Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries: Facundo Colidio 1KC [Season 24] - FINISHED

Scratch

7 minutes ago, Taff said:

Just caught up dude and two good seasons there and I hope this one pans out for you

I'll keep a close eye on this one

Thanks mate, feeling better about this than the last one. Especially about Chelsea wanting him. It's really hard to tell if youngsters are the real deal or just also rans, but if they want him, then he must have some potential.

Also, it seems to be easier to play without micro managing every game, which was a big frustration for me in Holland. They tend to put people behind the ball, but not in the narrow formation that caused me lots of problems before. 

Anyway, we'll see but it's looking pretty good so far! 

2 hours ago, AzmiG26 said:

Well done! At least Colidio (somehow) did better than Eggestein at 18.

Thank mate! I think he is genuine class. If he is, then he is going to slaughter it playing in Scotland!

And the Champions League Qualifiers have been very important (he got about 12 goals in the 6 games) - going to be a pity when we lose that and go straight into the group stages (as the co-efficients improve).

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Let's hope he doubles his current amount again! A fantastic improvement that!!

Well that would be fantastic! I'd settle for adding another 20 on top though - 60 would be enough next season! That said, my realistic target is 50 goals... We'll see. ?

Update - Season 3

In Colidio's first two seasons, he scored 20 goals, then 40 goals... That means this season should be 60 goals, right? I guess I can dream...

Transfers, etc

The board are warming up to me and gave me £6M to spend this year.

Spoiler

colidio-season03-29.png.43591864d46860862552dd53448d8eda.png

colidio-season03-30.png.3589cf339bffe91a0116f5f496a40c1d.png

colidio-season03-31.png.5fa778f9ecde91123084bd299a164ff9.png

I still can't afford the stars required to take this team to the next level, so I continued the approach of buying the best youngsters in the world (mostly from South America). As these players mature, we'll end up with one of the best teams in the world, but we're faced with a couple of patchy seasons in the meantime.

These players are mostly cheap, but I did splash out with £26M for this guy:

Spoiler

colidio-season03-15.png.058f535fbf68128c8a23ded866a49fb5.png

colidio-season03-16.png.2c624a59f6e93b494a743139b5382fff.png

colidio-season03-17.png.584e422cbdf97995f1d07e3fd19c0c40.png

One player I didn't sell was Gabriel Jesus, who wants to leave and doesn't mind saying so in the press. Half the team hate him and I'd love to ship him out. But although I had offers of around £10M, I held out for more and then couldn't sell him.

colidio-season03-06.png.deaf9bd8d9f4bea73fe6d621aa8836e4.png

Also, I unlocked the Word Permit unlockable. Not that I really need it. At this point, the players I'm buying are all good enough to get a work permit (or I wouldn't be buying them).

colidio-season03-13.png.fb66d3cc6c950ebf0534c2327fd29284.png

Competitions

We won both the Betfred and Scottish Cups and almost went undefeated in the League. We only had the one loss (with lots of stoppage time drama), but we scored 12 goals less than last year. I think that's because we replaced solid players with developing players, which will pay off later, but not this year.

In the Champions League we cleared the group stage, then got past Leverkusen on away goals, before Real Madrid knocked us out quite comfortably.

Spoiler

colidio-season03-10.png.1357a263b2d15f1842158b381fc68b22.png

colidio-season03-26.png.e9ec41a157dfd891ae83a758f6588f9f.png

colidio-season03-27.png.fa093364a5cbf98b0dc8182ac8cf6084.png

colidio-season03-12.png.5345cb779a387c47150764351dd6ce82.png

colidio-season03-11.png.e4e3a4ebdafcfa8b641a240ddc622ef6.png

colidio-season03-22.png.8866876f87a46d2af223cc40eeabe2b9.png

colidio-season03-23.png.9dac195fb9f5f158e295f9ac98621943.png

Development

Colidio end last season looking like this:

colidio-season02-45.png.e465f2f64f9f597e4ee56c48437a6a57.png

And ended this season looking like this:

colidio-season03-32.png.a406a02230389a84eef4067a6047634e.png

Slight step forward with Shooting, Movement and Decision all increasing by 1. Unfortunately, Pace and Stamina both lost 1, which was because I turned Physical training down to Medium to try to combat constant tiredness. I really hope he grows out of that soon.

