Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career MM96 & Samhardy Present: Sell Them Slowly

29 minutes ago, salohcin said:

That's a huge lead over the singaporean-who-left! Seems like you are getting the W for this series already HAHAHHA and i have gone with Mustafi cos he seems important and he wont go for much i think

Gone for Koscielny as I think he won't bring in much capital and you'll struggle to find a decent replacement, but knowing my luck Laporte is on a free agents and I'll be eating my words

5 hours ago, Taff said:

Gone for Koscielny as I think he won't bring in much capital and you'll struggle to find a decent replacement, but knowing my luck Laporte is on a free agents and I'll be eating my words

Wanted to go for koscielny but i figure its about time he retired

It feels like I should be saying congratulations now but I know from experience this challenge can fall apart at any point. 

Voting wise I've once again decided to go for Cech. I hesitated but it's the best way to hopefully dent your XI and to give MM a helping hand. 

MM96 and Samhardy Present

coollogo_com-11725532.thumb.png.b1e4bddc3feeb37f1fd0d1a6cfd6aff7.png

A H2H Battle

Season 2.0

Hi guys, I'm back with my fourth update of this H2H. In the last update we saw us going steady in all the competitions despite losing Danny Rose in the transfer window. This time I had the task of replacing Mousa Dembele.

My Team

The Sale

Image result for mousa dembele

Mousa staring me down as I let him know he's surplus to requirements

Actually getting rid of Mousa was incredibly difficult. Despite being valued around 30 Million Pounds, the joys of the January transfer window meant that actually getting anyone to pay that amount was impossible. In the end I had to keep lowering his cost till someone bit for 10 Million Pounds. That club was Sporting, and Mousa went off to Lisbon to soak in some sun.

The Replacement

Honestly there were approximately ZERO good replacement floating around in the market for 1 Million Pound or less. So I had to get creative again and I decided to move Dier back into midfield and purchase a center back instead. You can get reasonable center backs at a dime a dozen and I finally settled on Kiko Olivas to fit into that role for 850k.

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_39_18.png

Image result for kiko olivas

Kiko and his wife (damn she's hot) would soon be coming to London

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_41_35.png

Starting XI

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_42_02.png

The Season

Premier League

The Premier League race came right down to the wire this season and with two games left to play, this is what the table looked like:

Spurs 37 goal diff, 76 pts

United 30 goal diff, 76 pts

Chelsea 34 goal diff, 75 pts

City 41 goal diff, 74 pts

We had West Brom and Chelsea to play in our final two games and all we had to do really was pick up the full six points. I posed this question to Sam in our PM thread:

2017-10-25_0749.thumb.png.c49d6e9c796de80be59b4da9e3b11246.png

And ofc in truly comical fashion, this proceeds to happen in the next two games:

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_51_13.png

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_51_17.png

With an end result of:

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_51_39.png

This season was honestly an incredibly frustrating and odd season. Against the other "big 5" sides in the league we actually won 7 games and drew 3 with no losses. However in the run in to the title we somehow lost away to Stoke, Leicester and West Brom. And all by a single goal! Another goal in ANY of those matches and we would have finished top on GD! But alas, it was not to be.

League Cup

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_54_14.png

DESTRUCTION

FA Cup

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_54_55.png

Back to back FA Cup exits to Liverpool. Really regret selling them Kane now

Europa League

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_55_23.png

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_55_28.png

Two goals ruled out for offside really cost us there :(

Individual Performances

Player Stats

Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_56_09.png
Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_56_24.png
Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_56_31.png
Screenshot_2017_10_25_07_56_35.png

Scoreboard

Sam: 917

MM: 444

Final Thoughts

My word, for all intents and purposes, a really poor season on my part :( Missing out on the league is a massive blow and already more than 400+ points behind, it may be all over a little too early. I won't throw in the towel just yet though. Maybe a more consistent tactic coupled with one or two lucky Champions League wins and we may be right back in the thick of things. 

Let me know what you thought of the season as a whole. How did you think the replacements have done so far? And who do you want to see on the chopping block next?

http://www.strawpoll.me/14235997

giphy.gif

Ouch! I'd put that down to the formation as a 442 is always hard to use. With the squad you've ended up with I'd have gone for a 433 tbh. Your three midfield starters are ideal for it and you have Son who can easily slot into a front three. 

With that in mind it's time for Dier to go! That potentially ruins that suggestion while he's ability to move around the pitch has saved you for the last time :P 

Gutted for you as the season has not panned out and Sam has taken a huge lead, but I admire your fighting spirit.

I echo @Ashez and I've voted for Dier as he's helped you move a few things around and taking him out might screw the pooch all together 

On 10/25/2017 at 08:25, Ashez said:

Ouch! I'd put that down to the formation as a 442 is always hard to use. With the squad you've ended up with I'd have gone for a 433 tbh. Your three midfield starters are ideal for it and you have Son who can easily slot into a front three. 

With that in mind it's time for Dier to go! That potentially ruins that suggestion while he's ability to move around the pitch has saved you for the last time :P 

Yeah it really seems like the 4-4-2 is a little inconsistent. Well I mean I don't like the idea of Eriksen playing in a flat midfield 3 tbh. I don't think he has the defensive attributes for it.

Haha yes I probably won't be able to tweak as much with him gone.

added 0 minutes later

Poll closed, Dier is gonna go!

Update

I've deleted the game. Lack of motivation meant I couldn't be arsed to even load the app never mind play 4 more seasons.

So sadly this H2H has come to an end. It was enjoyable annihilating Canada, let's be honest @MerlionMaple96 wouldn't have reached my score if he'd played the rest of his seasons himself!

See this as the referee has stopped the bout in the 4th round before things start to turn ugly :P

On 30-10-2017 at 22:08, samhardy said:

Update

I've deleted the game. Lack of motivation meant I couldn't be arsed to even load the app never mind play 4 more seasons.

So sadly this H2H has come to an end. It was enjoyable annihilating Canada, let's be honest @MerlionMaple96 wouldn't have reached my score if he'd played the rest of his seasons himself!

See this as the referee has stopped the bout in the 4th round before things start to turn ugly :P

:laugh: congrats i think :laugh:

And the ref calls the fight this ones over

Big congrats @samhardy and unlucky @MerlionMaple96 (This was a tough way to step back into Vibe, against the reigning CC Champ)

I can see this challenge taking off big style in FMM 18

Might even fall out everyone’s favourite Panda to have a H2H with Everyone’s favourite Bunny, what do you say @PriZe?

1 hour ago, Taff said:

And the ref calls the fight this ones over

Big congrats @samhardy and unlucky @MerlionMaple96 (This was a tough way to step back into Vibe, against the reigning CC Champ)

I can see this challenge taking off big style in FMM 18

Might even fall out everyone’s favourite Panda to have a H2H with Everyone’s favourite Bunny, what do you say @PriZe?

Sure mate! FMM18 Furries going to have a fight ;) 

6 hours ago, Taff said:

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

Sure mate! FMM18 Furries going to have a fight ;) 

You lads need to make this happen

I'm fairly certain that Sam's basically had a bollocks third season where he's been sacked so he's decided to develop a "Lack of motivation" and now "couldn't be arsed to even load the app". He just couldn't bear to be embarrassed in front all of Vibe :P