Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM18 - New Features

andrelotti

Has anyone noticed of this? The first new feature of FMM18 revealed earlier today, I didn't find something posted here though thus I'm creating this thread.

Nevertheless, is not about something major so hopefully is just the first of many to follow.

'There will be a Team of the Week for your league in FM Mobile 2018. This will be a best XI from the past 7 day (Monday – Sunday) out of your league and can allow you to gauge how well your team performed against your competitors. This will also be combined with a news item telling you which of your players made it – if none made it then it will pick the top performer to show you who did exceptionally well from the past week.'

What do you guys think? I'm not too excited to be honest as I was expecting something bigger as a first feature revealed.

Source: https://fmmobile.net/2017/11/06/exclusive-fmm2018-feature-reveal-team-of-the-week/

23213036_1644814718903295_2915428237109474641_o.jpg

Capture.PNG

Edited by andrelotti

If this works it'll be a nice little extra, however if it is as accurate as the current player of the month awards I'll pay it just as much attention.

Will there be a team of the year which will be retained across the seasons? That'd be good.

It's a nice addition for some but to be totally honest it isn't something I'm very interested in. That's roughly a team of the week after every game and I've played my share of those this year. Tbh I can easily see this feature being ignored by most due to the sheer repetitiveness. Team of the year would be a very nice addition tho. It's the kind of stats that I think many here enjoy looking at come end of year / season. 

Edited by BatiGoal

Well... it's something at least. Hopefully we'll learn a bit more before Friday about if this feature has any impact somewhere else on the game. As the article speculates, it's perhaps indicative of a larger awards/media presence in the game. Perhaps, it will be a bit repetitive for players like most on this forum who play longer-term games, but it's almost certainly something which will keep the casual player interested.

I think the biggest thing we can take away here is the UI though - again, it seems like we're getting a largely similar interface to the last few years. Not that it's a hugely bad thing, but it would be nice to see something new for a change...

2 hours ago, Marc Duffy said:

It is one of many. Some people running sites or Youtube accounts each have a small feature to unveil for us.

Would be nice if you guys provided some sort of a summary thread with links somewhere so we're not hunting for these articles on random websites. 

44 minutes ago, veerus said:

Would be nice if you guys provided some sort of a summary thread with links somewhere so we're not hunting for these articles on random websites. 

I'm sure that SI will have a list of these articles when they reveal the full feature list. They will want to highlight them more than anyone I guess. 

It could be a nice extra, but how many of you place any emphasis on the "hot and cold" lists of players' form? And as others have pointed out, the current player of the month awards are very... generous? I've had players win it without playing, others with one appearance, and a ranking of 6 

The recommended lists look great. That's something I didn't even bother to mention in the wishlist because I didn't think it'd be possible on FMM, but this one feature has me excited for Friday now 

Well looking pretty good so far I'd say alot more information regarding your team and while I like the free agent thing its pretty much the same as just checking the free agents page is it not? Just an extra news item to read I wouldn't need as I assume most look at the free agents anyway??

The squad depth etc is very good though but again its something you'd be able to work out yourself if you had a tiny bit of common sense you'd know if you have one decent AML you'd be lacking depth in that area so its another screen that isn't adding a great deal but visually looks cool

Oh man, the squad depth and team reports would be enough to make me buy the game.

It's such a pain when you take over a new team you know nothing about and have to try to figure out who's who and what possible formations might work. Looks like you'll be able to immediately see positional opportunities without keeping a notebook.

(y)

2 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Anyone else notice the yellow arrows from the AMs ... more tactical options?

Good shout!

In case you missed it, we also have an exclusive feature reveal over here: 

57 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

The squad depth etc is very good though but again its something you'd be able to work out yourself if you had a tiny bit of common sense you'd know if you have one decent AML you'd be lacking depth in that area so its another screen that isn't adding a great deal but visually looks cool

Of course you can click on each player and see where he can play but the squad depth view saves you time, same thing with the recommendation list because I saw where you could click to scout them all which is nice instead of clicking on each player individually to scout

Nothing wrong with quality of life improvements but I know I'm set in my ways so I wonder if I'll use these features. Like I never use coaches or scouts or any of the in game help tbf haha

these smaller features help out the casual player a lot more than us. But they can still be incredibly useful for experienced players. I know that personally, the squad depth screen will save a lot of time, as will the free agents one. Good job so far SI ?

I've been longing for squad depth for a while to help me out when I'm managing lower league teams. It's massively helpful during the transfer window as well because you can see what positions need strengthening the most

Just now, Robbrown172 said:

I've been longing for squad depth for a while to help me out when I'm managing lower league teams. It's massively helpful during the transfer window as well because you can see what positions need strengthening the most

Exactly. When combined with the Free Transfer recommendations, this will make familiarization with lower league squads much quicker.

3 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Anyone else notice the yellow arrows from the AMs ... more tactical options?

Just watched the video again.

Also noticed that the two CB and all three AMs have slightly different shaped icons (backward arrow and forward arrows respectively). The rest of the team have standard rectangle shapes. 

*Check out the suggested 11 section*

Again, a hint of tactical options or just graphical changes?

Edited by Thepremiermanager