Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello I'm Cockers2505

Cockers2505

Hi Guys (and Gals I guess)

I have seen people mention ages and @scratch99 talking about being in his 40's, well yes i'm 46 and still getting into trouble playing FFM from the wife of over 20 years :P

I have 2 daughters who are both out of my face, one is 27 years old and the other is 20 years old, working, have their own houses and basically bug me for help and money.

I've just finished 22 years in the British Army serving mainly in Germany and the UK, eventually settling down in Bicester, Oxfordshire

I'm a crazy Oldham fan since I was 6 (1977) due to coming from Greater Manchester before joining up, where i've served in Falklands, Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq (twice) and Afghan (3 times) as well Cyprus, Australia, Kenya and many many other places. the nickname Cockers2505 is from my second name and part of my regimental number

I'm a qualified IT Analyst, Project Manager, Service Delivery Manager and IT manager, and I currently work for the Metropolitan Police as an IT Analyst

I love football, I love the FFM game, started playing Football Manager on a Spectrum ZX81 then ZX82 (those that remember them), before moving onto Commodore's, wow how the game has changed, my first one on the Spectrum was so slow and Teletex looking, but it was brilliant and even now I get the same buzz as I did then

My other passion is Scuba diving, again I've been all over the world diving mainly Wrecks and trying to find big sharks, I'm also a Diving instructor, Kayaker, qualified FA Coach and active runner, still playing football, taking part in many Rough Runner's, Tough Mudder's and anything else that gives me the adrenaline rush

I try to take part in the Challenges as it gives me a purpose of playing it between my busy schedule, but recently my job and lifestyle has prevented me from the game as much as i would like to, but reading the exploits of @Taff, @scratch99, @PriZe, @samhardy and @FuddledFoxto name some of you is what drives me to keep playing, to be truthful I get bored very easy of doing simple careers, anybody and everybody can get any club to the top of all divisions due to the pure amount of advise in these forums

My last note is Cheaters, I read now and again about people believing there is cheats out there, my question is why? why bother cheating, this is a fun, challenging (if you want) game that has so many people like you guys who look after this site and write all the good guides/tips etc, so all I have to say to those people, go away, your not welcome, play honestly and enjoy, otherwise go and play on your PS4 or Xbox, and leave those wanting to have a good challenge to play FFM honestly and with enjoyment, apart from @Taff who HAS to have his name on EVERYTHING :D

My best achievement is getting the number one slot on the UK Challenge, but still can't crack the Euro Challenge as I can't seem to reach over 70 goals with 1 striker on EME, can get over 60, but my best is 69 in one season

Thanks for the opportunity to stay young(ish) still and hello to you all :D

Edited by Cockers2505

Yes exactly @FuddledFox thats why I appear for a bit, then disappear again for a couple of weeks, my main aim now is to wait until FFM 18, and see how that looks and feels. I noticed you are an Oxford fan, I go quite often watching them with my friends from around areas of Oxfordshire, never watched a good game against Oldham, we are always crap, even thinking back to the days when Aldridge played for them, Oxford beat us 5-1 and if I remember Aldridge scored an Hat-rick against us.

Holly he’ll talk about a busy dude

i love scuba diving (only done it a few times on holiday Greece, Turkey etc) but due to being god awful with money I never really had a hobby (apart from FMM and Vibe) played a bit of football and even tried my hand at s bit of American Football when I first moved to Hereford, but I’m as athletically talented as the boys at Sunderland (? sorry Sam shots fired)

amazing to think of all you’ve seen (I imagine some horrible stuff as well)

Its great to know more about you dude and hope we see you a bit more on FMM 18 ( @danovic78 has plenty of challenges for me and you to fight over)

14 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Yes exactly @FuddledFox thats why I appear for a bit, then disappear again for a couple of weeks, my main aim now is to wait until FFM 18, and see how that looks and feels. I noticed you are an Oxford fan, I go quite often watching them with my friends from around areas of Oxfordshire, never watched a good game against Oldham, we are always crap, even thinking back to the days when Aldridge played for them, Oxford beat us 5-1 and if I remember Aldridge scored an Hat-rick against us.

I think our win at your place opening day of the season was our first ever win at boundary park if I remember. Don't get up there much as life and money gets in the way but then I see everything you get up to and think what a lazy git I am?

Thanks @Taff hopefully I'll get a little more time to play and challenge you and others

@FuddledFox I was there, and we was terrible, as was the first few games, improved over the last 6 games, but again had Ruddy in nets against Scunthorpe last week, they was 0-2 up in first 10 minutes, we did really well second half, pulling it back to 2-2, then lost 3 minutes later!!!

I have young Ryan Ledson as a neighbour, quality young lad and really nice to talk to

22 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

have young Ryan Ledson as a neighbour, quality young lad and really nice to talk to

High hopes for him so good to hear he is decent guy. Decent in FMM as well.

What an impressive life mate! That's what I love about Vibe as it brings so many wonderful people together! It's amazing you have time to fit us all in haha. 

I agree playing FMM with no end goal in sight is why I've always gravitated towards the challenges as I love having that purpose to play. I genuinely can't remember the last time I just played for the sake of playing. 

Hi @Ashez, I did a little Oldham career to finish off FFM 17 to see them in the Premiership before 18 comes out, but even then, I got bored, reached the premiership, won it I think in my second season, and then stopped, plus as mentioned above I got a little busy training and work.

My next adventure will probably be in FFM 18, even working whilst typing this to you, so no joy playing until later tonight, if anybody knows the A34, it takes a lifetime to get home when your nearer Reading way and having to travel Northbound past Oxford and Abingdon :(

Impressive write up, glad to see another Manchester lad who is a keen runner. Nothing better than listening to FM podcasts whilst doing running training. I have plenty of time as I am training for the Manchester Marathon 2018. My saves for FMM 18 are going to be a bit out of the comfort zone, so playing in leagues I don't really know a lot about like South America and Northern Europe. Welcome dude.

