfway through the season which led to a dip in form :(

kS4nuk5l.jpg

Games played - 150

Goals scored - 179

Goals remaining - 821

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Goals scored - 179

The all-time Polish Ekstraklasa top goalscorer is Ernst Pohl (1954-67) with 186 goals.

First milestone is right up ahead ;)

On 21/09/2017 at 15:11, AzmiG26 said:

Great season! Finally, he hits 60 but I'm sure it'll go up to 70 next year!

KIU!

On 21/09/2017 at 15:29, danovic78 said:

Nice improvement again, defiantly on for 70 again next year. Hopefully a longer run in Europe will help.

Thanks to you both. Europe has been a nonstarter so far really but it's more down to the domestic cup draws. Early on sometimes we face opposition with no players and he can score 7+ goals a game but sometimes it's top tier opposition from the start.

On 21/09/2017 at 15:41, Taff said:

Looking very good, remember the name Harvey Barnes 

On 21/09/2017 at 17:32, fuddledfoxFM said:

Starting to motor now. I have a good feeling about this Harvey Barnes fella

Legend in the making!

On 21/09/2017 at 17:37, BatiGoal said:

The all-time Polish Ekstraklasa top goalscorer is Ernst Pohl (1954-67) with 186 goals.

First milestone is right up ahead ;)

Didn't ask for a history lesson :P 13 years to get 186 goals? 14 goals a year? That guy must have been poor!

10 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Great stuff mate. 68 goals is fantastic for the third season and it's only going to be onwards and upwards from here! ?

Hope so :) Think I took him to the right league. Enjoyable to play in and he's banging in the goals.

Update - Season 4

Legia

M5DfDjpl.jpg

Nothing new here... The usual treble and First Knockout round K/O is becoming quite a regular occurrance in this save now. Starting to build a decent squad now so hopefully European results will improve before too long! Screenshots below...

Spoiler

Trophies

Br7DbAXl.jpg

Ua14d13l.jpg

hNjmnWvl.jpg

Champions League - unlucky

lCClFJLl.jpg

Squad - appearances

XanZVnol.jpg

Squad - assists

nbTfHc2l.jpg

The Service

dGIYmKCl.jpg

mpQNjLIl.jpg

Both bargains picked up cheaply from South America! We're going to be hearing a lot more about Menendez in particular in the future. Sadly interest is the picking up in both so hopefully they'll decide to stick around.

Harvey Barnes

He made the most appearances for the club this season which is always a good sign. Could these world class wingers mean that Harvey hits 70 for the first time in this career?

6k8vmTol.jpg

No! Disappointing stuff. One of the main reasons for this was the fact that due to improvement in the league ranking we no longer play the easy CL qualifiers. With that in mind, another season of 68 whilst improving the strike rate is promising. Southgate and England failed to get out of their WC group but of course he kept the job and probably earned a knighthood in the process.

Attributes and interest

E4q9MgRl.jpg

Still no luck retraining...

37aG4K8l.jpg

First transfer offer comes in, no complaint when rejected which is good and also signed a new 5 year deal. West Ham also sniffing around.

Games played - 198

Goals scored - 247

Goals remaining - 753

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

At least he's consistent and improving! I think this might be the one Sam!!!!!!! 

Spilled coffee on my new neck-tie, thanks to you. Thanks a lot!

On 25/09/2017 at 19:04, Taff said:

A good looking season and it's only going to get better 

kiu dude 78 next season

That'd be a good number! Doesn't seem to be a major improvement in attributes so happy with the numbers at present.

23 hours ago, Ashez said:

At least he's consistent and improving! I think this might be the one Sam!!!!!!! 

:O

16 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Spilled coffee on my new neck-tie, thanks to you. Thanks a lot!

Wanker :P

12 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Another good season. Great to see him sign a new contract for you. Next year is going to be big I think.

Thanks, yeah contract was good to see and was pleasantly surprised to see no complaints after the bid was rejected!

12 hours ago, AzmiG26 said:

Good stuff right there! If he's upset just give him a new contract ( if possible lol ), that's usually worked out for me.

