Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries: Facundo Colidio 1KC [Season 24] - FINISHED

Scratch

Ah man, I read the final update this morning but didn't know what to say! I can't believe after such an epic journey you came so close... So unlucky to have it whipped away from you like that.

That said, good to see you that you're putting a positive spin on it - you're finally free!

Enjoy FMM18. You can probably manage one play through before FMM19 comes out...! 

On 17/04/2018 at 05:29, Mr.Manager said:

Ah man, I read the final update this morning but didn't know what to say! I can't believe after such an epic journey you came so close... So unlucky to have it whipped away from you like that.

That said, good to see you that you're putting a positive spin on it - you're finally free!

Enjoy FMM18. You can probably manage one play through before FMM19 comes out...! 

Thanks mate! It's one of those things that FMM does from time to time. I've had my share of scraping across the line, I guess I need to cop a few cases of falling short! :D

Yeah, I'm sure to get over and start an FMM18 career soon, got that itchy feeling, but right now I'm really enjoying the freedom and I'm playing Motorsport Manager 2 (which I bought 3 or 4 months ago and never played because of this career!).

5 hours ago, PriZe said:

@scratch99 OH MY SWEET BABY JESUS i was away for a bit and finally caught up. Gutted for you mate :( but what an amazing career and what a dedication🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Haha, thanks mate. To be honest, although I'm glad I pushed it as far as I could, this career burnt me out. I haven't played much (or been around the forums) since finishing it.

I have got an Oxford United career going, but only a few months in and only play it rarely. Will be back at some point, but still need a bit more of a break right now. 

Spent a drunken night reading through this from when i last did...which was season 19....im so naughty for not keeping up i am so sorry. 😉

Was a little to tipsy to respond last night so made it my mission to do so this morning.

I have to say i have never read a more epic, a more endured career. I am truly gutted for mate. 

Collidio has joined that long list of FMM Legends and well deserved too. 👍

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Spent a drunken night reading through this from when i last did...which was season 19....im so naughty for not keeping up i am so sorry. 😉

Was a little to tipsy to respond last night so made it my mission to do so this morning.

I have to say i have never read a more epic, a more endured career. I am truly gutted for mate. 

Collidio has joined that long list of FMM Legends and well deserved too. 👍

LoL, no worries - thanks for reading! It was a pretty long career and I didn't really think he's make 1.5K until right near the end, so FMM was a bit harsh toying with my emotions like that. Still, if I'm honest, it was also a relief to be able to stop (it really dragged near the end).

We''ll have to see how Colidio turns out both in real life and in the game as his career progresses, but he certainly was pretty good in FMM 2017. 😄

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

LoL, no worries - thanks for reading! It was a pretty long career and I didn't really think he's make 1.5K until right near the end, so FMM was a bit harsh toying with my emotions like that. Still, if I'm honest, it was also a relief to be able to stop (it really dragged near the end).

We''ll have to see how Colidio turns out both in real life and in the game as his career progresses, but he certainly was pretty good in FMM 2017. 😄

I think he has a bright future mate.

Question is will you use him in 18? He seems better in this years game.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

I think he has a bright future mate.

Question is will you use him in 18? He seems better in this years game.

Dunno if I'll use him in 18. I don't think I'm up for a 1KC at the moment! Maybe in 19. For now I'll just potter along with my Oxford United career.

Mind you Jai Quitongo has 16 goals in 16 games for Oxford and I have found myself wondering whether I should turn it into a 1KC! But I'll probably resist that urge. 

As for Colidio, I'll probably use him again at some point. Quite a nice striker! 

10 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Dunno if I'll use him in 18. I don't think I'm up for a 1KC at the moment! Maybe in 19. For now I'll just potter along with my Oxford United career.

Mind you Jai Quitongo has 16 goals in 16 games for Oxford and I have found myself wondering whether I should turn it into a 1KC! But I'll probably resist that urge. 

As for Colidio, I'll probably use him again at some point. Quite a nice striker! 

Quitongo is a decent player...used him a whilr back in a Rangers save and he does score fairly regularly.

