Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM18 Bug List

samhardy

Please report any bugs you come across in the new game in this thread.

Spotting and reporting them early will help SI iron them out which will help us in the process. I'll add any bugs that are found to this OP and will update it as time goes on.

Remember to keep in mind that it is useful for SI to be provided with a save from before the bug occurs if that is possible.

• Experiences of game crashing during loading leagues + looking through free agents list
  • Once a reserve team player in on loan has been promoted they can't be demoted back
  • Some transfer/loan-listed players are randomly taken off the list
  • Oddities in player rating when holidaying matches
  • Confirmation of transfers reappearing repetitively
  • Player history missing from certain seasons
  • Clubs buying players from their 'B' team
  • Board confidence low despite performing above expectations
  • DMC's still getting lower ratings than the rest of the team
  • Board not happy because of youth players being promoted
  • Some auto saves don't load
  • Commentary says a team has won the game even when they haven't

Updated 17/11/17

One thing I would like to say - we'll monitor things here of course but it does help a lot to post bugs on our forums as well as we have a system for tracking them with tags and prefixes that makes it more likely that nothing gets overlooked.

I'll just leave a little link here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/298-football-manager-mobile-technical-help-and-bugs-forum/

Good point Alari. Although if memory serves me correctly the stamina bug mightve taken much longer to come to light if we hadnt been discussing it here and proven it was an issue that needed to be raised with you guys

I hate having to be the one that starts this thread, but the game is crashing right after I have selected the leagues. I had chosen Korea, MLS, England and Spain, below the 15000 players mark. I have a Moto G4 with the last version of Android available. 

11 minutes ago, Guille said:

I hate having to be the one that starts this thread, but the game is crashing right after I have selected the leagues. I had chosen Korea, MLS, England and Spain, below the 15000 players mark. I have a Moto G4 with the last version of Android available. 

Can you try to reboot the device, please?

Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but I'm sure it didn't do this in previous games. When offering a player for transfer, it also puts them on the transfer list.. There morale goes way down as soon as I do it. Offering to loan is fine and they don't get put on the loan list. 

16 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but I'm sure it didn't do this in previous games. When offering a player for transfer, it also puts them on the transfer list.. There morale goes way down as soon as I do it. Offering to loan is fine and they don't get put on the loan list. 

This is debatable - but arguably you should have a tick box to choose this. Will look into it.

37 minutes ago, Alari said:

Can you try to reboot the device, please?

I did that but it crashed again. I went back to start a save for a second time after the reboot and got it to work. The only thing I changed was adding an extra division in one of the leagues rather than using the default ones. 

1 hour ago, JonDoe said:

It seem they have implemented FM style . This used to happen on FM pc ... when u offer a player for transfer he is deemed as unwanted player & so the game put them on transfer list .

although there is also a tick box to choose whether to put that player on transfer list or not (on FM-PC)

Edited by Nick11
2 minutes ago, Guille said:

I did that but it crashed again. I went back to start a save for a second time after the reboot and got it to work. The only thing I changed was adding an extra division in one of the leagues rather than using the default ones. 

Not seeing this here with the combination you chose I'm afraid.

45 minutes ago, Alari said:

This is debatable - but arguably you should have a tick box to choose this. Will look into it.

44 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

It seem they have implemented FM style . This used to happen on FM pc ... when u offer a player for transfer he is deemed as unwanted player & so the game put them on transfer list .

although there is also a tick box to choose whether to put that player on transfer list or not .

I'm not sure where the tick box is supposed to be, I've included a screenshot of the offer player screen. 

Again, it really isn't a major issue, so I hope you still get your pint. 

Screenshot_20171110-031352.png

4 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

I'm not sure where the tick box is supposed to be, I've included a screenshot of the offer player screen. 

Again, it really isn't a major issue, so I hope you still get your pint. 

Screenshot_20171110-031352.png

I'm suggesting we should implement a tick box here, would be a nice option - there isn't one yet.

