Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

FMM18: Exclusive Feature Reveal

fmm18-articles-featured.jpg

The release of Football Manager Mobile 2018 is now only days away, and excitement is starting to build for potential new features that may or may not be in the game. Over the last few months many of our members have speculated and discussed what features they want to be in the upcoming game.

One feature that is often requested is the ability for your club to build a new stadium for your squad to showcase their talents in, and for you to brag about your achievements. Many clubs over the years outgrow their stadiums or simply find that their decades-old stadium simply isn't up to the job of hosting professional football anymore.

This evening we bring you an exclusive Football Manager Mobile 2018 feature reveal thanks to our friends over at Sports Interactive. We can exclusively announce that this year as part of the FMM18 game, your club will be able to build a new stadium and as the manager, you'll even get a chance to name it - perhaps even after their greatest ever manager… you!

Stadium1.PNG

It's March 2024 and you’re doing great things at Watford but Vicarage Road is getting a little old and worn down. The club have decided that the best option is to build a nice shiny new stadium in the town which will hold 30,000 of your adoring fans. Fantastic news.

Stadium2.PNG

As manager, the board give you the choice of suggesting a name for the new stadium. You could keep things simple like New Vicarage Road, but that's a bit boring really, so why not have some fun with choosing a name?

Stadium3.PNG

Seeing yourself as a legend of the club, why shouldn’t you name the stadium after yourself? You've earned that right with the great work you have done at the club. After all, Sir Alex Ferguson may have a stand named after him at Old Trafford, but you're better than him - you deserve to have the whole stadium in your name!

Stadium4.PNG

Of course, that’s if the board go with your suggestion... perhaps they don't feel the same way as you! But why wouldn’t they go for it?! The Biggins Arena is a great name for a Stadium... You just now need to keep the success going so the club don’t regret the big decision, quite literally in your name!

It’s not yet known how you unlock and experience this feature in game, but that’s half the fun as you try to find out. I’m sure you will agree with me that this is a nice touch to the new game. It make sense for the game to reflect real life by having this feature added into the game and I know I’m looking forward to my lads running out at Fuddled Field for their first match!

We'd like to give a massive thanks to Sports Interactive for this opportunity to reveal this feature and providing the above screenshots. They will be announcing the full list of features tomorrow and we will bring you those as soon as they are announced.

FMM Vibe is the place to discuss the Football Manager Mobile 2018 game with fans just like yourself. We are a large community of Football Manager Mobile fans helping you with your Graphics, Tactics and Wonderkids needs. You can register and join in for free and share your opinions and experiences.

I'm liking the new features but for now my fav feature is the squad depth screen because I can tell immediately what tactic I could possibly play and where I need to strengthen in terms of depth or ability

Cool, seems like a nice little touch to make later years interesting. Not sure I'd want to mess with Anfield though, probly get sacked just for thinking it.

1 minute ago, akbrim said:

Cool, seems like a nice little touch to make later years interesting. Not sure I'd want to mess with Anfield though, probly get sacked just for thinking it.

You never know, that could be a hidden challenge in the game? Build a new stadium whilst managing Liverpool, name it something else, and then get sacked!

8 minutes ago, Dar J said:

I'm liking the new features but for now my fav feature is the squad depth screen because I can tell immediately what tactic I could possibly play and where I need to strengthen in terms of depth or ability

Yeah, btw been a while mate.

Now that's how you reveal a feature! Smashing work Fox! I wonder if it builds instantly or if you need to find a temporary home etc, or even if you could ground share. Very interesting. 

Panda's Lair, Fuddled Field. I wonder if we can come up with a stadium name for everyone here? 

Putzy's Plaza has a strange ring to it. Maybe more for a shopping center than a football ground, or a Pizza place with an owner who couldn't spell......

30 minutes ago, Putzy said:

Panda's Lair, Fuddled Field. I wonder if we can come up with a stadium name for everyone here? 

Putzy's Plaza has a strange ring to it. Maybe more for a shopping center than a football ground, or a Pizza place with an owner who couldn't spell......

Is Putzy's Plaza a buying club's home, or a selling club?

Got to say @FuddledFox I’m getting a bit tired of having to tell you “good job” but once again amazing work dude, fantastic write up

i agree it’s a nice little feature that could make long saves interesting, and I know teams will fear visiting the “Bunny Hole” or “The Warren” or the “Home of the Dragon riding Bunnies”

40 minutes ago, Taff said:

Got to say @FuddledFox I’m getting a bit tired of having to tell you “good job” but once again amazing work dude, fantastic write up

Please never tire of that mate your praise is the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning ?

Just want to say a huge thank you to @Stam and @Putzy for letting me write the feature reveal.

I'm liking the look of fmm18 already and I'm sure SI have more to show us yet.

29 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Bunny hole..

That's one of your Amsterdam establishments not a football stadium!

That's brilliant for any Oldham fan seeming as we lost the name of our stadium to 'mike' F'ing Ashleys empire, so I can put it back to its historical name of boundary park instead of the Sports Direct park, unless FMM hasn't amended it!!

Is there certain criteria you need to complete for it? I guess you would probably have to do something or is it a randomly generated thing? Also does anyone know if the AI will build their own stadiums? It's in FM so we could be going to the Frank Lampard stadium when we are going to play Chelsea. It would also be cool to have clubs get higher capacity stadiums with different names that we could then take over and build another over it!

Edited by Creed-Darkness
3 minutes ago, Creed-Darkness said:

Is there certain criteria you need to complete for it? I guess you would probably have to do something or is it a randomly generated thing? Also does anyone know if the AI will build their own stadiums? It's in FM so we could be going to the Frank Lampard stadium when we are going to play Chelsea. It would also be cool to have clubs get higher capacity stadiums with different names that we could then take over and build another over it!

We don't know yet but the finding out is part of the fun of a new game.

Just now, FuddledFox said:

We don't know yet but the finding out is part of the fun of a new game.

Yeh. It took me a while to find out about the manager's son too. Oh well, looking forward to building many stadiums after myself!

1 minute ago, Creed-Darkness said:

Yeh. It took me a while to find out about the manager's son too. Oh well, looking forward to building many stadiums after myself!

Might have the perfect challenge for you here.

2 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Might have the perfect challenge for you here.

Probably, I saw it earlier and thought about it. Only problem is I don't know if I would have the time or the memory to carry on doing it. Anyway I still might do it.