Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Formations for the 1K

Jens

Hi all,

I wanted to get your take on things. As far as I can tell from around here and from my own experience, there are only a handful of formations really suited for completing the 1K. I've seen most succesful attempts use a 4321 (with 3 MC's and wingers). Of course, there has been Bati who came up with some weirder shit, but nonetheless, everything seems to come back to that 4321. Even when I tried myself, anything other is nowhere near as effective. I also noticed that 3 man defenses are out of the question if you want loads of chances (don't ask me why).

Has anyone else got any ideas on this topic?

I typically stick to a 41221 because I always use a triangle midfield and I dislike AMC's in general. That's my main reasoning but my last few 1kc's have come from a 4123 so there is some room for manoeuvre, I know a few have been done with wide strikers over wingers too. I think the 43 is just a balanced set up and as our AMC options are limited people go for AML/R's or strikers. 

I personally don't use a back three at all as I don't like to give the AI an obvious weakness to exploit like the wide areas, you can have the best three CB's possible but you'll concede out the ass from crosses in my experience. Using a three at the back puts the pressure on the wingbacks for crosses which could be why we see less of those formations used as for a striker to score we need the ball in the box. Using three at the back is typically used to be more attacking and with limited roles it's likely better suited to a double trouble attempt as all the forward roles on FMM can be goal heavy. Maybe with more control we could balance a back 3/5 style formation to do as we want though but I think most people would want the extra man in midfield. 

In FMM 16 I had success using my 3232 using my primary attacker (Barbosa as an AF) and a TM next to him to try and lay off the high balls, plus an IF (which seems counter intuitive) but my guy picked up a lot of rebound goals from long shots

This year it does seem to come back to the 4321 or 4231 but I do think there is room to maneuver 

I've used a flat 3 in midfield all the way through this game when I'm trying to get the front man firing always with him as primary attacker. Both wingers out wide as well because wide APMs have only worked for me in a 4-4-2

It's strange that you need 3 men in the middle to get the one up top firing. You'd think it would come down to the flanks rather as they have to pump in the ball.

I have been experimenting around with a tactic for 1kc (prep for fmm18 i guess) and a 433 seems to be doing fine for me. Like back 4 of CBs and WBs, a flat midfield trio of BBM-AP-BBM and up top with CF-P-CF with the 2 CFs spaced out. So my formation actually looks like a hot girl with damn curve in the middle. Probably gonna call it the 'Model Woman' if it's perfected when the new game comes out. But this will only work with big teams Real Madrid or Man city cos there is a need for the WBs to run up and down, for BBMs to travel from one end to the other fast enough and for CFs to be able to do everything as a forward and feed the main man the goals of course.

11 minutes ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

Think a big idea is that with a player in the AMC position he takes away from the amount of goals the striker scores.

So the flat midfield 3 works better.

I don't completely agree on this front. I often notice that without the AMC, the striker will tire a lot more quickly. It's like he literally needs to stand on the midfielder's shoulders in order to keep fit?

1 hour ago, Jens said:

It's strange that you need 3 men in the middle to get the one up top firing. You'd think it would come down to the flanks rather as they have to pump in the ball.

A three man midfield arguably feeds the flanks better though, it's not like 3 men midfields don't use attacking players wide be it at FL/R of AMR/L. 

I use my triangle which is always an APM, a BBM and a BWM behind them at DMC. I use this because I find it's the most balanced option I can run as it has everything. The DMC will offer protection, win the ball and keep it simple switching it wide or to one of his partners. The APM is the main creator and I usually select a player with solid defensive attributes to keep my sides defensively aware and I run a balanced BBM alongside him as he'll stretch play while working offensively and defensively. 

Typically I'd build on this by adding a winger on the APM's side as he'll offer width and penetrate the opposition while hopefully supplying my striker, and on the BBM's side of the pitch I'll normally use another APM. I do this as a worry a winger and a BBM's roles are similar and I like having another purely creative role within my attack. (I can just picture a WB, WNG and a BBM running side by side up and down all game :p)

In this set up I'm hopefully taking advantage of all my strikers attributes including his movement, decisions, heading ability and so on as it offers a bit of everything. 

