Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The Vibe Olympics V.2 Final Results

mcandrew003

ŶVibe Olympic Round 1 - Round-Up

Hello and welcome to the eargerly anticipated Vibe Olympic Round 1 Round-Up! The results are in and now we'll find out just who will make it to the next round, and who will bow out early. Without further ado, let's get into it!

Challenge Recap

You were all tasked with taking one of the three provided players and guiding them to the highest average Rating possible. However, with the amount of goals your team scored added to your score in the process, it was no easy feat. There were loads of massive scores, with just a few small ones, and it was interesting to view how players underperformed based on their status here, on Vibe, or overperfomed. Like we say, it's anybody's game really!

Player Selection

IMG_0015.JPG.2af6b45eb2a74378bca0b81c2527a044.JPG

Practically everybody bar @Mr.Manager and @Damilare picked Dos Santos, with his stats and the league he is playing him making him an attractive option. 

IMG_0016.JPG.cd22e95c13c95e037cbc4f68d22b0e86.JPG

Sorry for the difference in size! Zajc attracted just two users in @Mr.Manager and @Damilare, but will their risk reap a great reward?

What You Are Fighting For....

One last thing! Remember, 4th place will drop out of the competition, but that doesn't mean you can just cling onto third or second. There are certain advantages of finishing higher that will help in the next round....

1. Goes through to round 2, and has 10 points added to their Round 2 score. 

2. Goes through to round 2, and has 5 Points added to their Round 2 score

3. Goes through to round 2, and has 2 Points added to their Round 2 score

4. Drops out of competition. 

Round 1 Groups....

So, here it is. These groups determine your fate! Read carefully and I wish you the best....

Group A

1. Real_Random - 74 Points - Australia

2. Mcandrew003 - 72 Points - Hungary

3. PainfullBiscuits - 56 Points - France 

4. FuddledFox - 30 Points - Cuba

A shock indeed! @FuddledFox bows out of the Vibe Olympics despite being one of the few people to stay after Vibe Olympic V.1! @PainfulBiscuits mops up in third after a last gasp entry, mcandrew003 shows early signs of promise (:P) and @Real_Random shows why hes a tournament favourite and takes the gold medal! Well done to everybody though!

Group B

1. Chewkaiwen - 117 Points - Japan

2. Auronjashanica - 106 Points - Canada

3. PriZe - 90 Points - Netherlands

4. Cockers2505  - 25 Points - Great Britain

A huge shock here in Group B as @chewkaiwen signals his intentions by taking gold! What a suprise indeed, but to be fair after strong performances in the first competition, we shouldn't have underestimated him. @auronjashanica takes silver with another fantastic score, leading Dos Santos to huge AVR's. CC veteran @PriZe clings on to third with a highly respectable score, yet nowhere near the other two. Will he bow out early, or grow stronger? @Cockers2505 is unfortunately eliminated, but surprisingly too as he was a favourite. 

Group C

1. Kun Aguero - 24 Points

2. Risheek - DNF - Brazil

3. Krenzar - DNF - USA

4. Laurie_King - DNF - Russia

Massively dissapointing as three out of four competitors don't enter. However, joy for @Kun Aguero as, despite a low score, he goes through to Round 2!

Group D

1. Taff (C) - 90 Points - New Zealand

2. Lee3105 - 50 Points - Jamaica 

3. Salohcin - 46 Points - China

4. Harish - DNF - Italy

Not many surprised in Group D as champion @Taff storms to the gold medal, whilst newcomer @Lee3105 takes silver with a very encouraging performance, coming ahead of a regular Vibe member in @salohcin, who still submits a very good score compared to some we've seen. A strong group and relatively tight!

Group E

1. Damilare - 88 Points - Nigeria

2. AzmiG26 - 86 - Spain

3. Mr.Manager - 70 Points - Germany

4. Tlund1991 - DNF - Croatia

Perhaps another shock? Regular career poster @Mr.Manager just about goes through! Challenge Cup suprise package @Damilare storms to the Gold medal, with an incredibly strong showing with Zajc, and @AzmiG26 lead Dos Santos to a good showing over in Spain to claim a Silver medal. The fourth competitor, @Tlund1991, failed to submit. 

