Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM18: Feature List and Screenshots

Putzy

51 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Wtf is this

Have you got a save please? This looks like there is an invalid happiness type.

That's hilliarously stupid :D 

Serious question can other animals come up? Please tell me there is a chance we can be suggested to buy Sterling a snake? Or something for us dog people :P. Are pets the only gift? What if a pet doesn't work?

Do these pet purchases impact our budget? Do we get pet updates? Do they get names? Lmao. Buying pets for our players, whatever next. 

I love it haha

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's hilliarously stupid :D 

Serious question can other animals come up? Please tell me there is a chance we can be suggested to buy Sterling a snake? Or something for us dog people :P. Are pets the only gift? What if a pet doesn't work?

Do these pet purchases impact our budget? Do we get pet updates? Do they get names? Lmao. Buying pets for our players, whatever next. 

I love it haha

Sterling a snake ? absolute quality :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The up and down arrows left of the player's name sounded like a great idea. However, I expected (reasonably I think) that the scrolling order would correspond with whichever list you were using. For example, if I sorted my team sheet according to position, it would go CD-CD-CD-LB etc... Or it would move through my shortlist in order etc... 

I haven't found anyway to arrange the order. It just goes through whichever team the player belongs to in alphabetical order. In other words, it is completely useless. It's not major, no, but combine it with the obvious increase in latency (time between button press and info displaying) from this year's iteration, and it seems like a missed opportunity. One for the first patch? 

@Alari

I thought the exact same thing about those arrows tbh 

Pretty pointless and something no one will use surely? Can't think of a use for it other than maybe scrolling through a team looking for regens 

35 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

I thought the exact same thing about those arrows tbh 

Pretty pointless and something no one will use surely? Can't think of a use for it other than maybe scrolling through a team looking for regens

Even then you would probably just filter by age. I wonder if it is actually a bug because I just can't fathom how it would be intended to work like this. If it isn't, I just hope there aren't so many fires to fight they can't get around to it for patch 1. Judging by the bug thread, I'm not hopeful. 

6 minutes ago, Putzy said:

Thank you very much! I always thought I needed a computer or something. Also by save ďo they mean I have it saved where it happened or just my save in general on which it Happened?

Edited by Jamie1709
18 hours ago, Prevalence said:

The up and down arrows left of the player's name sounded like a great idea. However, I expected (reasonably I think) that the scrolling order would correspond with whichever list you were using. For example, if I sorted my team sheet according to position, it would go CD-CD-CD-LB etc... Or it would move through my shortlist in order etc... 

I haven't found anyway to arrange the order. It just goes through whichever team the player belongs to in alphabetical order. In other words, it is completely useless. It's not major, no, but combine it with the obvious increase in latency (time between button press and info displaying) from this year's iteration, and it seems like a missed opportunity. One for the first patch? 

@Alari

This is as intended at present to be honest. Useful scouting tool if you want to scroll through players at an AI club especially. What we do want to do is bring it to the other player screens so you can scroll through the personal pages, for instance.

9 hours ago, Alari said:

This is as intended at present to be honest. Useful scouting tool if you want to scroll through players at an AI club especially. What we do want to do is bring it to the other player screens so you can scroll through the personal pages, for instance.

I’d like it if you could scroll through players on “Player Search” using the buttons (or perhaps implement a swipe up/down?) so that you don’t have to go back to the search results each time? 

10 hours ago, Alari said:

The kitten is already fixed in 9.0.1, no save needed.

Couldn't you have kept it in? Can you shed some light on to why it was put in? Someone playing a joke? Sorry just curios that's all, thanks. 

Edited by Jamie1709
12 hours ago, Alari said:

The kitten is already fixed in 9.0.1, no save needed.

For every new patch can we have another invalid happiness type?

Whoever sneaked that in is a legend!

5 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

For every new patch can we have another invalid happiness type?

Whoever sneaked that in is a legend!

I hope they don't fire the guy who did that, hopefully they see it as a bit of fun, I'm sure they will.

2 minutes ago, FMH Skill said:

I hope they don't fire the guy who did that, hopefully they see it as a bit of fun, I'm sure they will.

Was likely just a test they forgot to remove. 

18 hours ago, Alari said:

I wouldn't personally do this, but I can't speak for everyone. Looking for young players/ regens, I would normally set the filter by age and one strong key attribute (like shooting for a striker). Then just go through the results. I'm almost always looking for something specific and trawling through each team just wouldn't be efficient.

Personal screens might be more useful, but I think adapting it for context filtering (as I first stated) would be most useful.

Personal info could do with being condensed. There is a lot of unused space in some of the screens; I appreciate that not everyone has a high resolution screen, so it might not be a commercially feasible idea.

However, it would be good to have the following information in one screen: attributes, footedness, position, role,  Age, personality tag, player preferred moves (all and not requiring changing roles to view) and scouting distinct info ('thrives in the big matches' etc...).

Perhaps you could have the original style screens, but allow a 'condensed' mode in the options. I would shrink the portrait, convert the attribute text into icons (e. g. A boot picture for shooting), and reduce the size of the pitch-position diagram to achieve this. 

There is just so much digging through menus to evaluate each player. 

On a positive note, I think it is absolutely brilliant that the developers are engaging with the community. My suggestions can be taken on board or ignored, and that is okay - I still enjoy the game. It just means the world that they might actually be considered! ?

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

Was likely just a test they forgot to remove. 

It was a default text for if an unhappiness type was invalid so that it would be noticed. It has been noticed so now we've fixed the issue causing the invalid unhappiness type! No need to fire anyone.

3 hours ago, Alari said:

It was a default text for if an unhappiness type was invalid so that it would be noticed. It has been noticed so now we've fixed the issue causing the invalid unhappiness type! No need to fire anyone.

Lol, i thought it was a joke but sadly not haha