Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello I'm Foxy

FuddledFox

Inspired by @Taff I thought I would tell you something about myself.

I live in an area of England called the Cotswolds in the county of Gloucestershire about 12 miles outside Cheltenham.

I have a wife and an 11 year old daughter and we live in a little village in the countryside. I have always lived in the country and can't imagine living in a town or city and being happy. This is the kind of views I live with everyday.

IMG_20160218_095814.thumb.jpg.f5d956a64c6f5a7195007224743dfc3e.jpgIMG_20160218_101536.thumb.jpg.e7ead0469632c64a1bd16bb7b3e5ae0f.jpg

I work as Head Gardener at a large country house and enjoy being outside during the day even if the weather is sometimes rubbish.

When I was growing up I didn't have a team I supported. Most people supported Man Utd  where i grew up but for some reason they never appealed to me. In 1998 I went to an Oxford Utd game with a mate from school. At the time we where in Division one (championship) and we beat Norwich 3-0. That was it I was hooked and Oxford became my team. I had a season ticket for a few years and went to fair few away games including a 7-0 defeat to Sunderland back when Sunderland where good (remember Kevin Phillips @samhardy) In the end life got in the way and I don't get to many games anymore but they are still my team.

I have played CM/FM for about 20 years but only started playing FMM back in April and it is one of my main hobbies. I had never really shared my FM hobby with anyone beyond friends but back in January I decided to start a YouTube channel about FM and also played some FMM on there. I have since decided to stop YouTube as I simply have stopped enjoying doing the videos and I want to concentrate on enjoying playing FMM and writing for Vibe. One skill i did learn doing YouTube and still enjoy is creating graphics using a program similar to Photoshop. I have been lucky that @PriZe and @Taff have asked me to make graphics for them recently. I'm not the best you will ever see but I enjoy it and I'm getting better with each piece I do.

I never enjoyed doing school work and if you told the 16 year old me that I wrote as a hobby I would have just laughed. I have Dyslexia and although it isn't a bad case it means I'm not a natural writer but since joining Vibe I have discovered that I really enjoy.

Its the community we have here at Vibe that brings me back and enhances my enjoyment of the game.

You've been a great community member and writer, was glad and still am glad I did take you on (y) Great to learn a bit about yourself! Half tempted to do one myself.

Your writing is beyond great mate and it's the thought, research and detail that has me hooked every time I read it.

Interesting about the Cotswolds as my Dad, Step Mum and Baby Sister live there as well, beautiful countryside and plenty of clean (English) air

2 minutes ago, Taff said:

Interesting about the Cotswolds as my Dad, Step Mum and Baby Sister live there as well, beautiful countryside and plenty of clean (English) air

Were abouts mate? If you don't mind me asking. TBF Hereford isn't that far from me. Used to go there as kid to see the steam trains

Wow, amazing views those mate! Not sure I could hack the country side but I love going there haha. 

I'm the same mate, I hated writing and school with a passion so I'd never believe I'd spend so much time writing and helping people haha. There is just something magical about writing for this site and your work has truely inspired. Content wise the FMM scene was in a little bit of a pickle due to bland top tens and click bait trash but your work proved there was demand for more in depth work. 

17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Wow, amazing views those mate! Not sure I could hack the country side but I love going there haha. 

Maybe I should start a view sharing thread so all you townies who don't have to drive 6 miles for a takeaway can see what your missing?

Nice post mate. Super Kev is my favourite player of all time so yes, I do indeed remember him :P

Don't think I could live in the county side either, not sure why just know I'd hate it. Great views though!

Great post mate!

Especially enjoyed it as I lived on the edge of the Cotswolds (in and around Witney) for 4 years and spent quite a bit of time enjoying the scenery around there.

I went to an Oxford - Norwich game around the same time you did, but can't have been the same one, as Craig Bellamy scored for Norwich (I feel like we lost 2-1 that day, but can't remember now). Was a member (but not season ticket holder) at Oxford as well for a year or two around then and went to 6 or 7 games. I was already a Newcastle supporter, but Oxford became my second team and has remained so ever since. Don't follow them too closely any more though.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, I'll do the same sometime soon. 

