Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career MM96 & Samhardy Present: Sell Them Slowly

MM96 and Samhardy Present

coollogo_com-11725532.thumb.png.b1e4bddc3feeb37f1fd0d1a6cfd6aff7.png

A H2H Battle

I guess I should begin with some introductions. Some of you will remember me from a time long long ago when life was simpler, this game was simpler and well, politics were simpler...? But times have moved on since then and so had I for a while. Vibe had to make do without their vibrant Canadian who filled this community with memes, gifs and well sometimes even reasonably entertaining careers. But fear not anymore Vibe! Your lovable Canadian is back and with him he brings one of the the most popular challenges in FMH 2015 (Yes, I was gone for a whiiiillle). Back in that game I took on Vibe constant Ashez in a grueling H2H duel that spawned a career over 19 pages long! In the end the battle was awfully close as well with Ashez just about pipping me to the prize by the narrowest of margins. Now that I'm back I want redemption and another crack at the cherry.

My challenger this time will be Samhardy. That's right I'm back to the site and the first thing I do is take on the CC champion. That's right I'm a cocky ass mofo!!

giphy.gif

And besides me and Sam have had beef for a long time now. Man won't acknowledge my CC win saying that I was the "Luckiest CC Champion in History"

giphy.gif

And now I'm back to prove myself to him and Vibe. He think he can beat me at this game?? LAUGHABLE

ANYWAYS

If you don't know what the challenge is about, you can read up on it here. I would highly suggest reading about the challenge because it can be quite confusing. Essentially, the challenge will be a H2H between me and Sam, however, instead of stopping the challenge whenever one of us fails to retain the league, we will proceed to play all 6 seasons and keep score with a point based system (which will be posted soon). That's really all there is to the logistics, with the exception that we will NEED your participation in this career Vibe. Every transfer window, you will decide which player of our Starting XI will be sold! A poll will be put up, and whichever player gets the most votes will be booted off the team, to be replaced by a penny wise alternative. 

giphy.gif

No not that kind of penny wise!

Me and Sam will update soon regarding which league, which teams and what starting XI we have decided to go with in the coming days. Updates for this career will be coming fast and furious as we hope to have it done by the launch of FMM18!

So let us know what your thoughts are so far! Do you have any unique ideas for the challenge? Who do you think will win?? Are you team MM or team Sam? We really want big participation from you guys on this Vibe so do comment and contribute!! And remember:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

This looks like it will be an epic battle.

You can bet on that! Me and Ashez went down to the wire last time. Six seasons and there was just ONE trophy in it by the end.

59 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Team MM most def! Epic Viber back :) plus Sam says the same about my CC win... 

good luck lads! :)

TEAM MM BABY!! This man knows where it's at. DW Sam is just insecure about his own CC win so he makes fun of others.

Tragic Really

27 minutes ago, samhardy said:

:laugh: Who is MM96? This fool is my first opponent since winning the CC? Oh well they say you've got to take stepping stones on your way to the big matchups...

"Who is MM96"??? Alright lads I'm done. I'm really gonna come all guns blazing for you now Sam

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Do you think we need to get Sam some professional help @MerlionMaple96? I didn't know he has been delusional since '15 :O

Sam's been delusional since well before then. And to think they still let him host the Challenge Cups?? Vibe needs to get him an intervention soon.

4 minutes ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

Sam's been delusional since well before then. And to think they still let him host the Challenge Cups?? Vibe needs to get him an intervention soon.

@Ashez you, me and MM need to have a talk about Sam.... it's getting out of hand :O

38 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Arseholes both of you @PriZe @MerlionMaple96

If I get one member on team Sam I'll be beyond shocked :P No point supporting someone when you know they're gonna win I guess...

You may not understand the concept of supporting big clubs like Bayern or Juve then, they have hordes of fans yet everyone knows they are gonna walk the league every year.

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I'll go with MM as Sam has beaten me twice in the last two CC's. Good luck to both competitors though. 

Welcome to team MM mate :D Sam is going DOWN

This isn't fair! It's like picking between my brothers!

Hmmm my heart says to sit on the fence but my head is screaming team Sam! I beat MM at this challenge yet Sam has a 1-0 lead against me at this point. (Yes I'm ignoring the Newcastle disaster!!) Then again MM is very experienced with this challenge. Oh I don't know! 

Just put on the show I know you both can lads! Good luck :) 

10 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I'll go with MM as Sam has beaten me twice in the last two CC's. Good luck to both competitors though. 

Mate I beat everyone don't take it personally ;)

2 hours ago, salohcin said:

Guess i have to go with team Sam cos i dunno who Mr MM is 

Welcome to the victory parade!

6 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Team MM96 ;)

Another team MM :D

6 hours ago, salohcin said:

Guess i have to go with team Sam cos i dunno who Mr MM is 

I'm not surprised I've been gone for a while. Though if you read through the 2013-15 forums you'll find me everywhere :)

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

This isn't fair! It's like picking between my brothers!

