Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Converted Winger Challenge - FMM18

The Converted Winger Challenge

Credit to @Ashez for this great little challenge.Vibe loves a goal challenge and this is shown with how popular the The Atletico Madrid Challenge has been in recent years, since posting that I've been trying to find another idea which is different yet similar and today I bring to you this. 

The Challenge

In the last decade or so we have seen clubs like Arsenal have been signing wide players with the goal of them becoming strikers, sometimes this works with players like Henry and Walcott tearing the league apart but other times it fails, the obvious example being Gervinho, this brings me onto the challenge.

The goal of the challenge is to bring in a wide player and convert him to a striker, in the players new found role he must score 30 goals in a season.
If you manage to hit the 30 goal target you sell/demote the striker and try to replace him, basically the same as the The Atletico Madrid Challenge, however if you fail to hit the target the challenge is over. 

The Rules

• You can retrain a player but at the time of signing the player can not be any shade of green in the striker position.
  • The striker must have been brought in that window (no stock pilling players etc)
  • Just like the AMC you can be as creative as you like with the goal target but it can not be lowered.
  • Own formations only
  • No unlockables, edited databases, or use of any of the editors
  • You must start with a wide player at the club already, for example at Arsenal you could use Ozil.
  • Evidence is required, I'd suggest posting a career thread for us to follow.
  • Have fun!
  • You can play as any team within any league you like.

Leaderboard
@Foxy, @Woody, @Rob2017 - 12 seasons - Career
Just now, FuddledFox said:

Wow you have been busy:) great work. Hopefully I can get myself on at least one leaderboard for FMM18

Was just speaking with @Stamand I'm going post the main challenges and then create a full index page so people don't have to scroll through all the pages to find the challenges they might like.

11 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Was just speaking with @Stamand I'm going post the main challenges and then create a full index page so people don't have to scroll through all the pages to find the challenges they might like.

That will be great and really appreciated by everyone I'm sure.

58 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Is the word leaderboard in the OP not big enough? :S

Hmm, since it is blank there is no leader, so it is just a board.

I shall rephrase the question...has no one registered a score on this challenge yet?

6 minutes ago, Mulambo said:

Hmm, since it is blank there is no leader, so it is just a board.

I shall rephrase the question...has no one registered a score on this challenge yet?

Not yet. The top spot is up for grabs.

On 04/10/2017 at 00:26, danovic78 said:
The Converted Winger Challenge

Credit to @Ashez for this great little challenge.Vibe loves a goal challenge and this is shown with how popular the The Atletico Madrid Challenge has been in recent years, since posting that I've been trying to find another idea which is different yet similar and today I bring to you this. 

The Challenge

In the last decade or so we have seen clubs like Arsenal have been signing wide players with the goal of them becoming strikers, sometimes this works with players like Henry and Walcott tearing the league apart but other times it fails, the obvious example being Gervinho, this brings me onto the challenge.

The goal of the challenge is to bring in a wide player and convert him to a striker, in the players new found role he must score 30 goals in a season.
If you manage to hit the 30 goal target you sell/demote the striker and try to replace him, basically the same as the The Atletico Madrid Challenge, however if you fail to hit the target the challenge is over. 

The Rules

• You can retrain a player but at the time of signing the player can not be any shade of green in the striker position.
  • The striker must have been brought in that window (no stock pilling players etc)
  • Just like the AMC you can be as creative as you like with the goal target but it can not be lowered.
  • Own formations only
  • No unlockables, edited databases, or use of any of the editors
  • You must start with a wide player at the club already, for example at Arsenal you could use Ozil.
  • Evidence is required, I'd suggest posting a career thread for us to follow.
  • Have fun!
  • You can play as any team within any league you like.

Leaderboard

how does the point system work

25 minutes ago, BenDTner said:

hmm seems like a long challenge might put it off till fmm 19

Up to you how many seasons you want to do. @Rob2017 @Woody and myself are tackling this challenge at the moment with us taking it in turns to play a season. We have set ourselves a target of 1000 total goals from our converted wingers which has given us a nice goal to aim for without needing to play the a full 30 seasons.