Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career MM96 & Samhardy Present: Sell Them Slowly

It was between Giroud and bellarin for me. Had to go bellarin as he is world class and in his prime whereas Giroud isn't getting any younger. Not sure it make much difference at the moment though as your flying.

Talk about getting an upgrade! You're playing the challenge wrong haha. Massive signing! 

I'm going back to the beginning and selecting Cech again. 

Great start to season 2. Caught between Bellerin and Giroud to be voted out. I went with Bellerin will be interesting to replace.

2 hours ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

We are in the semi finals where we will face Derby over 2 legs after defeating Watford, Southampton and Notts Forest

Are you FUCKING kidding me what kind of joke is this??? How do you get such easy fixtures???

They say you make your own luck ;)

Bellerin storms ahead in the poll!

18 hours ago, samhardy said:

League cup - We are in the semi finals where we will face Derby over 2 legs after defeating Watford, Southampton and Notts Forest.

You clearly did this on purpose to annoy me.

I'm an MM fan now. 

MM96 and Samhardy Present

coollogo_com-11725532.thumb.png.b1e4bddc3feeb37f1fd0d1a6cfd6aff7.png

A H2H Battle

Season 1.5

Hi guys, I'm back with my third update of this H2H. In the last update we saw Sam continue his terrific start to this challenge after replacing Elneny with N'Zonzi. Already a solid 200 points behind, I really had to dig deep to keep pace. But was able to do that? Let's find out!

My Team

The Sale

Image result for danny rose

The blue kit would soon become all too familiar for Rose

Vibe had its say after my last update and it decided that Danny Rose would be the one to follow Harry Kane as the next member of the squad that would be axed. In my opinion wing backs are the hardest players to replace in this challenge as there are so few good, reliable wingbacks out there to begin with and since they don't sell for too much you don't have a lot at all to spend on their transfers. This was the problem with Rose as well. He was only valued at 11 Million Pounds and try as I might, I wasn't able to get any club to bite for higher. The only two interested parties were Liverpool and Leicester and neither were willing to offer more than his listed valuation. In the end I decided to let him go to Leicester as I didn't want to strengthen Liverpool even further after I had just let Kane go there in the last window.

The Replacement

As I said, replacing wingbacks is devilishly difficult and there were simply no reasonable wing backs in my price range. Well...none bar one. Sporting had listed Johnathan Silva on the transfer list and with his valuation only being 2.3 Million Pounds, I was hoping they would be willing to part ways with him for less. Unfortunately for me, they actually wanted MORE than that so I was forced to abandon that idea.

Thankfully for me if I'm known for anything, it's being flexible as a manager and as such, I had an ace up my sleeve. Many people, including our very own, @Ashez were wondering why I had picked Eric Dier instead of Victor Wanyama in my starting XI. Well one reason was because I knew he was able to play at centre back! And with Jan Vertonghen able to play at left back as well, I decided it was time for some good ol' tinkering. Making these changes allowed me to bring the one stand out player that was available for a free transfer! None other than Super Mario himself, Mr. Balotelli!

Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_02_50.png

Image result for mario balotelli

A physical specimen indeed.

Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_04_54.png

Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_05_01.png

Starting XI

As I said, I merely slid Vertonghen to left back, Dier to center back and played Mario up front with Cummings!

Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_06_10.png

The Season (So Far)

Despite all the build up for Mario, he suffered two reasonably long injuries during his first four months at the club:

Screenshot_2017_10_15_16_15_13.png

Screenshot_2017_10_15_16_55_18.png

This is one reason why his attributes in the screenshot above are so underwhelming. He had just returned from his second injury. Injuries in general really hurt the team during this half-season as Dier, Vertonghen, Son and Alderweireld all spent a month or more on the sidelines at various times.

Community Shield

Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_10_20.png

What a game this was as we came from 3-1 down to win it on penalties!

Premier League

Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_09_14.png

Unbeaten but seven draws is utterly woeful!

League Cup

Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_11_16.png

Another absolutely mental game that went back and forth all the way!

Champions League

Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_12_18.png

No drama here this time as we qualify comfortably

Individual Performances

A huge surprise on this front as:

Screenshot_2017_10_15_17_08_56.png

And the best part of this is of course...you guys can't replace him!!