I"m sure that bug will bite mate...i'm considering taking the dust sheets off Taiwo Awoniyi again! 😕

Awesome stuff, S99. You've created another FMM legend. It was a long but very entertaining journey. Big congrats!! Hope we don't have to wait too long for your next adventure in the 18 forum 😉 

On 21/06/2018 at 22:59, Woody said:

Quitongo is a decent player...used him a whilr back in a Rangers save and he does score fairly regularly.

I"m sure that bug will bite mate...i'm considering taking the dust sheets off Taiwo Awoniyi again! 😕

Hehe, I think you just gave me the bug! Since you've commented I been thinking about possible 1KCs and trying out whether I can sign particular players etc... Thanks (I think)... 🙂

added 0 minutes later
On 22/06/2018 at 09:43, BatiGoal said:

Awesome stuff, S99. You've created another FMM legend. It was a long but very entertaining journey. Big congrats!! Hope we don't have to wait too long for your next adventure in the 18 forum 😉 

Thanks BG! It was mostly enjoyable, but altogether too long and really dragged at certain points. Still glad to have done it.

So... @Woody and @BatiGoal (or anyone else) here are the options I'm thinking about. Still not sure I'll do any, but any feedback on those choices?

• Pinamonti at Newcastle - I feel like I owe Pinamonti one after bailing on the PinaColada double 1KC and he looks good in 18 (more pace than in 17). Can't afford him (£30M+) at Celtic which is my preferred 1KC club, but can afford him at Newcastle which is harder for a 1KC, but it's my club.
  • PinaColada at Inter - Speaking of PinaColada, I just realised both Pinamonti and Colidio are at Inter (I guess they got the idea from my PinaColada career), so I could ressurect the double 1KC! Maybe it's meant to be. Though I have to say I don't really fancy this one at the moment. Not big on Italy, maybe overcomplicated.
  • Juan Hernandez at ... somewhere, maybe Newcastle? - I did 4 seasons with him at Feyenord before abandoning that 1KC, so I owe him too.
  • A Homegrown 1KC - Jack Aitchison at Celtic - a promising youth player in the Reserves. Unlikely to be anywhere near as good as anyone else on this list, but sort of like the idea.
  • Rodrygo at Celtic - in the price range and looks promising, although starts as inside forward. Probably the best chance of success (probably a higher quality player in the price range for Celtic where you can clean up).

Any thoughts?

Edited by scratch99

My cents, I've seen enough of Celtic tbh 😋 would love to see one at Newcastle or another smaller club/league. 

Or another suggestion, try 800 goals around the world. Basically you can turn that into a 1KC with 4 different clubs in 4 different leagues. Challenging for manager and interesting for readers. 

In any case, see you in 18 👍 

18 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

My cents, I've seen enough of Celtic tbh 😋 would love to see one at Newcastle or another smaller club/league. 

Or another suggestion, try 800 goals around the world. Basically you can turn that into a 1KC with 4 different clubs in 4 different leagues. Challenging for manager and interesting for readers. 

In any case, see you in 18 👍 

The more I think about it, the more I think it might be Pinamonti's chance and it's time for Newcastle to win the Champions League a dozen times or so. I might start playing around with it for a bit and see how it goes. 🙂

Thanks for the advice!

Or maybe I will try a 1KC at Sunderland, slowly taking them down through the league, while my striker gets more and more powerful. Let him score his 5 goals and then put the winger in goal and move the others players to the wings leaving the centre wide open... Hmm, appealing...

:P @samhardy

1 minute ago, scratch99 said:

Or maybe I will try a 1KC at Sunderland, slowly taking them down through the league, while my striker gets more and more powerful. Let him score his 5 goals and then put the winger in goal and move the others players to the wings leaving the centre wide open... Hmm, appealing...

:P @samhardy

So it's been you in charge the last two seasons? 😮

Just now, samhardy said:

So it's been you in charge the last two seasons? 😮

LoL, maybe that's what's going on there... Now I'm feeling sorry for you. That can't be right, can it?