I think this question boils down to the same reasons why all successful formations share similar qualities and that's due to limited options and control over how roles work and what works in game. 

In midfield we have one truly defensive role (BWM), one purely attacking role (APM) and I'd argue three balanced ones depending where you'd say a DLP falls. At AMC our options are even worse as it's two goal heavy roles or a standard CM which I've never seen get much mileage as I don't think we have the MC roles to take advantage of it. Then it's a similar problem wide as wingers are wingers, APM's could potentially be used elsewhere and then you're left with the broken and infuriating ISF's. 

I know the reason I don't use a midfield two is because I don't like my options as I don't feel I can cover everything with the roles we have available which I can cover in a three. I also typically don't reverse my triangle and use an AMC as I've never liked that position on the mobile game, as I don't like using a two a 4231 shape is one that's passed me by. I always used to use AMC's on the PSP, my main formation even used two but for whatever reason I've never liked them on mobile. 

If we took the 4231 shape though is it obvious why it's not used in goal challenges? The argument for it is like Jens says it keeps everything closer to the striker but how do you run it while keeping your striker as the focus? The only viable option for the AMC spot is an APM like I've covered above and having one here basically rules out having one or two wide. With APM's ruled out of the wide positions we're left with ISF's who are goal heavy and could make the box crowded with a striker and APM already in the mix which leaves us with two wingers. Using two wingers will mean you'll hopefully be putting a lot of crosses into the box and I'd argue the big powerful TM like strikers aren't as prevent as they once were. You could run APM-APM-WNG which offers trickiery and width but I dunno that just doesn't feel right lol, I know I'd rather drop that APM back and be stronger in midfield with some creativity from deep. 

The limited options are why I've stepped away from my original PSP formation (two AMC's, with a flat three of BBM BWM BBM). I like the Xmas tree shape even if it is narrow but I don't want to use double APM's and ISF's just aren't for me without being able to control them. I actually used that midfield with the AMC combo as APM/ISF in my H2H vs Sam but I was after goals from my AMC in that save. 

I love these chats :D 

On 10/25/2017 at 23:51, Jens said:

I don't completely agree on this front. I often notice that without the AMC, the striker will tire a lot more quickly. It's like he literally needs to stand on the midfielder's shoulders in order to keep fit?

I never use a central AMC, because they end up running around holding hands with your striker:

armstrong-season2-08a.jpg 

Good emotional support and stops him from getting tired, but he just doesn't get enough space to himself... My striker in that career liked to share, so he was giving up a lot goals before I noticed that and separated them. Might work with a selfish b@$t@rd though... 

Oooon tactic discussion! 

For the 1kc it depends what you want, wanna go the sensible route, @Ashez has spoken about it. Wanna go crazy then you're more going the @BatiGoal route.

Although i haven't posted all my finished careers, the options are greater then you think. It does however depend on which ME you use. The both treat the key component a bit differently from my observation.

As in real life the key component is the midfield. On OME i feel we have a bit more flexibility, flat midfield, triangle with the point to the defence. Or a triangle with AMc but without wingers. 

I used a christmas tree to get Messi score a 1000 goals in sixteen. But without wingers as his heading is sh*t. 

On EME i feel there are three options. Two make sense, the third is abusing flaws in the engine. 

Flatmidfield works clearly on EME. Triangle with AMC as well, i got dybala score 80 goals plus with an amc, and two Inf's without any problem. However as said in by @Taff you need the striker in a role to pick up the rebounds ( Poacher instead of AF).

But..... EME is flawed, you can get away with murder. Triple apm midfield works with wingers, as long as the apm's are OP. Hell look at some of @BatiGoal his tactics, they shouldn't work (well some should) but with the right players you can ignore any common sense. The tactic @Ashez and i created is an example as well. It is fully focussed on abusing flaws in the EME and doesn't have any defensive minded players except for defence