Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Olá, I'm Archie Graveluth

Archie Graveluth

Hello, is it me you're looking for? I can see it in your eyes...

So lets make this quick. My name isn't Archibald but I guess you can say this topic came back from the Grave. My real name is Miguel, I'm Portuguese, 36 yo (since last Sunday) and I used to be very active here in Vibe but since being a father (of a beautiful almost 2 yo princess named Ana like her mother) my game time declined abruptly. Also got into reading a lot of Marvel/DC comics, fiction and non-fiction books and I got myself a Nintendo Switch so that didn't help as well.

Professionally, I have a masters degree in Electrical Engineering and I work for the biggest utility company in Portugal.

Regarding sports, I support FC Porto so I usually only play with them and if I start a challenge (last ones I did I didn't post them) it will be with them. Actually, there's an exception. I like to climb up the ranks so I usually pick a newly promoted team to the Conference North/South and bring them up the ladders. This year I don't know which team to play that side career with because being newly promoted isn't the only factor I take into consideration. I usually have to like the logo and team colours (you can call me a weirdo if you want) so I could play with Salford again.

How I play the game? I tend to play it as realistically as possible. I don't check iScouts (or tend to avoid them) and I don't want to know CA or PA. Takes the fun out of the game. Exploring is always the better option. And if I want a player but have to spend a bazillion euros...I prefer to go with the cheap (sometimes free!) option.

Anyway, I think that's enough. I'll be happy to answer any questions that may rise.

PS: Alfie sucks.

Archie! I've missed you buddy. I still think fondly of our joint 'ruin Chelsea as best we can' save. Good times.

Hit me up on the Switch ;) 

Hi Miguel,

I can definitely relate to game time declining since becoming a father, but it's perfectly understandable. After all, family always comes first.

FCP should be fun to manage as they always seem to have talented youth you can develop into world class players. 

Like you, I also enjoy LLM and tend to pick teams based on their colors (has to have red) and logo.

19 minutes ago, Stam said:

Hi Miguel,

I can definitely relate to game time declining since becoming a father, but it's perfectly understandable. After all, family always comes first.

FCP should be fun to manage as they always seem to have talented youth you can develop into world class players. 

Like you, I also enjoy LLM and tend to pick teams based on their colors (has to have red) and logo.

And you still go for Olympiakos? ;) 

7 minutes ago, Jens said:

And you still go for Olympiakos? ;) 

I avoid managing the team I support. I prefer English lower league sides. I've had some glorious FM saves with Weymouth, Histon, Redditch Utd and Derby County :) 

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Archie! I've missed you buddy. I still think fondly of our joint 'ruin Chelsea as best we can' save. Good times.

Hit me up on the Switch ;) 

Those were the days. Send me your friend code :P 

1 hour ago, Stam said:

Hi Miguel,

Hey, nobody is perfect! 

FCP in real life is going through troubled times. We haven't won the league in 4 years and a bunch of bad management decisions resulted in a decline in our finances. Our squad this year has close to no depth, to name one of our problems. I actually hope that in game this is reflected with insecure finances (we failed the financial fair play this year).

Hey Grave, always good to see you about :). 

Firstly happy belated birthday! Secondly she's almost two already, It really doesn't feel that long ago! Yikes! 

My Switch code was posted recently in the Nintendo thread if that's of interest ;)

I have to admit I laughed a little when I read your plans for 2018, you never change haha! I haven't had a good save in Portugal for ages but I often dabble with FCP still. Do you still have Quintero? How's he developed etc? Was Silva replaced? Talking about Portuguese football I also have to enquire how Barbosa is getting on? 

Lmao, leave Alfie out of this ;). Your most heated rival is 14 next month but he hardly plays FMM anymore unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Hey Grave, always good to see you about :). 

Firstly happy belated birthday! Secondly she's almost two already, It really doesn't feel that long ago! Yikes! 

My Switch code was posted recently in the Nintendo thread if that's of interest ;)

I have to admit I laughed a little when I read your plans for 2018, you never change haha! I haven't had a good save in Portugal for ages but I often dabble with FCP still. Do you still have Quintero? How's he developed etc? Was Silva replaced? Talking about Portuguese football I also have to enquire how Barbosa is getting on? 

Lmao, leave Alfie out of this ;). Your most heated rival is 14 next month but he hardly plays FMM anymore unfortunately. 

Nice to see you to, Ashley Simpson. Can you point me to that thread? 

When some plans are perfect, why change? :P As for Quintero I believe we sold him, finally. He always promised but never delivered. We brought back Aboubakar who was on loan at Besiktas and Marega, who was also on loan. Both have 22 goals this season, which isn't bad. 

Barbosa has played in 4 games, for a total of 148 minutes and scored 1 goal. A-MA-ZING.

As for Alfie...good. He sucked. Tell him that. I win.

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Nice to meet you dude, hope to see more from you inFMM 18

Nice to meet you too.

1 hour ago, Archie Graveluth said:

Nice to see you to, Ashley Simpson. Can you point me to that thread? 

When some plans are perfect, why change? :P As for Quintero I believe we sold him, finally. He always promised but never delivered. We brought back Aboubakar who was on loan at Besiktas and Marega, who was also on loan. Both have 22 goals this season, which isn't bad. 

Barbosa has played in 4 games, for a total of 148 minutes and scored 1 goal. A-MA-ZING.

As for Alfie...good. He sucked. Tell him that. I win.

Nice to meet you too.

My code: SW-0203-0316-4538. The thread is near the top of off topic and you've commented in it before :P 

We've discussed Porto so much over the years! Knowing you you'll start a save, sign loads of wonder kids then bin the save and start again as it's not Porto anymore :P 

I still have a soft spot for Quintero after how godly he was in 2014 lol. Stopped using him though as he wouldn't retrain to CM the last time I wanted to use him. 

That's not a bad return at all, I think we've been linked to Marega on and off over the last year for some reason. 

Such a shame to see Barbosa struggling :(. Mad to think he was always better than Jesus on FMM but Jesus is smashing it currently. 

I'll pass on the message :P