Sorry for late reply Scratch....i think Newcastle is the one with Pinamonti.

I wish you good luck though in which ever you choose. 

I do like @BatiGoal 's idea....taking him on tour.

I like the tour idea too. Would be great to follow and also helps if the player wants to join a bigger club - you could take him with you.

I like the homegrown idea 😁 but then I like all of them too! Can’t wait to see what you’ve got up your sleeve on 18!

14 hours ago, Woody said:

Sorry for late reply Scratch....i think Newcastle is the one with Pinamonti.

I wish you good luck though in which ever you choose. 

I do like @BatiGoal 's idea....taking him on tour.

Thanks! I went with Pinamonti and Newcastle. Scored on debut! Newcastle was pretty mediocre unfortunately, so I've sold more than half the squad and replaced them with cheap but promising South Americans! We'll see how this works out...

Not overly fond of taking him on tour. Too hard for my first crack at 18! :D

14 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

I like the tour idea too. Would be great to follow and also helps if the player wants to join a bigger club - you could take him with you.

I hear you, but I've never had problems with players wanting to join bigger clubs - well not for long. Once you start winning the Champions League every year, you become the biggest club in the world! 😄 

I might be overconfident, but it worked at Celtic, so I'm thinking it will work at Newcastle too...

9 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I like the homegrown idea 😁 but then I like all of them too! Can’t wait to see what you’ve got up your sleeve on 18!

Yeah, that was the other one I seriously considered. I like the idea of it. But I was a bit more excited by Pinamonti and I have played Celtic too much and I haven't had a good long Newcastle career for quite a while, so it won in the end.

I've gone from not bothered about playing FMM to all-in full-on excited in a day or so! Of course I did this just before needing to take a week and half away from it (school holidays here) so 🤞 this lasts through that! 

58 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Yeah, that was the other one I seriously considered. I like the idea of it. But I was a bit more excited by Pinamonti and I have played Celtic too much and I haven't had a good long Newcastle career for quite a while, so it won in the end.

I've gone from not bothered about playing FMM to all-in full-on excited in a day or so! Of course I did this just before needing to take a week and half away from it (school holidays here) so 🤞 this lasts through that! 

The bug never leaves mate 😂

49 minutes ago, Woody said:

The bug never leaves mate 😂

You got that right, though I squashed it down for a couple of months... But I've been doing this since CM2, so I should know there's no escape for me! 😂

27 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I don't mind what save you do so long as we get another epic @scratch99 save(y)

Thanks mate! I was doing so well in the Oxford save too. Only about 20 games in, but we were undefeated (only a couple of draws), sitting at the top of the table with a big gap to second... Of course, that was take 2, several weeks after the first attempt, where we'd been squarely and mediocrely mid-table...

I guess that was my David Moyes save, and it was never going to be the long term one... (though it was a decent career and may get a second chance one day).

11 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

You got that right, though I squashed it down for a couple of months... But I've been doing this since CM2, so I should know there's no escape for me! 😂

Since the 'Domark' days for me on the Amiga 1200(maybe 600) not sure now 😆

CM93....what a game that was!

I had a game called 'Football Manager' on the C64 that started it all off for me. It was brilliant and you can play it on Android now.

26 minutes ago, Woody said:

Since the 'Domark' days for me on the Amiga 1200(maybe 600) not sure now 😆

CM93....what a game that was!

I had a game called 'Football Manager' on the C64 that started it all off for me. It was brilliant and you can play it on Android now.

Haha, you came in before me, but not by much! 🙂

I got into the scene with The Soccer Game II and then One-Nil, both by Wizard Games. They were awesome! Every 5 or 6 years I'll spin up DOSBox and play them for a few hours.

9 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Haha, you came in before me, but not by much! 🙂

I got into the scene with The Soccer Game II and then One-Nil, both by Wizard Games. They were awesome! Every 5 or 6 years I'll spin up DOSBox and play them for a few hours.

That nostalgia mate...keeps those great games alive.

Final whistle on the c64 was a great game too.