Unfortunately, he just earned his first cap, so he won't be getting a break during international week.

colidio-season03-20.png.e0dfea17305870be21869501a99a771a.png

Also, he scores most penalties, but he came up with this hat-trick of penalty misses, which was something special:

colidio-season03-04.png.aba4adda168c8edf63d37ee0f45c065d.png

Injuries and Misdemeanors

No injuries this year! Great result given the recurring shin injury.

Goals

Colidio scored 39 goals in 49 appearances:

colidio-season03-34.png.ad238a3e509f1b919d188a06dd913973.png

Well short of reaching 60 to satisfy the sequence! And well short of the 50 goals I was realistically (I thought) hoping he'd get.

He's still young and I expect him to score more as both he and his teammates mature, but I was expecting more to be honest.

Progress

Current Age (EOY) 19
Season Goals 39
Total Goals 99
Goals Remaining 901

The Future

A disappointing season all things considered. At this stage all I can do is hope he still has some more development in him and that he's going to get more opportunities as the team around him improves.

Must score 50 goals next year.

Though I'm still enjoying the save and getting through seasons much more quickly than the last one, so not in any danger of abandonment at this point.

Good going, decent return for a teenager. He does need a bit of penalty practice though! ;)

It does take time to build up a decent squad with Celtic with my experience and I went the same way as you in buying young South American talent that you can develop and then sell on if required for a huge profit. You do have to sometimes upset the squad to try and keep the peace.

17 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Good going, decent return for a teenager. He does need a bit of penalty practice though! ;)

It does take time to build up a decent squad with Celtic with my experience and I went the same way as you in buying young South American talent that you can develop and then sell on if required for a huge profit. You do have to sometimes upset the squad to try and keep the peace.

Thank mate. Was hoping for more, but I think it's because of the squad meddling. Finger crossed it will click a bit better this year! Definitely got him practicing penalties though! ?

Update - Season 4

Heading into Season 4, we're hoping Colidio can take the step up. Last season was frankly a little disappointing with only 39 goals. Will he be able to push on to 50+ this season?

Transfers, etc

The board are increasingly generous and gave me £12.25M to spend this year.

Spoiler

colidio-season04-36.png.712f0d5051d55c9719c1230fec1b53f4.png

colidio-season04-37.png.2e3ab6cb81a4ba3a4ec0faf86cb08ff5.png

I continued the approach of buying the best youngsters in the world, though we're becoming pretty crowded on that score. Want away Gabriel Jesus finally went out at a discount rate, along with some other good players who were not quite going to make it.

Winning the Scottish Cup at the end of the season unlocked the Sugar Daddy unlockable:

colidio-season04-31.png.8740a50387e363b37b712ed894f52b7a.png

Going to be good times ahead! Although, I probably don't need it so much now.

Featured Game

This game was worth highlighting. Colidio scored a brace and should have made sure of the win, but missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed. That opened the way for a 91st minute equaliaser, taking us into extra time. It looked like we were heading to penalties, but we scored a last minute winner. Whew!

colidio-season04-09.png.cf3c3d8c7f64fbbb0b3ce31280965184.png

Featured Player

Here's one that didn't work out so well. One of the players we signed early was an exciting young Portuguese midfielder called Ferreira. We're talking a few greens in the right places (Passing, Creativity) along with lots of Blue and several stars worth of potential development to come.

Turns out he had injury problems... Including the very same recurring injury that Colidio has.

colidio-season04-08.png.03ee39d0a23b566b142874323dfff7ec.png

But where Colidio has completed a couple of seasons injury free (touch wood), this has been Ferreira's record:

colidio-season04-19.png.ca4a45814f4826dfa710fed0cdb55970.png

He's slightly injury prone, but still, that's incredible. Then three days after that screenshot, this happened:

colidio-season04-22.png.b50cdbce0c456b195decca87370e413b.png

Another 2 months out! For some reason, the rehabilitation option has never appeared for him, he just keeps getting injured. Too top things off, he wanted a move... And Colidio mentioned he had a strained relationship with him, which was the last straw...

colidio-season04-24.png.08aaa309600b45eacc350b75022e0b36.png

So much promise, all wasted. I am so so glad that it hasn't gone that way with Colidio...

Competitions

We won all the domestic competitions. We made it to 100 points in the League for the first time and also scored 96 goals which is a big improvement.

In the Champions League, the group was difficult. The table makes it look like it was easy, but if Tottenham had beaten us in the last game, we would have been out. We beat them, but unfortunately were knocked out at the next stage, courtesy of a 94th minute goal to Athletico Madrid.

