Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM 2018 Price

FMH Skill

£8.99 is a bit steep,especially with the in app purchases always so heavily pushed 

Maybe a new feature or two will make the game a 'must have', and the price will be less significant, but I can imagine people being put off by the increase. 

27 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

£8.99 is a bit steep,especially with the in app purchases always so heavily pushed 

Maybe a new feature or two will make the game a 'must have', and the price will be less significant, but I can imagine people being put off by the increase. 

I think I read some where that the price increase was forced on them by the app stores. I will put 100s of hours into the game so it works out at pence per hour for me and will be the best value game I buy all year.

do agree about the in app purchases. I think they should just be included except the IGE.

The increase is annoying but as @FuddledFox has said I’d be playing on s daily basis and when you consider paying £50 for fifa that I play maybe 2/3 a week it’s dirt cheep for the amount of time spent on it, especially with @danovic78 list of challenges, there going to keep me busy all year round along side a little career I’m dying to start

2 hours ago, Taff said:

The increase is annoying but as @FuddledFox has said I’d be playing on s daily basis and when you consider paying £50 for fifa that I play maybe 2/3 a week it’s dirt cheep for the amount of time spent on it, especially with @danovic78 list of challenges, there going to keep me busy all year round along side a little career I’m dying to start

Maybe I need to get a slice of the pie and start charging per challenge created! ;)

14 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I think I read some where that the price increase was forced on them by the app stores. I will put 100s of hours into the game so it works out at pence per hour for me and will be the best value game I buy all year.

I wouldn't have any problem, at all with the increase if it came from SI. If Miles (or the football manager twitter account) told us that due to the work and effort they put into it they'd decided to increase it, I'd understand 

However, as you said it's a decision by the app stores. I buy a football magazine called World Football, it's £4.90 per month, it'd be like one particular shop selling it for £6.90, and the owner of the shop saying "I've decided that I need a bit more money, just for keeping it in stock" 

We're having to spend £8.99, when the creators themselves don't think it's worth that much  

It's not true that the pricing it down entirely to the app stores. :)

Yes, the price tiering and conversions were changed due to currently fluctuations, but at the end of the day, if SI/SEGA felt strongly about the increase, they could simply reduce the tier in which the game is in, probably to the £7.99 one without worrying about any losses to their bottom line.

On Google Play this is even easier - Google only sets a minimum/maximum price - SI/SEGA are fully in control of the price here. If they have increased it, then the only reason is to match iOS.

It's going to launch at £8.99 - as it was since the platform increase in Jan. Apologies if that upsets anyone but I do believe it represents excellent VFM

1 hour ago, Marc Duffy said:

It's going to launch at £8.99 - as it was since the platform increase in Jan. Apologies if that upsets anyone but I do believe it represents excellent VFM

Thanks for the heads up. I do agree, despite the price increase, there are still many hours of fun created for such a low price.

Not happy about the price increase myself, but as others have said, I spend hours on the game over a year, so I probably get my 8.99 worth many times over.

Could the price increase be offset by decreasing the IAPs?

On 04/11/2017 at 14:22, FMH Skill said:

Great idea actually, they could compensate by offering international management from the beginning for example.

I personally think Int'l Management and challenges should be free from start and keep Sugar Daddy, Unsackable and IGE as IAP.

Regardless, I still buy them though

Edited by Fozz_Quaker

Anyway,I think it worth a accepted price,not it?:D

added 0 minutes later
On 2017/11/7 at 23:14, BatiGoal said:

A small price to pay if the game's progression and livelihood depend on it. 

I agree.:D 

1 hour ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

The one thing i dont agree with is some of the actually IN THE GAME purchases such as the tutoring coaches for £1 thing

although you can just ignore it and pretend it's not even there. I am slightly annoyed though but I guess in app purchases have been around in the game for a while now.

The difference between £6.99 and £8.99 is negligible in my opinion. The £2.00 difference wouldn't even buy you lunch or half a pint - yet you'll get many hours of fun from playing a game that's still vastly more expensive to play on PC.

4 hours ago, Jack said:

The difference between £6.99 and £8.99 is negligible in my opinion. The £2.00 difference wouldn't even buy you lunch or half a pint - yet you'll get many hours of fun from playing a game that's still vastly more expensive to play on PC.

I  agree, with the abundance of new features, the price hike is definitely valid.

Edited by FMH Skill
On 11/4/2017 at 04:22, Marc Duffy said:

Btw I got the game right after release and paid £7.35 Any reason why it was less? 

26 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Btw I got the game right after release and paid £7.35 Any reason why it was less? 

Not sure why that would be, you bought from the UK store? And you're based in UK? Did you part pay with existing credit maybe?

26 minutes ago, rseven said:

I bought it by 68HK Yuan. Same price as FMM2017.

Yeah a lot of countries are the same as before, the big increase was in £ due to exchange rates - the app stores changed up the price tiers.

Edited by Alari