Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello I'm Ashez

Ashez

Hello I'm Ashez......

I'm not usually one to jump aboard a bandwagon but every now and then a trend begins that I can get behind. With that in mind I'm here today to introduce myself and as my profile reveals my name is Ashez, or my name is actually Ashley/Ash but you get the picture :p. Why did I select Ashez as my username? Well the only person to ever call me that was my Nan so at the time it was the easiest "nickname" to run with, however she has since passed in recent years so it's now a reminder of a women I adored with all my heart. Wow, that got deep quick so let's lighten the mood. Fun fact, I've only ever had two display pictures during my time here and the last time I changed it everyone lost their minds :p. 

Football wise I got interested in the sport in my early teens after hating it as a child. My dad has never been a football fan so it was a sport that largely passed me by, sure I loved attempting to play it (in real life and in FIFA) with my mates but actually watching it was rarely of interest. Liverpool were always the team for me though which I assume I picked up from my step dad so when my attention grew into football it was an easy transition, especially as my brother followed my Nan in supporting United so the brotherly rivalry was cemented when we were young. The earliest football watching memory I can recall would be England beating Argentina in 2002, or that tournament in general so maybe that was the spark, I'd have been around 11 so it kind of adds up. Looking back it always amazes me to think I lived so long without caring for the beautiful game when it's now a massive part of my life. I'm from Shrewsbury so I also keep a somewhat close eye on how they're doing (not as close as I should tbh) and for a season or two I did have a season ticket. Unfortunately it soon became too expensive when we couldn't sneak in as kids anymore so we stopped going. Growing up and working weekends just made it a tradition my friends group dropped over time but I've got so many memories connected to those days. 

FMH wise and yes I mean H as it'll always be a H to me is a short and simple tale in truth. I've been with the series since the first game on the PSP and I actually remember picking it up from a secondhand shop we used to have in town, I even remember Game having one copy of 2014 in store on release day and I hid it at the back of the shelf until I had the cash, amazingly it was where I left it whenever I went back for it lol. In fairness I have no idea what made me pick up the game but I'd give the credit to LMA Manager which I used to mess around with while I also remember watching my older cousin playing FM. I have so many fond memories of playing the PSP game like watching matches play out while doing my homework, finding amazing regens and thinking I'd found the next big thing and of course my careers. My favourite year for the series is 2013 without a shadow of a doubt, in my opinion 2013 was the peak year for the franchise. I think I feel this way as across the PSP and mobile version of the game I had two unique ways to play which felt completely different, what ever style of save I wanted was suitable to one of the games so I could play it none stop. Vibe wise it's easy to say 2013 was my biggest year posting careers too as so many of my favourites were posted during that period. It's no secret I've become frustrated with the stagnation of the series however, especially between 2014 and 16 but I'm not going to dwell on that as 2017 showed promise and I'm hopeful 2018 will be another foot in the right direction. 

When it comes to Vibe I could talk for days about my time here but I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. I'm not sure how early I was here but I remember the previous site briefly and browsing on Neoseeker before that. One day I was casually looking for a transfer update which led me to Vibe. In truth I have no idea at all what caused me to start posting and interacting with the community, I believe my first posts were tactic based and back then with how complex the PSP game was posting a solid tactic was the way to get noticed. The turning point for me was when I created a godly 4321 which was basically everything I'd learned on Vibe thrown into one creation and boy was it good. That formation stormed the game which meant I could bring bigger careers to the site and my breakthrough was my "Ashez Wonder Seasons" thread. It was around this time I was noticed and asked if I wanted to become a member of staff which I accepted, I might not have if I knew I was replacing Rafa mind haha! My memory is hazy but Sam, Jens and Dec at least were on the staff team and they all helped me improve my content massively. 