Spoiler

colidio-season04-15.png.6b6419ae22d56631db37508283d577c2.png

colidio-season04-30.png.4e035aab244f3933ceb6af7a3ab51991.png

colidio-season04-32.png.24823d99288ba39e1b26f07030bbf8c5.png

colidio-season04-18.png.38bf35ced51671e82bdf13c805f325e6.png

colidio-season04-28.png.12277a10f6bfd35e33eb524efdf57e13.png

Development

Colidio ended last season looking like this:

colidio-season03-32.png.a4a7fc366e548dcab095328220830b5a.png

colidio-season04-38.png.4160c4aa3466e53dbe4609ba6187e348.png

His physicals are down, because I've kept Physical training at Medium (last year he still had some of the benefit of intense Physical training). Apart from that, another slight step forward for Shooting, Movement, Decision and Dribbling...

Looking reasonable. My staff report that he is already 5 stars for current ability, but also report that he has potential to improve a lot. I hope that's true!

colidio-season04-39.png.7ce51a0e0f7ad33e8d5b5ef240a211a1.png

The constant tiredness remained this year and if anything, seemed worse. He was fine for the first couple of months, but after that he could only play a few games before needing a break. At one point he needed 3 full weeks off to get rid of the tiredness message and it was back after two games.

No injuries this year. Great news given the recurring shin injury - but... has anyone seen this before? How can it be recurring, if he's had two full seasons without injury? I seem to remember something similar happening in my Hernandez save, but I didn't pay much attention as that was only a bit part player.

Not that I'm complaining mind, but it doesn't seem right...

Goals

Colidio scored 40 goals in 46 appearances:

colidio-season04-40.png.7a476fadb391b750a33b6fc664314725.png

Well short of reaching 50... And once again quite a disappointment. After seeing other people score 100+ with 19 year olds, I'm starting to doubt myself!

Still, he's scoring at a little under a goal game and he's only just turned 20, so I'm pretty confident he'll make it to 1K. He's definitely displaying the inconsistency of youth, with great runs followed by a month gone missing. He should improve in the coming years.

I probably need to tweak the team a little, as a lot of players scored a goal for every assist they provided. I don't mind a few of those, but most need to be creating more assists than goals.

Progress

Current Age (EOY) 20
Season Goals 40
Total Goals 139
Goals Remaining 861

The Future

Once again, another disappointing season, but I still think he's going to make it... I need to tweak the team, but also he needs to step up and find some consistency and not be so tired all the time. 50 goals next year.

I know it's a disappointing season, but if you compare Colidio with the best wonderkid in game, you'll feel doubt surely.

He still 20, so it's still a long way to go!

4 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Tough times but I'm sure you can turn it around and getting him hitting some big numbers.

Thanks mate, feeling hopeful. I have reasonable money for the first time in this save and finding it hard to find people to buy because the team is just getting really good on it's own. The next season is just about to start and some of the players are just awesome now. Of course, they'll probably all score 20 goals each and forget to pass to Colidio... ?

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Don't give up the faith mate, just keep plugging away

Thanks mate, will definitely do that.

I just did a comparison with my Hernandez save. I abandoned it at this point (after season 4), so probably a good time to check if this one is going better. I'm pleased to say it is! Hernandez only had 138 goals at this point. Colidio is way in front with 139 goals... :laugh:

But leaving that aside, much happier with this one. Getting through the games much quicker because Scottish teams tend not to use a tactic that blocks my go to tactic (although they do occasionally). I haven't made it past the second knockout stage of the Champions League yet, whereas I'd won it twice and lost the other two with Feyenoord (too easy, I like to work for things). And just generally feels right..

1 hour ago, AzmiG26 said:

I know it's a disappointing season, but if you compare Colidio with the best wonderkid in game, you'll feel doubt surely.

He still 20, so it's still a long way to go!

Yeah, I guess so, just such a big difference! Anyway, I think he'll have a decent season this year and he's still on track to make it. 

3 minutes ago, Taff said:

there you go he's a whole 1 goal ahead of Hernandez so it's obvious this is the one to keep going with

Yeah. That's 1 goal over 4 years, so if they play for 20 years, that would work out to being 5 goals in front! Woot!! :celebrate:

44 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Wouldn't say it's that much of a poor start considering his age. Stats look good so I've no doubt this is in the bag :)

Yeah that's because your 1KC standards are garbage! Harvey Barnes and his 60 goals a season. LAUGHABLE

giphy.gif

@scratch99

What tactic are you using mate? Perhaps you are not getting the most out of it.