He signed the new deal, wasn't unhappy though. Hope it doesn't come to that :P

Looking good! I guess you might lose a few of the supporting cast to the bigger clubs in the short term, but start winning Europe and you'll soon be a big club and be able to keep them. Sitting pretty I think!

10 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Looking good! I guess you might lose a few of the supporting cast to the bigger clubs in the short term, but start winning Europe and you'll soon be a big club and be able to keep them. Sitting pretty I think!

Sadly Santos wouldn't sign a new deal so had to cash in on him in January. Ended up going for £15M which isn't too bad with only 6 months left on his contract

Great career so far....seriously jealous!! 

I've been trying to get a 1kc career going for a few months now and I'm getting nowhere at all!

Maybe its because I'm not tweaking from game to game maybe(not got a clue how that works) !

Playing the game normally....no problem!! 

I can get my main man to score 40 tops but that was a rarity.

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

Just 68?:laugh:

Not everyone is naturally gifted at goalscoring challenges... Some are just gifted at demolishing all other competitors in a knockout competition ;)

1 hour ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

25% done and he's only 22?? Looks like you're going to walk it :P

Also, has he gotten any England shouts yet? Can't hurt if he's scoring the odd goal for Southgate.

Bringing out the maths already :O International goals don't count under AI management anymore so you're sure showing signs of rust!

50 minutes ago, Chris Woodward said:

Great career so far....seriously jealous!! 

I've been trying to get a 1kc career going for a few months now and I'm getting nowhere at all!

Maybe its because I'm not tweaking from game to game maybe(not got a clue how that works) !

Playing the game normally....no problem!! 

I can get my main man to score 40 tops but that was a rarity.

Thanks mate. I'd recommend only loading the top tier of a weak league like Scotland or Poland, as then when teams get promoted they hardly have any players! Nice little trick :)

8 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Thanks mate. I'd recommend only loading the top tier of a weak league like Scotland or Poland, as then when teams get promoted they hardly have any players! Nice little trick :)

Lol i will give that a try...

Any tips on this? Screenshot_2017-09-27-17-59-10.thumb.png.6f8850d21b26b1e876db47a34ffce303.png

Screenshot_2017-09-27-17-59-13.thumb.png.cdafba0596d98c157627ba42c6ef0d18.png

I think im close but ive tried so many things and nothing has got it better that this. ?

@Chris Woodward

It's helpful because the teams that come up with no players are useless and you can sometimes easily smash 8 or 9 past them if you have a decent squad.

I play the same formation and my roles for this save have been as followed

G

WB/CD/CD/WB

BWM/BBM

W/AP/W

P

So only three roles different. Only difference between our team instructions are that I use direct passing and have Barnes as the primary attacker.

Not too dissimilar tactic wise so other than that I can't see why it's not going as planned for you. Make sure he doesn't get jaded and don't be afraid to rest him. If you pick a young striker then a goal a game is a great starting point so just keep the faith.

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@Chris Woodward

It's helpful because the teams that come up with no players are useless and you can sometimes easily smash 8 or 9 past them if you have a decent squad.

I play the same formation and my roles for this save have been as followed

G

WB/CD/CD/WB

BWM/BBM

W/AP/W

P

So only three roles different. Only difference between our team instructions are that I use direct passing and have Barnes as the primary attacker.

Not too dissimilar tactic wise so other than that I can't see why it's not going as planned for you. Make sure he doesn't get jaded and don't be afraid to rest him. If you pick a young striker then a goal a game is a great starting point so just keep the faith.

Cheers bud.

Thanks for the advice. ?

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Not everyone is naturally gifted at goalscoring challenges... Some are just gifted at demolishing all other competitors in a knockout competition ;)

It took me one try to win... it took you three times, wouldn't call that gifted:laugh:

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

It took me one try to win... it took you three times, wouldn't call that gifted:laugh:

We are 1-1 atm as you're aware the offer for a third meeting is on the table for FMM18 ;)