Once I'd become staff I started paying more attention and doing more for the community, it was a motivational push i needed to improve. I've always put this community first so having a platform to do this really inspired me. While I posted content and there are a few I'm especially proud of it's my careers that rule my heart. I have so many memories from sharing saves here like my first ever 1kc attempt failing, finally crossing the line with Borja, following that on with Ronaldo's regen Pedro Cunha, my multiple failed Unemployed Challenge attempts and even some stupider saves like my Newcastle African takeover and Shrewsbury's silent partner including the wet sock bandit. I'd like to think I'm still known for my careers but I'll be the first to admit I've dropped off a lot since my glory days. Inception is likely the one stand out save in recent memory that I can hang my hat on but that was in 2014! Maybe the triple 1kc is up there but that idea wasn't as unique as I hoped so it doesn't feel the same, my joint save with Prize (Rivaldo and Pele Jr) however is one I have fond memories of on a personal level. I suppose my lack of interest in 2015-16 didn't help matters and while I did really enjoy my Rogue save this year I wasn't able to push on from it. In truth it really bothers me that I'm not playing/posting like I used to as I do miss it but things just haven't clicked for me this year. That is one reason why I decided to leave the staff team as I was feeling the pressure and my motivation had dried up, thankfully it returned enough to keep me busy but I haven't been able to hit or maintain the levels I hoped I would. I tend to have spells where i'm addicted to FMM and then long periods where I don't touch it, unfortunately a lot of this year I wasn't able to get much done during those good spells. 

I've completed a fair few of Vibe's challenges during my time here but my claim to fame has to be I've completed the 1000 goal challenge a staggering 18 times! That figure still surprises me to this day but I bloody love that challenge. 2017 will actually be the first year I failed to finish one since I started them but I only had one attempt in fairness (is it failed if it wasn't finished? :p). My long term goal has been to complete a 1kc with a player from each continent and I have one left to cross off my list, this is mainly due to no suitable players but hopefully 2018 will be the game to give me the options I need! 

On a more personal level i don't have much to say as I'm rather basic! I'm recently 26 (yes Vibe you forgot again!!!) and I'm enjoying an eight year relationship with my wonderful girlfriend while working in a family owned pub. That's actually the biggest part of my life that's changing currently as we're in the process of buying our first house! If that's not enough I've also acquired a pet in recent weeks! Unfortunately it's not a rabbit, a panda or even a squirrel but he's an adorable 11 week old black lab called Bruce. Why Bruce? Well everyone keeps asking if it's due to Finding Nemo and it's not :@. He's named after Bruce Wayne! He's now fitted with a Batman collar so hopefully those irritating comments will stop! That brings me nicely onto my other hobbies outside of football/FMM which are basically Batman/DC Comics and Nintendo. Both subjects were my childhood and in the last few years I've jumped right back into both subjects and I love them more than ever. One thing being so involved in FMM/Vibe did was limit my free time for other activities so I've mainly been playing some Nintendo games I missed during those years and just catching up tbh. I have a Switch and it's a wonderful bit of kit but if you wanna hear me ramble about Nintendo we have a thread for that. 

That really brings this post to an end, I appreciate it's a long read but I've been here a long time. I'm not sure if I've said much I haven't said before but here is a little bit more about myself. I did have a section about my friendships here but it was too long and bloated yet I didn't feel like I could miss anyone off so I removed it. In short YOU guys make this community and YOU guys are why I'm here, this site means the absolute world to me and I'm so proud of it all. Everyone who has contributed is apart of Vibe's legacy and I'd like to thank every viewer, comment poster and content creator for making this site everything it is and will continue to be! Due to the events I've said above I have a busy few weeks and months ahead but I'll be here as often as I can chipping in and enjoying all your wonderful content. 

Thanks for reading and comment if you so desire.

A true Legend of the community, even if we don't talk as much as I would like you have been a huge inspiration to me on this site and whenever I start to lag there you are (along with people like @PriZe and @BatiGoal) to kick me in the Ass and get me going again and I'll never be able to thank you enough

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

Great writing from a great Viber. 

Having seen a picture of Bruce I can confirm he is adorable! The puppy not Bruce Wayne?

Thanks for the reminder! I intended to include it but forgot to add it haha. 

74cZyeJ.jpg

He's my little dude

58 minutes ago, Taff said:

A true Legend of the community, even if we don't talk as much as I would like you have been a huge inspiration to me on this site and whenever I start to lag there you are (along with people like @PriZe and @BatiGoal) to kick me in the Ass and get me going again and I'll never be able to thank you enough

That goes both ways mate, back in the day I was a leaderboard collector and all your journeys this year have made me super jealous! I don't think anyone got me playing 2017 this year more than you. 

43 minutes ago, PriZe said:

<3

Now get that dog a Batcave!