Player Stats

Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_14_15.png
Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_14_19.png
Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_14_25.png
Screenshot_2017_10_16_22_14_31.png

Well that's all from me folks. Despite the injuries (especially the one to Balotelli), I think we did absolutely brilliantly to top the table at this point. And with him hopefully featuring more regularly, I can only assume we'll improve! Anyways, do let me know what you think of the season so far. And who do you think should be the next to go. Will Eriksen or Son finally bite the dust? Will it be one of our superb defenders? Or maybe young Dele Alli? I'll link the strawpoll below for your votes.

http://www.strawpoll.me/14166600

giphy.gif

After making a mockery of my last vote (:p) I've gone for Lloris. Try and worm your way out of that one hahahaha. 

Smart and effective play mate! 

6 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

WHY ALWAYS HIM! good luck with Mario. Looks like you have made a good start to the season and Cummings as wpoy is great.

Thanks mate! Yeah I was extremely surprised to see him win WPoTY :O

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

I never even knew that was allowed :O

Well now you do :P Me and Ash both did it the last time I believe...so maybe if you had paid more attention...

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

After making a mockery of my last vote (:p) I've gone for Lloris. Try and worm your way out of that one hahahaha. 

Smart and effective play mate! 

No problem, I'll just move Dier one back again and play him in goal! XD

added 0 minutes later

Dembele currently in the lead with 2 votes but FIVE other players all have 1 vote each.

Seems like I've bamboozled you guys :P

57 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I voted vertongen to try and make you actually buy a lb.

This man has the right idea XD

38 minutes ago, Taff said:

I voted Dembele to try and shut down your midfield and Ali will get you too much money

Not a bad idea. That midfield is all the more important when you're just playing 2 in there as opposed to 3.

Sam was supposed to post an update tonight but he wanted me to close the poll, and I refused.

He then threw a right tantrum (as you all know he can do) and refused to both close the poll or update.

giphy.gif

So I've decided to be the bigger man here and close the poll so little baby Sam can post his update tomorrow.

Poll closed. Dembele will depart.

coollogo_com-11725532.png

Hi. How are you doing? Bloody hell that's good. Anyway welcome back to another update of this already dead rubber H2H between me and that bitch from Canada. Let's see how I got on in the second half of season two!

So vibe spoke and this time it was Hector Bellerin who was going! To be fair, probably a wise choice after his WPOTY win. It turned out to be a good decision as well as he only went for £17.25M only giving us £1.7M to spend on a replacement.

Our first attempt at replacing him didn't go to plan:

PwuMbR1l.jpg

As you can see from above that, we tried with a second player planned as well but he met the same fate. We were left with a last resort choice in the end and we were forced to bring in the shite one of the Da Silva twins for £600K.

v7tUBWcl.jpg

We were in a good position in the league and easily got over the line with no issues whatsoever. Fabio was actually injured for 3 months in the second part of the season so either Debuchy or Jenkinson took his place I can't really remember which.

QbdYjPSl.jpg

Giroud also was injured for almost the whole duration that this update covers so Welbeck provided the magic.

pa5Fhj7l.jpg

We also won the FA Cup by demolishing Manchester's number two in the final.

aSJjFx3l.jpg

Sadly we didn't defend our Champions League title as Juventus KO'd us at the Quarter Final stage. This pissed me off majorly as look which fucking egg scored the first goal :@ Worst striker in Premier League history? Discuss. He's second place for me behind Dozy Altidore.

I0niwMcl.jpg

Thankfully we got over the line in the League Cup otherwise it would have gone down as a poor half season.

qqgmBHRl.jpg

Player stats

Now let's have a look at what you're voting for :)

Spoiler

Goals

FZE64aFl.jpg

Assists

tMYqJoll.jpg

Av.R

cAyjY3il.jpg

Leaderboard update

Sam - 917

MM - 263

Well then :P

Strawpoll - Click me

That's a huge lead over the singaporean-who-left! Seems like you are getting the W for this series already HAHAHHA and i have gone with Mustafi cos he seems important and he wont go for much i think

Your building quite the lead now! Think MM is going to need a huge season to get back into this.

Not sure who to vote for yet. Might be time for Giroud to go as not sure you will get huge amount for him even with all the goals he has scored.