So, an incredibly tight first round and, except for all the people who didn't enter, a strong showing! How do you think you did? Have your expectations about yourself or others changed?

Wow I wasn't even close to going through in my group?? that's the luck of the draw! Never expected to progress with that score but at least I didn't have worst score or DNF. 

Good luck to everyone in the next round. This is going to be an epic fight to see who becomes champions and I don't think I can call a winner at the moment. I will still be following closely.

Wow some huge scores there! What did those group B boys do?! Great stuff.

Not at all surprised that I barely scraped through, it was a tough group. Still, bring on round 2!

Some good scores in. First round is indeed like "Holland" said a warm-up. Now that the intro is over it's time to seperate the men from the boys.

Netherlands @PriZe for the win :trophy:

Round 2 Groups

Hello and welcome, to the Round 2 groups draw! This will be quick and snappy so that you get the jist and we can move on. After losing 7 participants through elimination and a no show in the first round, we find ourself s looking at the 13 potential winners of the Vibe Olympics! With the groups being redrawn and tighter, it's now or never to show what you can do! Anywho, here it is!

Due to the amount of people we lost in round one, we have had to include a group of 4 into this round. That's fine though, just means 2 people will be eliminated from that group!

The structure will be....

Player name - nation - last round position

Group A

1. Kun Aguero - South Korea - 1st Group C

2. Salohcin - China - 3rd Group D

3. Taff (C) - New Zealand - 1st Group D

Group B

1. Auronjashanica - Canada - 2nd Group B

2. Chewkaiwen - Japan - 1st Group B

3. Mcandrew003 - Hungary - 2nd Group A

Group C

1. Damilare - Nigeria - 1st Group E

2. PriZe - Netherlands - 3rd Group B

3. AzmiG26 - Spain - 2nd Group E

Group D

1. Lee3105 - Jamaica - 2nd Group D

2. Real_Random - Australia - 1st Group A

3. PainfulBiscuits - France - 3rd Group A

4. Mr.Manager - Germany - 3rd Group E

So, are you confident? Will you struggle? Let me and other know below!

9 hours ago, salohcin said:

The grp doesn't look like it's in my favour. Having the tops of grp C and D (and defending champ) will only make this more challenging

You do realize I top group C having the lowest points:unamused:

6 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Everytime you say that it takes another 24 hours:laugh:

Shush you :P

5 minutes ago, AzmiG26 said:

Good, expecting a challenging challenge(?)

We'll see :P

Challenge Two - Skiing

Hi and welcome to challenge two of the Vibe Olympics! This challenge, as simple as it may appear, is a completely new concept brought into the Olympics and we hope it will make it as massively thrilling as we think it may! 

Skiing

You, the competitior, are to pick one of the following three players to pick as your 'skiier' for this event. The competitors must be Well-Positioned, Streamlined &a Accurate as they look to clear the course as quickly and skilfully as possible. 

Florin Andone - Coruna - Liga BBVA

Raul Rusescu - Osmanlispor - Turkish Super League

Raul Jimenez - Benfica - Portuguese Premier League

Here is the twist, the challenge is still 16 games long, however your objective is to hit the target as quickly as you possibly can! Below, you can see the target and points for it. 

Target - 15 Goals

Achieved After:

5 Games: 160 Points

6 Games: 150 Points

7 Games: 140 Points

8 Games: 130 Points

9 Games: 120 Points

10 Games: 110 Points

11 Games: 100 Points

12 Games: 90 Points

13 Games: 80 Points

14 Games: 70 Points

15 Games: 60 Points

16 Games: 50 Points

The quicker you achieve it, the more points you get! To differ scores, the amount he scores after 16 games will be added aswell. Here is a basic challenge summary.

Score 15 goals as quickly as you can with the one striker, and screenshot the exact gameweek he achieves this. Then, play the full 16 games and show your full score, which will be added to your race score.

Rules:

Pick from any of the listed players above to use in your attempt at the challenge. 

PM me your final results

All rules from before

16 LEAGUE GAMES

NO transfers

Are you confident? Worried? Confused? Let us know what you think of our second winter event, and thanks for all signing up! 

Please PM ME your results, which are to be in by....

Monday 9th October  - 18.00 UK Time