Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Sell Them Slowly - FMM18

Sell Them Slowly

i3pLZLK.png

Firstly let me warn the reader that this challenge is a little bit difficult to explain so hold on to your hats as I attempt to go through this as simply as possible.

Objective

The main objective of this challenge will be to win six consecutive league titles with one team

The Concept, The Catch and How This Will Go Down

1) Pick one of the big teams in any league. Only the highest division from each country is allowed though.

2) Pick your starting XI for that team. This will not "change" over the course of the career.

As aforementioned, the challenge will last 6 seasons or 12 transfer windows. In each transfer window, apart from the first, you must sell one of the players in your starting XI. The catch is that in each window you can only make one new signing. Not only that, but the signing must be to directly replace the player you just sold. In other words you will be buying a player to replace the mainstay of the starting XI you just got rid of.

But wait, there's more! The player you sign can only be worth up to 10% of the transfer fee you received for the player you sold. The career progresses as such until you fail to win the league or if you have successfully won it 6 times. The novelty of the challenge lies in how you choose to buy players as well as searching for hidden gems who will be able to fit into your system for a bargain price. Will you choose to invest in youth early on in hopes that they will become world beaters later yet at the same time risk being knocked out early with an underdeveloped team? Or will you try another strategy?

To make it more interesting, one could allow the members of Vibe to decided which player of the Starting XI is sold in which transfer window through a career poll

For Example

Let's say I pick United. Next, I have to choose my mainstay starting XI. Let's say I opt for this:

De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Shaw, Pogba, Matic, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Martial & Lukaku

Transfer Window 1: No incoming transfers whatsoever.

Transfer Window 2: I set up a poll in my career thread and everyone wants me to get rid of Mata. I am able to sell Mata to Real Madrid for 50 Million. Now I have a maximum of 5 Million Euros to go out and buy a replacement. Let's say I'm able to pick up Steven Davis for that amount.

Transfer Window 3: I set up another poll but this time there are only 10 players on it as Mata has already been sold. Let's say Vibe wants me to offload Bailly. But disaster strikes. Nobody will take him off my hands for any price, so I have to release/demote him :O In this case I have no choice but to follow the rules and sign a player for a maximum of 10% of 0 or in other words, a free transfer. Now do you guys get a feel for why this is so tough? I manage to pick up some random player on a free transfer. 

Transfer Window 4: Assume I won the league in the first season and my team at this point looks like:

De Gea, Valencia, Random Player, Jones, Shaw, Pogba, Matic, Davis, Mkhitaryan, Martial & Lukaku

Remember that these players must be the mainstays of your team. Anyways, let's say Vibe wants to axe Pogba. I manage to get rid of him for 70 Million. Now I need to find a suitable replacement for a ridiculous 7 Million Euros! 

Anyways, that's the gist of the challenge and one simply rinses and repeats until they either fail to win the title or have won it 6 times.

Rules

1) No Unlockables/Cheats

2) No use of Changes.txt

3) Screenshots needed as evidence. Preferably a career posted

4) One must use the mainstay of the team unless they are injured, recovering from an injury or have are below 80%

5) One can only make 1 transfer in each window. That transfer is reserved for the replacement player you are buying

6) No Regens can be bought

Leaderboards

The more seasons surpassed, the higher you will be on the leaderboard

Comments, Ideas etc. Would be class :)

Hi @MerlionMaple96 why no regens, if say example Transfer 3 comes in place, you have to buy a Freebie, are you not able to buy an up and coming youngster that maybe a regen? He wouldn't be a world beater at that stage, but come season 4-6 he could be the one that transforms the team? 

4 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hi @MerlionMaple96 why no regens, if say example Transfer 3 comes in place, you have to buy a Freebie, are you not able to buy an up and coming youngster that maybe a regen? He wouldn't be a world beater at that stage, but come season 4-6 he could be the one that transforms the team? 

This challenge was designed for two reasons.

1. To actually be difficult to complete. Imo regens make the game way too easy as you can get incredibly strong ones for incredibly cheap.

2. To force the player to find hidden gems that can get the job done at the very top of the game for a fraction of the cost of your current team.

So that's basically why no regens. I love real players too much haha.

On 10/7/2017 at 08:46, MerlionMaple96 said:

So that's basically why no regens.

The regen system has been changed since 2015.  Regens are no longer always pre-generated at player creation and can "take over" a player after he's been created later on in his career, even into his 20s supposedly.  So that requirement may be a bit difficult to comply with...

39 minutes ago, veerus said:

The regen system has been changed since 2015.  Regens are no longer always pre-generated at player creation and can "take over" a player after he's been created later on in his career, even into his 20s supposedly.  So that requirement may be a bit difficult to comply with...

So, does this means both Regens and Evogens exist in FMM?

Why? Isn't it better to remove one?

Because like in FMPC, Regen no longer exist, they replaced with Evogens (a totally new player)

3 hours ago, AzmiG26 said:

Why? Isn't it better to remove one?

They did.  I think we're talking about the same thing here.  I think, technically, regens are one player retires at year-end and at the same time a ~16yo is created in his template to replace that player.  Evogen is a player retiring at year-end but his template doesn't necessarily go to a newly created 16yo and could go to an existing 17-23ish year old.  FMM has replaced regens with evogens in last(?) year's version.  At least that's my understanding of the current system.