15 hours ago, samhardy said:

Wouldn't say it's that much of a poor start considering his age. Stats look good so I've no doubt this is in the bag :)

Thanks mate. He's got 15 in 9 so far this year, so will likely do better this season. Expecting that to peter away, but it's a promising start! :D

14 hours ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

What tactic are you using mate? Perhaps you are not getting the most out of it.

I'm using what I call the Armstrong tactic (because I used on my Armstrong 1KC). It's 4 3 2 1 with Attacking Direct and Centre.

Mind you I find I'm more and more going with Attacking Short Mixed (which is a really common formation I've seen posted here).

Armstrong seemed to need the ball pumped in quick to him before he had anyone near him to pass too. Colidio doesn't seem to score as many with this approach and seems better with the more traditional approach. Still experimenting a little. 

But as per previous comment, he seems to have take a step up this year. Attributes improved again, teammates better this year, 15 goals in 9 games, looking a bit better.

There is nothing wrong with slow and steady mate! Especially with this much time on your hands and using a lesser striker! Compairing yourself to others is a surefire way to get dissolutions! Trust me I've been there in the hay day of the 1kc. Just keep doing what you're doing! Every journey is different and if everyone smashed it quickly no one would follow such adventures! I have faith in both of you at this point :D 

19 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Still lots of time to get things just right and he is still years away from being in his prime. Keep the faith!

Thanks mate, things picking up a little this season, can see the potential alright, might be a couple of years away from really cranking the goals out! 

17 hours ago, Ashez said:

There is nothing wrong with slow and steady mate! Especially with this much time on your hands and using a lesser striker! Compairing yourself to others is a surefire way to get dissolutions! Trust me I've been there in the hay day of the 1kc. Just keep doing what you're doing! Every journey is different and if everyone smashed it quickly no one would follow such adventures! I have faith in both of you at this point :D 

Nothing wrong with slow and steady, but why does it have to be me who specializes in it! :D

Update - Season 5

Over the first four seasons, 40 goals has been the most Colidio has been able to score in a season. I'm desperate for him to break through the the 50 barrier this season. Can he do it?

Transfers, etc

The days of taking the trifling amount our penny pinching board gave us are over. Our sugar daddy chipped in with a bucket of money last year and we got more at the start of this year. We can buy anyone we want now - but the question is do we need it? Probably not, we're just peaking as it is.

Here's the business we did do:

Spoiler

colidio-season05-52.png.babb85f3f19b70185fb826b1a88171fd.png

colidio-season05-53.png.da8653a8219661ee23cd71b124ee1caf.png

colidio-season05-54.png.5ae2a1d9c709b350d8916be3f42d9885.png

We sold a bunch of very good players who won't get any playing time. Brady, Huws and Bitton provided a bunch of assists, but aren't up to our current standard. Lee Griffiths' goals kept us in the hunt for trophies when Colidio was too green to carry the team on his back, but we have other options now.

Coming in were a bunch of good free agents, including Eden Hazard who was decent with a 1:1 goal to assist ratio, a few good youngsters and £27M Gameiro (who the press in Portugal have dubbed the new CR7).

This year we also unlocked the Transfer Window unlockable.

colidio-season05-03.png.0e6b0834f137338fcf07447b1330cd7e.png

Featured Player - Gameiro

As mentioned above I bought Gamerio who the Portuguese press believe is the new CR. My scouts weren't so sure:

colidio-season05-09.png.420808ba87d1921809257cd0e97bb45a.png

I wasn't sure about buying him either, as he probably isn't the player we need (too many goals). In the end I thought it was worth the risk. If he doesn't work out I can sell him later.

He turned out to be a handy backup striker. He scored 23 goals and provided 12 assists in 42 games, mostly either coming off the bench or playing in the big games when Colidio was rested.

This is what he looked like when I bought him and by the end of the season:

Spoiler

colidio-season05-12.png.2c31c60163d0d5d37907cf16f445bd54.png

colidio-season05-55.png.37a52b79f2fab76b23dcd064632df23a.png

Featured Player - D'Acol Joaquim

D'Acol Joaquim is a young player I bought years ago, who has been steadily improving. This year was his breakout year, providing 39 assists.

colidio-season05-51.png.749200c43b9ff4625e1f1bd6c9cc0d2f.png

He's been good in other years, but 39 assists! We've been waiting for a player who could do that. It wasn't uncommon for him to have games like this:

colidio-season05-19.png.6d9c26f430d9f0c3170fd6c5c65b2f3c.png

I guess that's to be expected given his attributes:

colidio-season05-49.png.c7dfb386c451cc4cb96cc4e04df62efd.png

Tidy little player. I guess he is a regen, but I have no idea who. In fact Gameiro / CR7 is the first one I've ever been sure about. I normally just target good young players, not regens in particular, although that approach obviously nets quite a few.