Hey there nice intro about yourself! Really enjoyed it! You do have a very interesting and active lifestyle for someone as old as my dad! My dad wont even leave the house for exercise but there you are going scuba diving, you really are an inspirational man! Hope to see more challenges from you in FMM2018!

Cheers @Blamm FMM I think music is a big influence on how much I run, a little AC/DC now and again certainly speeds me up, a good mixture can prompt you to go the extra mile. I found the Sunday morning 15/20 mile training a little difficult sometimes as I wanted to stay in and watch the football :D

Thanks @salohcin glad to know I'm that old :D I find FFM a way of winding down, no frustrations, just enjoy it

thanks for your comments guys

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Cheers @Blamm FMM I think music is a big influence on how much I run, a little AC/DC now and again certainly speeds me up, a good mixture can prompt you to go the extra mile. I found the Sunday morning 15/20 mile training a little difficult sometimes as I wanted to stay in and watch the football :D

Thanks @salohcin glad to know I'm that old :D I find FFM a way of winding down, no frustrations, just enjoy it

thanks for your comments guys

Gots to have s bit of AC/DC although not when I’m on the school run, makes my driving a bit erratic 

5AAECE53-4469-42AE-B794-77BF63537971.gif.670f7f141133d14e2205a4e8532c198d.gif

Same age as me mate! :D

Actually I'm a bit relieved. I've only ever done that one tag team challenge, so you're my only partner ever . When I wrote my post I thought "Bloody hell, what will Cockers think when he sees I'm in my 40s, he's probably 16 or something", haha. Good thing they didn't know our ages at the time or they would have called us the golden oldies or something....

You've sure lived in a lot of places, must have a LOT of interesting stories to tell.

I used to be in IT too, done some time as a Project Manager, Service Delivery Manager, etc, though I've been purely online/digital for the last 10 years. And when I lived around Oxford (Witney, Summertown, Combe), I used to get over to Bicester every so often (and I know what the A34 is like). So lots of discussion topics if we ever get to have a beer sometime. I'm not quite as fit as you though, I have a more traditional IT worker body shape.. :laugh:

Anyway, looking forward to more of your careers with FMM 2018. Going to try a 1KC? 

@Taff can't beat a bit of AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Van Halen and Motorhead to mention some of the greats, I love driving home from work with them turned up remembering my youth, went watching Motorhead at the Hammersmith (sometime ago) for the Motorhead Motorhead concert, wow I had an headache at the end, now I stick to more conventional Keane, Prince or some of the golden oldies of the 80's/90's, can't stand the crap in the charts these days  

Hi @scratch99 your right we are the golden oldies, but who cares as long as we still enjoy the game, happy to have a beer or two if your ever in the area, vice versa if i'm ever in your neck of the woods, i've mentioned already to you my sister is in NSW about 20 mins from Sydney centre, I visited her when I was scuba diving the Barrier Reef a couple of years ago. 

I've thought about a 1KC but I'm still trying to get a winning tactic to complete the Euro challenge still, I can quite easily breeze though to Spain, but then I cannot for the life of me get beyond 70 goals needed, i've achieved 69 with a couple of strikers, but never anymore. I will see how FMM 18 pans out before working out what I have the time for, glad to here from you, hope we can pair again sometime to teach the young-uns ;)

Hi @Jens I will say they are beautiful of course I would, but it's not my Army background to worry about, their uncle is ex British Thai-Boxing champion and trainer, he's the bad-ass in the family, i'm a pussy cat compared to him :S

4 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hi @scratch99 your right we are the golden oldies, but who cares as long as we still enjoy the game, happy to have a beer or two if your ever in the area, vice versa if i'm ever in your neck of the woods, i've mentioned already to you my sister is in NSW about 20 mins from Sydney centre, I visited her when I was scuba diving the Barrier Reef a couple of years ago. 

I'm not likely to get over there any time soon, which is a shame, miss it quite a bit and I would like a beer or two. I'll get there one day I'm sure. I'm in Brisbane, not Sydney, but if you're ever over here, give us a shout!

7 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

I've thought about a 1KC but I'm still trying to get a winning tactic to complete the Euro challenge still, I can quite easily breeze though to Spain, but then I cannot for the life of me get beyond 70 goals needed, i've achieved 69 with a couple of strikers, but never anymore. I will see how FMM 18 pans out before working out what I have the time for, glad to here from you, hope we can pair again sometime to teach the young-uns ;)

The game can be so so harsh. So close but so far... Heartbreaking. But also what's great about the game - success is not guaranteed... Anyway keep going, I have no doubt you'll do it. And yeah those young-uns need some schooling alright! :D

Wait what? You get your life back with kids? How many years do i need to wait to get it back? :O

Thanks for sharing your story mate and glad you enjoy some of the stuff i do on here.

Plus i want to say thanks for serving mate! Don't think you can get enough praise for putting yourself in harmsway so we all can live a free life

Cheers @PriZe your words mean a lot to people like me, it's a job I understand, but there are times I would question anybody if they say we have it easy, but that's a different story, not for this forum!!!!

As for the kids, well, don't know who else has children as old as mine within the Vibe members, but it takes them until around 17/18 before you never see them, that's daughters and if they are dating, well see them less, as for son's, I think as I did they love their mum doing everything for them and stay as long as physically possible, if anything like me, I just played Football Manager until stupid o'clock, went to work and then got back to the football, mum did cooking, cleaning, ironing... i'm sure you will see the benefits in the future (y)