Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Gareth Southgate

samhardy

Has anyone actually seen him be sacked or leave his job as England manager in any way? I've played a few long term saves this year and can't remember seeing him get the axe despite numerous group stage exits and embarrassing performances at major tournaments.

I ask this as it could be pretty important in the 1KC I'm currently attempting, quite far in now and no sign of him getting the sack.

@Alari @Jack Joyce @Marc Duffy

Is it possible? If so why does it pretty much never happen?

I've seen him sacked once, and I believe that was with England not qualifying for a tournament. But other than that, no matter how hard he tries to lose his job the FA just won't have it. We even lost to Iceland in the Quarters on one of my saves and they wouldn't put him out of his misery.

I've seen him sacked twice, one in my regular save and one in my player simulation.

I never got the job too when I'm already guiding Cameroon to win the Conf.Cup and World Cup 3rd place.

So... itn is defo weird... 

this is the coach before the most important match of quali...

gkfKJHB.png

one final shot at qualifying, the need to win.

Then they lose against portugal end this is quali result

f4RZnOE.png

you would think... bye bye Janne...

s8g2ZbQ.png

wait... WHAT? His job is stable :(  i can defo forget getting ITN and reaching 2kc :(

6 hours ago, PriZe said:

So... itn is defo weird... 

this is the coach before the most important match of quali...

gkfKJHB.png

one final shot at qualifying, the need to win.

Then they lose against portugal end this is quali result

f4RZnOE.png

you would think... bye bye Janne...

s8g2ZbQ.png

wait... WHAT? His job is stable :(  i can defo forget getting ITN and reaching 2kc :(

I could've told you that before you started :P

I haven't seen many INT managers get the sack to be honest 

apart from the obvious African teams, most European teams seem to take forever

But this is why I wanted like an alert you can set for particular jobs, because the one time the Dutch manager got sacked, and I missed it and they hired someone else who is still in the job 9 years later with no major silverware to his name

Southgate does seem to be bullet proof, but in my original Armstrong 1KC he got sacked after season 12:

armstrong-season13-02.png

And I got the job! But I sat through 12 years of massive underachievement from Southgate before he finally got sacked. Generally couldn't get them out of the group stages at major tournaments, but only ever got Insecure. Doesn't seem too realistic.

Something else I've noticed in ITN management across multiple saves: When a manager has a bad tournament and is Very Insecure but ISN'T sacked, then he stays Very Insecure until the team loses a game. If they win or draw, then he stays Very Insecure, but once they lose a game, he can finally relax... Seems ... back to front...

In my save he is still in charge in 2023 and has had success, winning the 2018 World Cup, 2nd in the 2019 International League and 2nd in the 2021 Confederations Cup.

I want to put him out of a job by winning my group in the Euro 2024 Qualifiers as Ireland manager, so I can apply for the job when he goes