Mind you, D'Acol Joaquim is a little slow, taking almost 3 years to retrain from dark green to bright green in central midfield, despite "enjoying training to play in a new role"!

Spoiler

colidio-season05-07.png.90195fa9b391c8c65da88dd293b2dd7f.png

colidio-season05-08.png.38be7b3bca43eacbdb271c8dc7764dd1.png

He got there in the end though, a true tortoise if ever there was one.

Competitions

We won all the domestic competitions. In the League we had 3 draws and no losses. More importantly we smashed the 100 goal barrier, making it to 118 goals! Good times. Handy goal difference of 103 too. I'm finally ready to say we're a decent side now.

Spoiler

colidio-season05-18.png.27a5643f15b51894b8ff247069138cdd.png

colidio-season05-40.png.69ac2679d7abfe0c51ec0eaa81d407fd.png

colidio-season05-43.png.984779a75c66eb3c0460f12834cb5e81.png

In the Champions League, we breezed the group, then crushed Dortmund, struggled past Man U, and swatted Athletico Madrid aside, to make it through to the final for the first time. Unfortunately Valencia won the day - but we're not far off winning the Champion's League now.

Spoiler

colidio-season05-34.png.582434fbeebf5f005516492dd0303aaf.png

colidio-season05-36.png.1fd85edea74242e01ded99253e17be6f.png

colidio-season05-38.png.b76bbd344d1eaee7fec43b73381c9214.png

colidio-season05-41.png.3f00dfb4fe17d831a10b2542bc3fe16f.png

Development

Colidio ended last season looking like this:

colidio-season04-38.png.5f5e7a33ecbd4aa918ea31dbd12e418b.png

colidio-season05-56.png.efbf4220a1a4c8a78b345b1ce3876d5c.png

A nice step forward! He's still a bit slow (and if I dial back Physical training to Medium all the physical attributes will drop a couple of points from that), but he's looking like a Player now!

My staff have stopped saying he has any potential left, but I can work with this. Mind you, they don't like him that much, finding more negatives than positives.

colidio-season05-58.png.424b90db18ed5ababd87a81b34a66f03.png

Good news: Although he still gets tired, it's not as bad this year when compared to last year. I got by mainly by just resting him in the Champions League games. I had to leave him out of a couple of other games, but it felt like an improvement.

Third year straight with no injuries. Making me very very nervous. It's going to be payback time soon... He does get a LOT of knocks during games, like this, but they generally don't keep him out:

colidio-season05-14.png.97d34bc0c00f93157513c7e587bc92e1.png

colidio-season05-32.png.f1d3b4d211d3d795465145b8cc9a2719.png

He got another red card:

Spoiler

colidio-season05-15.png.96866c942157d8cce9aba5617b985a97.png

colidio-season05-16.png.619731a74967492dcaf191812e6b4904.png

Mostly he's a good kid though...

Goals

Colidio got his first quadruple this year:

colidio-season05-35.png.0fac8f1eecf67e5b812fe5abdf1ac2e8.png

He scored 52 goals in 49 appearances:

colidio-season05-59.png.17e82dff90e8fb78f44478450b7d36df.png

He crossed both the 50 goal and the goal per game barriers for the first time, which is promising. A decent season.

Of course, as his manager, I think he should have done better! He got off to a much quicker start then slowed a lot - quite normal, but I want him to avoid that fade. Also, we scored a lot more goals this year, so an extra 12 goals for him isn't that impressive.

Still, it's a nice progression and I'm feeling good about next year.

Progress

Current Age (EOY) 21
Season Goals 52
Total Goals 191
Goals Remaining 809

The Future

Things are shaping up! Team's looking good. Colidio is looking good. The future is bright! 60 goals next year.

Edited by scratch99
15 hours ago, Taff said:

75 next year no worries 

Squads shaping up nicely so I'm sure they'll only get better

75? Maybe... Not committing to that mate! Maybe the year after!

I gotta start making sensible decisions with the squad. I got Pogba in on a free - so we got him, Hazard, CR7 reborn, all scoring too many goals and not providing enough assists. Need to swap them for some players better suited to a supporting role... Sigh #ineverlearn