Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

10 Vibe challenges you should try

10 Vibe challenges you should try

vibe-logo-2017.thumb.png.d396389a7c9fba91d44d3280200bb43a.png

Here at Vibe we are lucky to be blessed with a huge amount of creativity within our great community. The one area this creativity shines brightest is in the challenges section. It always amazes me the different ways people find to play this game which we all love. I thought I would put together a handy list to help you decide which challenge you want to take on next. I had to limit the list to 10 but I could of done so many more. If you want the full lowdown on each challenge I have included the link to each of the original challenges post that will give you the full rules and a leaderboard of people that have completed the challenge.

The 1KC

Pele was reported to have scored over 1000 goals during his illustrious career but can you emulate the great Brazilian on FMM. On paper this looks a simple challenge with no long list of rules, you just pick a youngster and bang the goals in. A 1000 goals is a huge total and how you go about getting that is the tricky part. Which player will you use, which league and team and just how will you get the tactics right to ensure he gets to that magic mark?

The Maxwell (full) house challenge

When Brazilian left back Maxwell retired in July 2017 it was reported that he was the most decorated footballer ever with 37 winners medals on his mantel piece. In this challenge you need to emulate his achievements with a LB that you sign. The challenge will take you to Holland, Italy, Spain and France and for bonus points you can recreate the bromance between Maxwell and Zlatan by taking a striker with you as well.

The Converted Winger

This is another goal scoring challenge but unlike the 1KC you get to use multiple players over the course of this challenge that can go on for the full 30 seasons of game time if you are good enough. The idea of this challenge is to emulate players like Thierry Henry by taking a winger and making him into a goal scoring hero. In the first season you must use a winger in the squad of your chosen club but they must not have a green rating as a striker. Your target is to then score a minimum of 30 goals playing your chosen winger as a striker. At the end of the season if he has hit the target you must sell or demote him and buy a new winger to continue the challenge if he missed the target then the challenge is over. 

The SAF Challenge

Even non Manchester United fans like myself have to admit Sir Alex Ferguson (SAF) is one of the greatest managers of all time but can you emulate the great man’s career yourself. In the first part of this challenge you take over any Scottish side excluding Celtic and have 4 years to win the same trophies that SAF did in his homeland. This includes 3 league titles, 4 domestic cups, 1 league cup, 1 Europa League and 1 European Super Cup. At the end of your 4th season you must resign and head to England to continue the challenge. After a brief holiday up to the 6th of November (the date SAF took over Manchester United) you must wait until the 19th placed Premier League side sacks their manager and then apply and hopefully the job which with the reputation you have built in Scotland shouldn’t be a problem. Its then time to go for glory as you aim to win everything SAF did at Man Utd but you also have a time limit in which to achieve certain tasks based on how quickly SAF achieved them in real life.

Le Tour de France

This challenge was created in honour of the famous cycle race held every July. Like the race this challenge is split into stages as you prove you’re chosen player is the complete all-rounder just like the winner of the yellow jersey. This challenge will see you take over at a Bundesliga club first to honour the fact the race started in Germany in 2017 at this stage your player needs to get 25 assists. Once you have sped through Germany you head into Northern France with your chosen player and a choice of 10 Ligue 1 clubs to take over and again needing your man to get 25 assists. Its then onto the sunny climate of South France. Here you have a choice of 9 Ligue 1 clubs and again 25 assists are needed from your player. The final stage of Le Tour always take place in Paris and it’s the same for you as you need to get the PSG job and sign your yellow jersey hunting player. This is where your player shows what an all-rounder he is. He will already have a minimum of 75 assists and he now needs to score 250 goals for PSG to finally complete his epic race across France.

Wine World Tour

So you know and love wine but your geography is awful you need a local guide (player from same country as your club) to show you the best grapes(goals) in each vineyard(club) for an added twist each guide can only cost £10 million. This challenge starts in Australia as you attempt to score 100 goals in that league with your chosen local. You can then move onto a choice of France, Italy, Spain or Portugal. In each nation your chosen local guide must collect you 100 grapes before you move onto the next vineyard in one of the above countries. A nice straight forward challenge which with the right management could be completed in only a few seasons and has the added bonus of giving you the chance of managing in Australia if you never have before.

The UK Challenge

This challenge will take you to all 4 countries that make up the United Kingdom. The aim is to break the top division goals in a season by a player record. You start in Northern Ireland as you look to score more than 27 goals with a striker at your chosen team. Once you have accomplished this you can move to Scotland and try to beat Henrik Larsson’s record of 35 goals. Its then onto Wales were the record stands at a hefty 47 goals. Your final destination is England and the Premier League. The record in England is an incredible  60 goals and dates back to 1928 when that feat was achieved by Dixie Dean of Everton. The beauty of this challenge is you don’t have to use the same striker in each country so you will end the challenge with 4 new goal scoring heroes.

