Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat What would keep the game more interesting long term?

SaintPaul

For me, I'd like to see a tougher transfer system 

As you know, buying well brings success fairly easily, and climbing the leagues isn't too challenging 

I know that some players make it known immediately that they don't want to move to a smaller club, but normally, if you can afford the transfer fee, and wages they'll join 

Again, as you know, in real life, a lot of teams spend over a decade in lower divisions, Oldham in England's third tier is the perfect example 

I'd like a career in which it's almost impossible to achieve promotion, so that when /if it does happen, it's something to enjoy, rather than just buying good young players, and watching results improve with minimal effort 

Sometimes I have to deliberately pass up the opportunity to sign specific players, just to keep the save slightly challenging, and I'm not just pressing 'continue' mindlessly after another routine 3-0 win  5/6 seasons into a career 

The game can become irritatingly easy. In real life most managers find their level, but in FMM it's seemingly impossible to do anything other than go all the way. When I watch FM PC youtubers results seem realistic and improvement is gradual and in some cases doesn't occur, in my case on FMM though it never goes tits up, which doesn't represent real life. There should be more instances of things just not working out in game.

Well it's best in my opinion to set some House Rules in a career to keep the interest going. Don't just buy every wonderkid you can, don't start at huge clubs as their Budget/facilities/talent make it way too easy to breeze thru competitions. Set limits on number of players you could buy or a max value for a player you can't go over even if your board gives you enough money. Really Scout the world and try different databases to sign different players and train them up or have them switch positions.. Basically use challenges section to get ideas for own rules..

As for the game improvements I was thinking having a difficulty level might help for saves (easy, medium, hard) . When you have it on hard you start out unemployed with top clubs off limits til you hit certain goals or playing years .. 

12 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

As for the game improvements I was thinking having a difficulty level might help for saves (easy, medium, hard) . When you have it on hard you start out unemployed with top clubs off limits til you hit certain goals or playing years .. 

I'd like to see different levels of difficulty, it'd be a big bonus, especially when the shine of updated squads wears off 

As I said in my post, I already avoid signing certain players, just to try to make winning games more of a challenge, but to be honest, we shouldn't have to be limiting ourselves to try to get more out of the game, if it was free, fair enough, but I just feel that there should be a bit more to the game other than finding set tactics and pressing 'continue'