Hmmm my heart says to sit on the fence but my head is screaming team Sam! I beat MM at this challenge yet Sam has a 1-0 lead against me at this point. (Yes I'm ignoring the Newcastle disaster!!) Then again MM is very experienced with this challenge. Oh I don't know! 

Just put on the show I know you both can lads! Good luck :) 

Wait Sam beat you in something?? My my what an embarassment :P

1 hour ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

I'm not surprised I've been gone for a while. Though if you read through the 2013-15 forums you'll find me everywhere :)

No patience for that so i guess i will start reading from here instead! :D anyway, may the best man win!

coollogo_com-11725532.png

Well after MM96's interesting introduction and the expected mentally damaged idiots going over to his side (apart from @salohcin, what a sensible guy), it's time for me to officially get this show on the road. Our Canadian mathematical 'genius' was way too lazy to go through the points system before, so it's over to me for that one.

Points system

We will gain a certain amount of points for every trophy won in these 6 seasons, differing from the original challenge rules where you carried on till someone failed to win the league, as then we'd be finished after MM's second update.

• Champions League - 150
  • Europa League - 75
  • Premier League - 100
  • FA Cup - 80
  • League Cup - 65
  • Community Shield - 20
  • European Super Cup - 25
  • Club World Championship - 30

+ League points + Goal difference

My team of choice

As you can see from the points system, we have decided to play this challenge in England. After a discussion regarding teams, we came to the conclusion that it will be taking place in North London and after MM elected Spurs I was happy to take Arsenal.

BadgeArsenal.png

Starting XI

The first thing I should probably do is show you the starting XI I have picked for this challenge!

ehkrMqbl.jpg

The first thing that will immediately strike you is the inclusion of 33 year old Petr Cech, who may be too old to save anything at all in a few seasons time, but I really couldn't be doing with Ospina in goal. Value wise, the rest of the team picked itself really, the only other choice was Gibbs > Monreal. I'm not usually a fan of a flat midfield three, but with the players in the starting XI I'm sure I can make it work.

Half-season report

Now into the important stuff, and that is how my first half season in charge of Arsenal went :O

m1EnumKl.jpg

Pretty good! Not as many goals as I'd ideally like, we aren't blowing teams away but still getting the job done the majority of the time. The two losses were to Chelsea and Tottenham but we look good to take the league in the first season, which my opponent will most likely fail to do :P

X37NsNul.jpg

Damn only going through as group runners up :( A last minute draw in Madrid condemned us to this and I initially thought we'd been knocked out which would have been disastrous. I mean who gets knocked out of the Champions League with a North London club in the first season?

And looks like we'll have to face a European giant in the first knockout round, surely.

bTkioFbl.jpg

:laugh: Thanks for the last minute equaliser Cristiano! Seriously not much point in Basel turning up.

We will play Manchester City in the semi final of the League Cup, there's nothing really to see results wise as we've had a relatively easy run. West Brom await in the third round of the FA Cup, meaning the quadruple is still on.

What you're voting on - Player stats

Who will be the first player to leave my club this month and be replaced by someone, who *should* be ten times worse? Please vote on the strawpoll which is at the bottom of this post and I'm looking forward to seeing the tactics behind your voting :)

One thing to bear in mind is that Giroud was injured for 2 months; he was replaced by Welbeck.

Spoiler

Goals

YnEbE0Fl.jpg

Assists

gvJ7dmol.jpg

Av.R

XbKAteNl.jpg

So there goes my first half season at Arsenal. A good start and hopes still alive in all competitions. Now it's over to you, which player would you like to see leave this transfer window?

Strawpoll Link - Click Me

Current Points:

Sam - 82

MM - /

This looks like it could be a great H2H, and a cracking way to see off FMM17

I'm team Sam as I believe he is the man to beat this year, yes I still hate him for the CC challenges he helped concoct, but the guy is class no argument there 

Good first update, I voted Ozil as I believe he is a great player and you would struggle to replace him, but I fear for Sanchez

@samhardy WTF mate 54 points jeez...you weren't lying when you said you were destroying the game this year. I just hope I can keep pace :O

But yes, I have to agree with everyone so far ALEXIS OUT. Him and Ozil are the only two world class players in the team which mean they must go first!!

Image result for alexis sanchez

Bye bye Alexis :D

Oooh, going with English squads makes this challenge so much harder! From experience having a second team and extra bodies is a life saver in this challenge. 

Cracking start Sam! MM has some lead to chase already! 

As for the vote I've gone for Cech. Having to replace him on the cheap will hinder you a lot more than trying to replace Sanchez IMO. Having a shit keeper will impact the entire defence while one iffy striker won't make too much of a difference this early. 

I have no issue with Sanchez going first at all, would rather get a big fee now than not much in a few years ;)

This will be moving along quickly as we want to get it wrapped up before FMM18. So MM will be updating tomorrow and when he does the poll for me will end :)