6 hours ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

@FuddledFox Those are some beautiful views indeed. How far do you live from the nearest City? Do you have to drive into this City often for groceries and supplies and such or is where you live self-sufficient?

Luckily in England your never very far from civilization. The little village i live in has a little shop and couple of pubs. We have 3 large villages with supermarkets etc all about 6 miles from us. The nearest city is Cheltenham which is 12 miles away. 

6 hours ago, samhardy said:

Nice post mate. Super Kev is my favourite player of all time so yes, I do indeed remember him :P

Don't think I could live in the county side either, not sure why just know I'd hate it. Great views though!

Feel the same about towns. It's what you grow up with I guess.

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Great post mate!

Especially enjoyed it as I lived on the edge of the Cotswolds (in and around Witney) for 4 years and spent quite a bit of time enjoying the scenery around there.

I went to an Oxford - Norwich game around the same time you did, but can't have been the same one, as Craig Bellamy scored for Norwich (I feel like we lost 2-1 that day, but can't remember now). Was a member (but not season ticket holder) at Oxford as well for a year or two around then and went to 6 or 7 games. I was already a Newcastle supporter, but Oxford became my second team and has remained so ever since. Don't follow them too closely any more though.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, I'll do the same sometime soon. 

I know Witney very well.

That Oxford Norwich game was probably year after when we where relegated from the championship.

8 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I know Witney very well.

That Oxford Norwich game was probably year after when we where relegated from the championship.

I love that part of the world and miss it a lot! :D 

I did some detective work and I guess the game I went to was this one (from a Norwich site so A is actually H for us):

oxford-norwich.thumb.png.94726957b23254bc5ad0aa85c46dc32f.png

That would have been one of my last games before leaving the UK (that time, I came back later). I remember this young kid called Bellamy floating up high into the sky and heading home to put the nail in our coffin... Hopefully we'll be back in the Championship soon! ?

32 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

I love that part of the world and miss it a lot! :D 

I did some detective work and I guess the game I went to was this one (from a Norwich site so A is actually H for us):

oxford-norwich.thumb.png.94726957b23254bc5ad0aa85c46dc32f.png

That would have been one of my last games before leaving the UK (that time, I came back later). I remember this young kid called Bellamy floating up high into the sky and heading home to put the nail in our coffin... Hopefully we'll be back in the Championship soon! ?

I was probably there as well but don't really remember it. I would need to check my programme collection that's packed away in the loft might be good excuse to get it out and have a look

These getting to know you posts are brilliant!

Head gardener at a large country house? That's amazing man. Is it one that's open to the public? 

Is your youtube channel still up?

2 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

These getting to know you posts are brilliant!

Head gardener at a large country house? That's amazing man. Is it one that's open to the public? 

Is your youtube channel still up?

No it's not open to public. I work for a family which is what I like as its more personal if that makes sense.

The channel is still up but I'm not very good. I did couple of fmm series back in the summer.

6 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

No it's not open to public. I work for a family which is what I like as its more personal if that makes sense.

The channel is still up but I'm not very good. I did couple of fmm series back in the summer.

Yeah that makes sense man. My great-grandfather was the head gardener for a private estate i think but i don't seem to have inherited his green fingers...

Brilliant.

This is a brilliant idea. I've been playing FM since the champ manager days on the Amiga 1200.

The game is seriously addictive and FMM is more so.

Just wish i could crack it as easily as i do FM!!

To be fair with out all the help from the Mods and fans that join in on here i would be alot worse off.

To all at Vibe.....?

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I wonder how many of us have crossed paths without realising.

I've seen most of you out and about....OH crap I've said too much 

Who's a stalker not me what you talking about

Hang on my phones ringing, got to go

1 minute ago, Taff said:

I've seen most of you out and about....OH crap I've said too much 

Who's a stalker not me what you talking about

Hang on my phones ringing, got to go

Where you the bunny that was sneaking around the garden today?:O

2 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I had an Amiga 600 but never played Champ man in those days. Did play a hell of a lot of Sensible Soccer though.

Wow oldtimer :O;)

added 0 minutes later
14 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Where you the bunny that was sneaking around the garden today?:O

A bunny in the garden of a Fox... that's asking for some drama:laugh: