Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Has anyone seen wage demands this high?

Actually, that's pretty common. The max wage you can get is £350K p/w (or actually £325K in many cases).

When a player asks you for that, it means they don't want to come to your club, but they will if you give them the max wage. If you are at a big club, they might come for 50K p/w or whatever their normal demand would be, but if you are too small for them, they will still often come, but they will make you pay top dollar...

I had a mega rich Conference North team one time and I was signing Donnarumma and all sorts of mega stars. There were a few who just wouldn't come, but most had their price - and that price was £350K. ?

Wage demands could do with an update tho. I mean, I really like having balanced squads in terms of wages. Top players and perhaps even mercurial talents being on the higher scale and the rest under that. A handful seasons in it all goes haywire. Decent squad additions start asking what my most loyal and proven men are earning and good additions but still not as good as my top players ask double that. Kinda ridiculous to end up with a squad where my longterm servants / starters are on the lower wages scale. :S

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Wage demands could do with an update tho. I mean, I really like having balanced squads in terms of wages. Top players and perhaps even mercurial talents being on the higher scale and the rest under that. A handful seasons in it all goes haywire. Decent squad additions start asking what my most loyal and proven men are earning and good additions but still not as good as my top players ask double that. Kinda ridiculous to end up with a squad where my longterm servants / starters are on the lower wages scale. :S

Yeah totally agree it needs to be overhauled. Players should say No more often (what I was doing in the 6th tier of English football was totally unrealistic). And you're right the balance after some time is totally wrong with great club players on a pittance compared with the newcomers...

Fingers crossed for some changes in FMM 2018! (not getting my hopes up though)

5 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Actually, that's pretty common. The max wage you can get is £350K p/w (or actually £325K in many cases).

When a player asks you for that, it means they don't want to come to your club, but they will if you give them the max wage. If you are at a big club, they might come for 50K p/w or whatever their normal demand would be, but if you are too small for them, they will still often come, but they will make you pay top dollar...

I had a mega rich Conference North team one time and I was signing Donnarumma and all sorts of mega stars. There were a few who just wouldn't come, but most had their price - and that price was £350K. ?

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Yeah totally agree it needs to be overhauled. Players should say No more often (what I was doing in the 6th tier of English football was totally unrealistic). And you're right the balance after some time is totally wrong with great club players on a pittance compared with the newcomers...

Fingers crossed for some changes in FMM 2018! (not getting my hopes up though)

Yeah...Agreed mate, I always play at least one game I call 'The Ultimate Cheat' where I start in Conference North, to see how far I can push the game and try to learn something from it. As you did, making unrealistic signings, I have had Neymar, Bale, Messi, Ronaldo, ter Stegen and Alaba all at Darlington paying them around £2 million a week between them while only getting gates of around 1,000.

One thing I would like to specifically in the next game is higher transfer fees, I have on many occasions lost out on a player to an AI team because I cant go above £150m where it seems the AI can, as we have seen with Neymar recently, fees are reaching up to £200m and wages are rapidly rising as well, some will be paying half a milion and more now.

56 minutes ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

Yeah...Agreed mate, I always play at least one game I call 'The Ultimate Cheat' where I start in Conference North, to see how far I can push the game and try to learn something from it. As you did, making unrealistic signings, I have had Neymar, Bale, Messi, Ronaldo, ter Stegen and Alaba all at Darlington paying them around £2 million a week between them while only getting gates of around 1,000.

One thing I would like to specifically in the next game is higher transfer fees, I have on many occasions lost out on a player to an AI team because I cant go above £150m where it seems the AI can, as we have seen with Neymar recently, fees are reaching up to £200m and wages are rapidly rising as well, some will be paying half a milion and more now.

Yeah, the whole thing needs an overhaul. They've pretty much left it along for a long time, but surely they need to at least adjust the max values now given real world events... Though I'm hoping for a proper overhaul...

On 10/3/2017 at 13:38, BatiGoal said:

I agree with that. But there are also real life cases that players wanting ridiculous amount of wages (e.g. read Manchester City players)