Premier League Second Chances

We all know that football was invented by Sky TV back in 1992 with the introduction of the Premier League ;). In the 25 years since that great day there have been 47 teams compete in the Premier League. Your challenge is to make sure that the 27 teams in that list who are no longer Premier League sides get back their at some point in the save. You don’t have to manage all 27 teams in the save you just need to make sure they get Premier League status at some point. This can lead to some very creative management. I have seen people start this challenge at Barcelona and then putting in crazy bids for players from the likes of Oldham and Swindon to ensure those clubs have a financial boost or loaning their top young talent to a championship side to make sure they get that all important promotion.

British Steel Challenge

This challenge has been around for years in the PC FM community and is considered one of the toughest challenges. We now have our own version of this for FMM. The challenge is to win every trophy available in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or Ireland. To add to the challenge you can only use British players to complete the challenge so when you take over a club any non-British player must be sold or demoted. You need to load England as your main nation and then any 3 you choose from Britain. In England alone you have 12 trophies to win and is probably the best place to start as you build a reputation as the most decorated manager in all of Britain.

Hard Mode/Selling Club

If you find FMM to easy this might just be the perfect challenge for you. This challenge must be played in the following leagues England, Spain, Holland, Germany, Italy, France and Portugal. You can load any 4 of these countries you wish and then must win all the trophies available to you so pretty simple right. Well maybe not as you have some restrictions place upon you. Each country has a maximum you can spend on an individual players transfer fee and wage. You can also only sign players aged over 21 so no squad of cheap wonderkids. How about the selling club part? This adds a another level of difficulty as you must accept all transfer offers for your players and any transfer requests from your players.

I hope this article has given you some ideas of the challenges here on Vibe for you to try. I really could have added more to the list and I recommend you take a look at the challenge section of the forum as there are so many more I didn’t have room for and more added all the time.

https://fmmvibe.com/search/?tags=Challenges&type=forums_topic&nodes=135

It would be great to hear what challenges you plan on trying in the near future or have completed yourself. If you do plan to do a challenge why not post it in the career section. You will get lots of encouragement and advice if you need it from fellow Vibe members. 

One final thing. I didn’t invent any of these challenges so I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who takes the time and effort to come up with all the challenges that enhance both Vibe but FMM as well.

Thank you for reading.

The only reason the game keeps me hooked from release date to release date is because we create these sort of challenges.

I hope this article inspires readers to come up with a few of their own so we got more things to look forward to for FMM18.

A top ten of challenges and I'm only responsible for 1/10! Man I'm slipping :P 

Na in all seriousness great work mate and another simple yet creative way to make content :). Hopefully this inspired some people to play then while also inspiring the next bunch of challenges for us to play :) 

Another fantastic article dude, some truly great challenges in there and hopefully 2018 will bring more as well

Who knows might even try to come up with one myself :D

"The How to Suck at FMM" Challenge by Taff

36 minutes ago, Taff said:

Another fantastic article dude, some truly great challenges in there and hopefully 2018 will bring more as well

Who knows might even try to come up with one myself :D

"The How to Suck at FMM" Challenge by Taff

It's called the CC mate ;) 

9 minutes ago, Taff said:

I'm so tempted to give you a warning for that @Ashez, but once you've seen my 1K you'll know what true sucking is

I'm so far behind in careers currently :(. I keep wanting to catch up but the task is so daunting and I dunno where to start lol. Now the CC is out the way I'm going to slowly but surely catch up though! 

In other words I'll mock you at that point too :P 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

In other words I'll mock you at that point too :P

I'm just kicking myself that I can't seem to crack the formula that has others banging 100 a season

But I'll keep going till either my phone is smashed to bits or Buitink leaves

Sorry to @fuddledfoxFM for hijacking your thread, had my moan I'm done now promise

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

Can we add a challeng "Doing a Taff"? There is a nice description in for the challenge in the latest CC! But comes down to set training to none and try and get sacked quicker then @Taff :laugh:

Good luck with that

47 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

@PriZe we could create a challange called "Knocking @Taff off all the leaderboards"...

oh that's right we have been trying...

Reveal hidden contents

index.jpg.0a6a57c4491e0edd42187339b00ee280.jpg

Bring it on @Cockers2505 my place on those leaderboards are the only good thing this years game has given me

That and my DT/GaM one at the beginning of the year

I'm not getting on the 1K leaderboard so no worries there

Just now, fuddledfoxFM said:

The one article I expected no comments and come home to all these:laugh:

No worries mate. So long as your not moaning about my article I don't mind?

Never have to worry about that, steller work as always mate

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

To be honest, being fired and accumulating a total of 0 points in the process is a challenge in itself... @Taff

I miss read the CC instruction's I thought it was like golf and the aim was to get the lowest points, shouldn't start a CC challenge when I'm enjoying my 6th Cider of the evening :P

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

I miss read the CC instruction's I thought it was like golf and the aim was to get the lowest points, shouldn't start a CC challenge when I'm enjoying my 6th Cider of the evening :P

Another one into the mystical @BatiGoal book of excuses!