Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Can anyone work out the qualification rule?

SaintPaul

Googled it and these are the official rules but I dunno how FMM handles it. 

"If two or more clubs are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order give to determine their rankings: 
- goal difference. 
- higher number of goals scored in the group matches. 
- number of wins after normal time (i.e. not the result of any drawn match followed by penalties). 
- the record against each other in the group match, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference, higher number of goals scored. 
- if the Clubs still have an equal ranking after the application of (A) to (C), by the drawing of lots."

I would say in that case, the top two will go through, probably drawing lots as is implicated in @Ashez post

The rules in the game probably wont be complicated.

Though I did see an instance posted on here where a one off play off was contested for relegation from Premier League

The League Sorting Rules for Checkatrade are 

Screenshot_20171023-135850.thumb.jpg.695b395f3870ea9e660f1fc0d5128ddb.jpg

It really is a pointless competition both in real life and in game. What's the point in playing 2 group games? Results like above will happen fairly often...

Just need to look at the attendances to see how unpopular it is with lower league football fans.

They need to discard it completely and bring back the old format with no U23 teams, make it a straight knockout or at the very least play each other twice in the group!

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

It really is a pointless competition both in real life and in game. What's the point in playing 2 group games? Results like above will happen fairly often...

Just need to look at the attendances to see how unpopular it is with lower league football fans.

They need to discard it completely and bring back the old format with no U23 teams, make it a straight knockout or at the very least play each other twice in the group!

Image result for Amen brother gif

10 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I haven't talked to a fan of a lower league club who actually likes it :P Anything to help the bigger clubs

No its terrible. Other week Oxford v Brighton U21s we had the lowest attendance in our history and considering we where in non league  for few years playing FA Trophy matches and Satanta cup matches that is is crazy. 

On 24/10/2017 at 11:41, FuddledFox said:

No its terrible. Other week Oxford v Brighton U21s we had the lowest attendance in our history and considering we where in non league  for few years playing FA Trophy matches and Satanta cup matches that is is crazy. 

I have seen the attendance quoted at 1,074 for said match against Brighton, That's not bad considering a lot of games do not even break 4 figures, one game last season only attracted about 300 people and I have seen some attendances this season that got nowhere near 1,000.

This Competition as a whole is pointless, Lower League Clubs fans don't want it, and the Clubs only voted for it because the Premier League put money in the Prize Pot for the inclusion of the Academy Teams.

As has been said it should be scrapped in it's current format, maybe consider let Conference Clubs have a go at it again

48 L1+L2

18 Conference Teams

6 Straight Knock-Out Rounds

20 minutes ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

48 L1+L2

18 Conference Teams

6 Straight Knock-Out Rounds

I like the sound of that. It would also give conference sides that arnt near the play-off places something else to play for.

5 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I like the sound of that. It would also give conference sides that arnt near the play-off places something else to play for.

Yeah...Conference Sides played in the Competition a few years back, don't know how fans of Conference Teams took to it though.

What I used to do a few years back when playing FM PC was take Conference Premier sides out the FA Trophy and put them in what is now the EFL Trophy and had the FA Trophy for Clubs at Step 2(Tier 6) and below 

4 hours ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

Yeah...Conference Sides played in the Competition a few years back, don't know how fans of Conference Teams took to it though.

I don't remember that. Would add more games for them which they might not like but then chance to play league clubs and another route to Wembley might balance it out.

Feel like clubs miss a trick with these games. Why not give free tickets to schools. If Oxford only got 1000 in then give 5000 tickets away. It cant hurt can it?

On 22/10/2017 at 00:08, Ashez said:

Googled it and these are the official rules but I dunno how FMM handles it. 

Thanks for checking, like you, I just wasn't sure how much detail would go into sorting out an in game stalemate 

I once had a league cup game in England go  to penalties and the first 12 were missed. I posted on the SI forums, and was told that it wasn't a bug, the reason for twelve consecutive penalties being sent wide was probably due to the grass on the pitch being too long, or goalkeepers coming off their line, and putting the taker off, which seems a bit of a stretch. That's why I asked on here instead of posting on the other site again 

1 hour ago, SaintPaul said:

I once had a league cup game in England go  to penalties and the first 12 were missed. I posted on the SI forums, and was told that it wasn't a bug, the reason for twelve consecutive penalties being sent wide was probably due to the grass on the pitch being too long, or goalkeepers coming off their line, and putting the taker off, which seems a bit of a stretch. That's why I asked on here instead of posting on the other site again 

Haven't you heard you can invest in a lawnmower in FMM18 mate