In due time! Haha. I've got him a batarang!! Okay it's actually a Halloween bat squeaky toy but to me it's a cool crime fighting device!!! Ooh now I want to get one those retractable dog leads with the handle being the BTAS grappling hook :D 

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Thanks for the reminder! I intended to include it but forgot to add it haha. 

74cZyeJ.jpg

He's my little dude

That goes both ways mate, back in the day I was a leaderboard collector and all your journeys this year have made me super jealous! I don't think anyone got me playing 2017 this year more than you. 

In due time! Haha. I've got him a batarang!! Okay it's actually a Halloween bat squeaky toy but to me it's a cool crime fighting device!!! Ooh now I want to get one those retractable dog leads with the handle being the BTAS grappling hook :D 

OMFG.... cuteness alert:laugh:

Batcape! For when it's cold :) 

2 minutes ago, PriZe said:

OMFG.... cuteness alert:laugh:

Batcape! For when it's cold :) 

I love him :D 

Nope, I'm strictly a no dog costume/clothes kind of guy haha, I think they're cruel :P

This man right here is the reason I became so involved in Vibe in the first place. People refer to me as a legend of the site or whatever but I would have been nothing if not for Ashez. The sheer amount of quality content he put out year after year, whether that be careers or guides, inspired me to do what I have on the site. He is also probably the best person to bounce ideas off and we have collaborated so much on content in the past. More than anything, I would say that in Ashez I made a valuable lifelong friend even if I may never actually get to meet him in person. Here's to you mate!

giphy.gif

Fantastic write up @Ashez, I remember when I first joined I was nervous to speak my mind but you taught me that it's ok. You are an inspiration to all FMM players (or FMH if you insist:D

1 hour ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

This man right here is the reason I became so involved in Vibe in the first place. People refer to me as a legend of the site or whatever but I would have been nothing if not for Ashez. The sheer amount of quality content he put out year after year, whether that be careers or guides, inspired me to do what I have on the site. He is also probably the best person to bounce ideas off and we have collaborated so much on content in the past. More than anything, I would say that in Ashez I made a valuable lifelong friend even if I may never actually get to meet him in person. Here's to you mate!

giphy.gif

I'd say the exact same talking about you mate! Extremely pleased you've managed to fit us back into your life :D. 

47 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Fantastic write up @Ashez, I remember when I first joined I was nervous to speak my mind but you taught me that it's ok. You are an inspiration to all FMM players (or FMH if you insist:D

That's the best response I've ever had, that truly means something. I've always liked to think I am approachable but more importantly that Vibe is. If I've somehow encouraged people to be themselves and speak their mind on these forums I've done some good. Never be scared to speak up or enter a discussion as that's the point in the site. 

38 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Thinks he is approachable, used a scary clown as his profile picture.... :laugh:

And a gun totting panda screams “I’m a friendly approachable bear” ?

Oh Ash, you snivelling bag of Sehnsucht. (It's what ze djermans call it)

I can't even remember a time when you were not around - and I was on Neoseeker for two years before there was any mention of Vibe, mind.For me you've always been a defining member around here, even when you weren't playing this game.

I agree on everything you said about the PSP games: the original (2006) was something that changed my life for good, while 2013 was the best one, while also being the last one. Which makes me wonder: how could you hide a game (2014) that was never made? ;) 

43 minutes ago, Jens said:

I can't even remember a time when you were not around - and I was on Neoseeker for two years before there was any mention of Vibe, mind.For me you've always been a defining member around here, even when you weren't playing this game.

I agree on everything you said about the PSP games: the original (2006) was something that changed my life for good, while 2013 was the best one, while also being the last one. Which makes me wonder: how could you hide a game (2014) that was never made? ;) 

There is nothing wrong with that ;), at least I made sure I mentioned you this time haha. 

I recall using Neoseeker a lot for Pokemon but I can't remember if I was active on the FMH forums or not. I remember checking them out but that's about it. 

Whoops must have been 2013 I hid then, so much of this is a blur tbf! 

Great to learn a bit more about you @Ashez...

I've been coming to Vibe on and off for years, but never engaged until this year. There were two people whose names I learnt during those lost years - you and Dec. You obviously stood out enough that a random passer by would recognise and get to know your name because of the content you created and the passion you had for the site. So major props for that. Then when I started posting this you were a major support as well, keeping me going when I might have packed it in. Thanks mate - much appreciated!

And mate, your dog is 13 out of 10.

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Great to learn a bit more about you @Ashez...

I've been coming to Vibe on and off for years, but never engaged until this year. There were two people whose names I learnt during those lost years - you and Dec. You obviously stood out enough that a random passer by would recognise and get to know your name because of the content you created and the passion you had for the site. So major props for that. Then when I started posting this you were a major support as well, keeping me going when I might have packed it in. Thanks mate - much appreciated!

And mate, your dog is 13 out of 10.

I'm glad you found some interest in it, tbh I didn't know what to say as I've always been rather open lol. 

That's not surprising as i have the highest post count and I believe it's by some margin lol. Obviously a high post count means nothing but I like to think my comments have some impact. Sure the articles and guides bring advice while my careers hopefully bring entertainment and drama but I mean my day to day comments. I've never hesitated to leave a comment as I know how motivating and inspiring they can be as I myself rely on comments and interactions to keep me going. I think that's what's improved mainly this year as the site has a core group again where we're always talking and messing about one way or another, ideally I'd love the group to grow and more members to work their way into the site but I can't force them to get involved so I try and inspire, while motivating the ones who take that first step. I hope we aren't an intimidating group and I generally don't think we are as we always welcome new faces but when we see comments of "I was nervous to get involved" I wonder what can we do as a site to make this process easier? Unfortunately whenever I ask such questions no one speaks up. Hopefully the return of the "introduce yourself" forum is a step in the right direction as I never understood why it was removed. 

Bruce is cute yet a handful, tbf he's rather laid back which is what I was hoping for. I think his temperament might be spot on as he's active enough while still loving his sleep and cuddles :D. Only issue is he won't play fetch that often as he just looks at you like "yeah you threw it so you go get it" haha. 

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

when we see comments of "I was nervous to get involved" I wonder what can we do as a site to make this process easier?

I think thats the case for most internet forums. People worry about getting involved. Since I came out of the shadows I have had no problems with anyone and found all the regulars to be a friendly bunch with just the right level of banter.

29 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Only issue is he won't play fetch that often as he just looks at you like "yeah you threw it so you go get it" haha. 

I like the mentality of Bruce (y) 

And common, we are a bunch of furries, how scary can we be?:laugh:

46 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I think thats the case for most internet forums. People worry about getting involved. Since I came out of the shadows I have had no problems with anyone and found all the regulars to be a friendly bunch with just the right level of banter.

Yeah I suppose that's true. While every forum has the odd bad apple I'm always surprised at how smoothly things run here, especially considering the demographic. We just all have a laugh and share a passion yet I'm sure there are many viewers out there who could be equally involved. Being involved doesn't mean posting content/careers as such but just speaking and interacting etc. I'm hoping the return of the iscout forums will encourage more people to get posting as everyone out there has a player to show off. 

33 minutes ago, PriZe said:

I like the mentality of Bruce (y) 

And common, we are a bunch of furries, how scary can we be?:laugh:

Some are scarier than others ;) haha

I was the same, I spent 6 months lurking here before finally signing up, but since I got here I've never felt left out or anything other than a member of a great community, although I'm sure the Gun Totting Panda, The Dragon Riding Bunny and the Scary Clown profile pics may put a few people off

5 hours ago, Jens said:

Omg it's Jens!

*fanboys frantically*

Agree 100% about what you said. Ashez is synonymous with Vibe to me.

Omg it's Jens!

*fanboys frantically*

Calm your panties, for God's sake, man!

It's not like I haven't been around, ey ;) 

Omg it's Jens!

*fanboys frantically*

I picture something like this when he sees @Jens name

59e8be81d78c4_giphy(3).gif.faaa9b98189bbd08dd2c10f53ddf9905.gif

I was likely also nervous when I first started posting in fairness, to be honest I can still get nervous now if I'm posting something big haha. 

Get a room you two :P 

17 minutes ago, Jens said:

Calm your panties, for God's sake, man!

It's not like I haven't been around, ey ;) 

Tbh I haven't been around to know if you have :(

Just nice to see an old face is all :)

16 hours ago, Ashez said:

I like to think my comments have some impact. Sure the articles and guides bring advice while my careers hopefully bring entertainment and drama but I mean my day to day comments. I've never hesitated to leave a comment as I know how motivating and inspiring they can be as I myself rely on comments and interactions to keep me going.

