Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Who are your favourite footballers

FuddledFox

26 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

You say that about anyone who scores against England ?

Thats true, there is a wall in Cardiff filled with pictures of every person who has ever scored a goal against the English, we call it the Wall of Heroes 

I love good deep lying forwards, false 9's call it however you want, strikers not keen to score, but to create spaces for others. The guy from my avatar is one of the best atm, Karim Benzema is ofcourse all time number 1 there, so i'd say Benzema and Firmino are very high on my list.

Leandre Tawamba from my club Partizan, you got to check out the guy, brilliant post player, his ability to hold up the ball and bring others into play is amazing. 1 touch passes, headed passes, brilliant.

I am currently in love with 2 youngsters from my local club, Čukarički Belgrade, Petar Mićin (inside forward), quick player with great sense to break the lines with off the ball runs, both feet, solid finishing, with room for improvement, solid technique, very tall (189 cm) and Nemanja Milojević (central advanced playmaker) with good pass, good shooting, can exploite the space made by a centre forward and score, physically good and also quite tall (185 cm) reminds me on Dele Alli.

Always loved Makelele, Alex, Carvalho, Cech, Ivanović, Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Zola

more recently Nainggolan, Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Matić, Totti, Neymar

My favourite players are from different generations.

When I was a kid, as a Sunderland Fan I loved Marco Gabbiadini, Tony Norman (who once nearly arrested me when I was older), John Byrne and Kevin Ball. My first true hero in football was Paul Gascoigne.

In my teens, I liked Alan Shearer, David Ginola, Gary Speed, Warren Barton, I also loved David Beckham and John Terry.

More recently, following lower league football, I liked Neil Wainwright who played for Darlo in the mid-00's, and today I like David Ferguson even though he left us for York recently, I also like Stephen Thompson

9 minutes ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

Neil Wainwright

Was he a left back? If it's the same guy I had him a lot on past FMs and he was a really good solid lower league player. Seem to remember Ryan Valentine from darlo being decent as well.

Mane Garrincha, Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Double Jay, Sir Matthews, Dinho.

All of them are magician, alright. And as such I dislike a brutish, big lug of a target man. They get the job done, but not the reason why I watch football.

4 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Was he a left back? If it's the same guy I had him a lot on past FMs and he was a really good solid lower league player. Seem to remember Ryan Valentine from darlo being decent as well.

Wainy was a left midfieler mate, normally out wide...

Was not bad on FM and I even used him as far back as 97/98 when he could be picked up for peanuts from Wrexham.

We have always had decent lower league players on FM/FMM...

Rob Ramshaw back in the 2012 game was canny as was Joe Tait in 2014(He had left us for Gateshead) amd recently David Ferguson.

Even our players with low stats have done a job for me, who I made reliable with the right tactic amd training, namely Stephen Thompson, Mark Beck and Harvey Saunders.

But in FMM17 David Ferguson became a reliable player for me in my Met Police save, staying with me till I packed in playing it