Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The 80's Milan Go Dutch Challenge - FMM18

The 80's Milan Go Dutch Challenge

The early eighties had not been good for Milan, as they had been struggling to overcome a couple of seasons in Serie B, having been relegated due to a matchfixing scandal in 1980, and falling back again in ‘82-‘83. Enter an entrepreneur called Silvio Berlusconi, who purchased the club in 1986 and immediately invested heavily in it. In addition to hiring now legendary coach Arrigo Sacchi, he bought world class players with the intention of becoming the most successful club in the world.

essyyv.jpg

One investment was Dutch player Marco van Basten. He would become known as one of the most brilliant and beloved players ever to wear the Rossoneri jersey. He was a lethal finisher with both feet, incredibly agile, and also good with his head. His individual accomplishments speak for themselves: He won European Player of the Year three times, in ’88, ’89, and ’92. 

That same season, Ruud Gullit, a fellow countryman who is known as much for his massive hair as his footballing skills, arrived at Milan. He was a strong, physical player who embodied “Total Football,” a concept where players can play at any position and do so interchangeably within a match. His power and strength gave Milan a top player that would strike fear into any opponent. 

One year later, in 1988, the third prong of the Dutch trident came along in the form of Frank Rijkaard, a childhood friend of Ruud Gullit. Coach Sacchi took the defender and transformed him into a defensive midfielder, and he dominated the pitch both verbally and physically with his aggressive playing style. Feared by opponents, but loved by coaches (except for the temper,) he redefined the defensive midfield position. And together with his compatriots he went on a winning spree that put AC Milan on the map as one of the greatest clubs in the world.

Challenge Rules

1. Load up Italy and any other countries and take charge of AC Milan.

2. You must sign 3 Dutch players that will remain at the club throughout the challenge, one must a be striker.

2. You have Six Seasons in which to replicate the trophies won with the three.

3. You must win 3 League Titles, 3 Suppacoppa's, 2 Champions League's and 2 European Super Cups.

4. Your Dutch striker must score at least 90 League Goals in the six seasons.

5. Own formations only

6. No unlockables, edited databases, or use of any of the editors

7. Evidence is required, I'd suggest posting a career thread for us to follow.

8. No cheating - Restarting to avoid injuries counts as cheating!!

Leaderboard

@NucleusNT - Fosu-Mensah/Van de Beek/Sierhuis - Career

Edited by danovic78

This challenge has been on my radar for a while and could be the next one to be taken on. Two questions tho.. 

1. Are regens allowed? 
  2. Must we start in 2017-18 season? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

This challenge has been on my radar for a while and could be the next one to be taken on. Two questions tho.. 

1. Are regens allowed? 
  2. Must we start in 2017-18 season? 

Thanks. 

I guess it would be ok, I would have to have a separate leaderboard I think.

Originals are the best of course! ;)

I think you're right. Also, come to think of it, starting with a perfect squad a decade in could be seen as an unfair advantage. 

Thanks mate. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I think you're right. Also, come to think of it, starting with a perfect squad a decade in could be seen as an unfair advantage. 

Thanks mate. 

I know you wanted to use young Sven Batigoal! :laugh: