Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Harvey Barnes goes for 1K

samhardy

Another solid season, making his way steadily and surely to 1K. Expecting him to break through 80 soon. 

But that Champions League group... :S

Only another 5 seasons until Southgate gets the sack! Hang in there... :D

On 07/10/2017 at 12:28, PriZe said:

At this rate a little bit over 7 seasons left before the 1kc, don't know his age but seems doable! Kiu :)

A nice comment :O Yeah as RR said he's 25. I'd take 7 more seasons at this point. Still holding out for that attribute improvement :/

23 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Very impressive season, Harvey is looking great, hope you can keep the numbers up. KIU

According to the update before Harvey is 25 so 7 is a good number

Cheers hoping to increase the numbers still but steady going at present.

22 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I firmly believe 1k is still well within your reach.

Can you not get the tabloids to dig up some dirt on Southgate. There must be something who knows maybe he doesn't recycle or was once caught doing 32mph in a 30 zone.

Even if he murdered the FA chief executive's wife it probably still wouldn't be enough for him to get the sack...

22 hours ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

Not a baaaaad season. Hardly a good one though :P

Also this Southgate thing is a complete shitshow. I feel like managerial jobs in general are super hard to come by. They just don't get the sack as often.

Agreed. Needs a revamp next year. And surprised you know what a good season is :P

17 hours ago, nauczysz mnie grac said:

I noticed that a change of manager in England was very slow.

Do you think that with the help of the team you will be able to reach the goal?

I don't expect to get the England job tbh so relying all on club goals. Thanks for the comment :)

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Another solid season, making his way steadily and surely to 1K. Expecting him to break through 80 soon. 

But that Champions League group... :S

Only another 5 seasons until Southgate gets the sack! Hang in there... :D

CL groups are like that every year but that one took the piss! Hoping he eventually gets sacked...

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Decent season that Sam! 

Decent but not good. Hoping for bigger numbers soon.

10 hours ago, Taff said:

Yeah I wouldn't hold out for the England Job either going by this

IMG_5860.thumb.PNG.e876c8921c7dbd568e17d020e11ee97e.PNG

Only 2035 and he retires after holding the England job all this time

That's absolutely ridiculous!

Update - Season 8

It's come to the point now where I've started to play it safe seeing as I've never completed this challenge and barring any disasters 60 goals a season will see Harvey stroll over the line. That being said he's playing less games and his fitness is being managed with a lot more focus as we don't want any stupid career threatening injuries.

Legia

BjR6Mgpl.jpg

:O... What an absolutely disastrous season club wise! We reverted to our usual first knockout round CL exit however what stands out is the failure to bag the treble for the 8th season running. Pogon became the first team to beat us in a domestic knockout tournament and over two legs as well. Spoiler contains less images this time because of this.

Spoiler

Just 2 trophies this season

qjibcS6l.jpg

g1ceLMpl.jpg

Squad - appearances

UfZaGSBl.jpg

Squad - assists

mxnLONLl.jpg

Harvey Barnes

So I've informed you of my plan of managing him more carefully but that didn't stop him picking up his first WPOTY, of which I'm aware. 48 games played and as previously stated the aim was 60 goals and it will be every season from now especially with no international management looking possible.

RnnUSISl.jpg

Looks like the attributes are pretty much set now... Not much improvement

iD9i95il.jpg

CkgxPTel.jpg

Reaches the target and to be honest never really looked like getting more. Although he got over 60 it still felt like a poor season. Looks like the game is laughing at my 1K tactics. Think I'm the first person in history to play mind games with FMM in a 1K challenge :P

Games played - 402

Goals scored - 523

Goals remaining - 477

Southgate update - Failed at Euro 2024 by coming 3rd in group not as one of the best runners up. Still in a job. Unbelievable!

Sam: "His fitness is being managed"

Me: *glances at age, sees he's 26"

image.thumb.png.447a0f711cc1ff202deacb45d58723fc.png

What in the world?? Let's take the man at the peak of his powers and manage his fitness?? LET HIM LOOSE I SAY!

Another decent season, he reached your target and I'm sure he'll get you over the line, and I understand managing him if all your 1K dreams are pegged on him

KIU

Losing FA cup was real luck in the teeth but Barnes still got his goal target so not all bad. Hopefully he isn't fully at his peak and he might get to the 70 a season mark but as you say 60 a year should be enough.

Another good season, steadily on track, but... I think you should push him a bit more and get some goals in the bank. He could still pick up a nine month injury even if he's playing less... Either way, great job and keep going! ?

Update - Season 9

Legia

ZSL1wHtl.jpg

Finally we end the curse of the European trophy. Not the one we wanted to win but to finally get one is nice after another crushing group of death. What also stands out however is the super cup defeat. Can't say I care about domestic team results any more in all honesty :P As always, check the spoiler of delight below for some juicy screenshots.

Spoiler

Trophies

cVVutNkl.jpg

WFRxjovl.jpg

dCFiFvDl.jpg

Squad - appearances

tMRe2w8l.jpg

Squad - assists

3LftAgNl.jpg

Menendez still bringing out the big numbers!

Last season I received considerable abuse for starting to play it safe as I know 60 goals a season will be more then enough to get over the line. So you'll be delighted to know this season I took it one step further and took him off the pitch either when he got below 80% or had scored twice :P

AIw0ERFl.jpg

Looks good to me but somehow I can't see this going down well :/

Attributes still show not much improvement. Weird that he hasn't got an international cap under Shitgate despite the fact he's banging in the goals season in season out!

bUfLNzql.jpg

Games played - 459

Goals scored - 588

Goals remaining - 412

Southgate update - No point.

5 minutes ago, Taff said:

I know you won't but don't worry about everyone else you get to the 1K then that's all that matters KIU

Stop encouraging him!

@samhardy Another terribly disappointing season, failure in the CL again, and another season of mediocrity for Harvey Barnes.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Taff said:

I know you won't but don't worry about everyone else you get to the 1K then that's all that matters KIU

You're being nice to the lad that gave you a CC nightmare? :O

@samhardy WTF man, you only peak in H2H's and CC's? Not going to say KIU, cause you need to step it up :P

8 minutes ago, PriZe said:

You're being nice to the lad that gave you a CC nightmare? :O

@samhardy WTF man, you only peak in H2H's and CC's? Not going to say KIU, cause you need to step it up :P

I'm being nice to him incase he takes charge of the next CC, forward planning 

But come on Sam step on the gas a little

19 minutes ago, Taff said:

I'm being nice to him incase he takes charge of the next CC, forward planning 

But come on Sam step on the gas a little

Forward planning would be us hosting it ;)

If I had a single original thought In my head I would love too but, I am next to useless at coming up with challenges and stuff

I think someone like @danovic78 would be ideal as he has a great gift for coming up with challenge ideas

Congrats on finally winning something in Europe! I know that was bothering you haha. I was the same on my TNS save as exiting Europe and basically having the league won can make the end of a season annoying to play. 

Goal wise slow and steady wins the race I suppose :P

57 minutes ago, Taff said:

If I had a single original thought In my head I would love too but, I am next to useless at coming up with challenges and stuff

Think your doing yourself down a bit there mate. A bunny dressed as a knight riding on a fire breathing dragon seems pretty original to me?