They sure have had impact for me mate, so grateful to you...  (y) 

Heya Ashez! I've been pumping myself up for FMM18 and I had to come back and take a look around the old place.

It's nice to finally get a glimpse behind the person who was one of the defining figures of FMH/M back in the day and even till this very moment. I never bothered with the amount of insane challenges attempted by you but just reading about your exploits really painted a picture of sheer creativity to come up with the challenges and narrow-minded determination to finish them!

On 19/10/2017 at 01:11, Ashez said:

It's no secret I've become frustrated with the stagnation of the series however, especially between 2014 and 16 but I'm not going to dwell on that as 2017 showed promise and I'm hopeful 2018 will be another foot in the right direction. 

Oh boy, you don't have to say another word. It seems like the only times I really enjoy putting in effort in making a post is in criticising SI for whatever reason. I love the games they put out, but it's fair to say my love is a special kind of tough love. It stands to reason then that I barely posted didn't post at all for FMM17! :laugh:

FMM17 was a gem of a game and provided a long and stable career for me (after the early months of a bumpy release). There were still a few things lacking in the technical department and some features weren't as fleshed out as I'd like them to have been (damn coaches!) but for the most part I liked what I saw. 

On 19/10/2017 at 01:11, Ashez said:

I tend to have spells where i'm addicted to FMM and then long periods where I don't touch it, unfortunately a lot of this year I wasn't able to get much done during those good spells.

Unfortunately, the latter is becoming more true for me too, I find myself missing the days when the game was a massive puzzle and I would be lost for hours trying out new things right left and centre. Now I enjoy the game at a more leisurely pace, and I enjoy discussing in-game events with my irl friend as we both play FMM together.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi during the calm before the storm that is the release of FMM18. Keep up the good work and lets look forward to a great game in a few days!

3 hours ago, locomofo said:

Heya Ashez! I've been pumping myself up for FMM18 and I had to come back and take a look around the old place.

It's nice to finally get a glimpse behind the person who was one of the defining figures of FMH/M back in the day and even till this very moment. I never bothered with the amount of insane challenges attempted by you but just reading about your exploits really painted a picture of sheer creativity to come up with the challenges and narrow-minded determination to finish them!

Oh boy, you don't have to say another word. It seems like the only times I really enjoy putting in effort in making a post is in criticising SI for whatever reason. I love the games they put out, but it's fair to say my love is a special kind of tough love. It stands to reason then that I barely posted didn't post at all for FMM17! :laugh:

FMM17 was a gem of a game and provided a long and stable career for me (after the early months of a bumpy release). There were still a few things lacking in the technical department and some features weren't as fleshed out as I'd like them to have been (damn coaches!) but for the most part I liked what I saw. 

Unfortunately, the latter is becoming more true for me too, I find myself missing the days when the game was a massive puzzle and I would be lost for hours trying out new things right left and centre. Now I enjoy the game at a more leisurely pace, and I enjoy discussing in-game events with my irl friend as we both play FMM together.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi during the calm before the storm that is the release of FMM18. Keep up the good work and lets look forward to a great game in a few days!

Thanks for the kind words mate :) 

Yeah it's easy to get wrapped up in negativity when thinking about this series which is something I was guilty of. I think that's what changed the most with me as i couldn't shake my negative attitude and it came through too much in my work, even items I didn't intend to be negative seemed like they were written in hate. I wrote a positive draft article recently but when I read it back it came across really aggressive and negative when that was never my goal, it's why I've stepped away from a lot of discussions this year as even unintentionally I'm negative. While there is no real harm in that I felt it's impact on myself and even if my points are fair you guys don't wanna read my grumpy old rants haha. I do think my step back has helped me enjoy not only the game but Vibe more this year so I think I made a wise decision but I do miss talking about FMM a lot. 

Agreed, FMM is now a casual game I enjoy with my friends here. It's not my first thought anymore and I just play when I feel like it which unfortunately hasn't been much this year. I'm excited about 2018 more because of Vibe than I am for the actually game as daft as that sounds. The game is almost here and i have no plans or ideas at all lol, tbh i'm not even convinced I want to play it but I know Vibe will pull me in haha.