Hi there, I found a bug not sure if any of u have it, I attempted to purchase a player and at the last minute I backed out, but I can't bid for the player anymore and it even states I have an existing bid. I tried to buy giovinco for 30m yes an overpay because I had competition, so at the last min I cancel it and I want to rebid but was unable, it even showed I bid 15 m which I didn't, 

Screenshot_20171110-115415.png

50 minutes ago, Onyedikachi said:

Anyone knows if there's a buy-back clause in the new game? really want it. 

Doesn't look like there is one, no. But you do have the possibility to loan-back straight after transfer completion. 

Btw please use this thread for bug reports only. For inquiries go to the FMM18 General Discussion thread , thanks. 

Edited by BatiGoal

I have noticed on transfers I was in a bidding war with another club, fee agreed and then offered the player a contract, then no notification to say the player has signed for another club? This has happened twice now.

Also agreed a fee to sign a player, contract offered and then again nothing, the player got injured and transfer got cancelled but no notification to tell me that?

Anyone else noticed it?

I've had a crash looking through the expired contract players. Strange since I had only just fired up the game. Didn't happen on a second try though.

14 minutes ago, Jens said:

I've had a crash looking through the expired contract players. Strange since I had only just fired up the game. Didn't happen on a second try though.

Was this at the end of the first season?

37 minutes ago, Dje said:

I have noticed on transfers I was in a bidding war with another club, fee agreed and then offered the player a contract, then no notification to say the player has signed for another club? This has happened twice now.

Also agreed a fee to sign a player, contract offered and then again nothing, the player got injured and transfer got cancelled but no notification to tell me that?

Anyone else noticed it?

This is odd. What filter do you have your news feed on?

3 hours ago, PaulyNapoli said:

I’m not sure if it counts as a bug but right at the start of the game lots of managers have switched clubs (most notably David Wagner going to USA National team) It is just a bit annoying for realism sake. Considering I selected for no budgets to start, would be good if no managers moved

This is an unfortunate consequence of teams sacking their managers just before we released. Not much we can do about it as these positions need to be filled by someone. However Wagner giving up a Premier League job for the USMNT job seems a bit unlikely. Will ask for this to be tweaked.

(Oops sorry for the double post!)

Edited by aligempf
Just now, Dje said:

Not changed the filter just left it to default settings?

Ok should be club then. I'll look into it. Thanks for bringing it up.

8 minutes ago, aligempf said:

Was this at the end of the first season?

No, start of the very first season in MLS.

Also, no more Pirlo, which is strange since he retired at the end of the season :( 

4 minutes ago, Jens said:

No, start of the very first season in MLS.

Also, no more Pirlo, which is strange since he retired at the end of the season :( 

Cool, cool. Which team, NYCFC? Will spend some time trying to reproduce.

Surprised Pirlo isn't in but might be due to his retirement. Will ask about that too.

1) If I once promote loan player in B-team, I cannot demote him back.

It happened to my Vitinho.

2) ATM’s Diego Costa is available in start of the game.

In reality, he can play after winter.

3) transfer/loan listed checkbox is not fixed.

I listed some players but after few days... they become unchecked.

I’m playing with Iphone6

1 minute ago, ShFmm said:

1) If I once promote loan player in B-team, I cannot demote him back.

It happened to my Vitinho.

This is a known issue.

1 minute ago, ShFmm said:

2) ATM’s Diego Costa is available in start of the game.

In reality, he can play after winter.

Unfortunately, we don't currently support player restrictions so he will be available for them from the start.

3 minutes ago, ShFmm said:

3) transfer/loan listed checkbox is not fixed.

I listed some players but after few days... they become unchecked.

We're looking into this.

Thanks for letting us know about these :)

Hi

First time poster/long time browser here ?

First of all just want to say I loved last year’s game and even with its little niggles, found it an extremely immersive game with just the right amount of depth and realism. This year looks to be a massive improvement again, thanks SI!

One issue that I found slightly annoying in last year’s game however was the sheer amount of injuries in AI v AI games. More often than not whenever I checked on an all-AI match summary there would be at least one ‘proper’ injury (sometimes 2 or even 3) usually ruling a player out for anything between 2 weeks and 2 months. I was hoping this would be fixed in FMM 18 but having simmed through a few weeks as unemployed this morning, it looks as though the problem is still there.

Now in itself this doesn’t appear to be a massive issue as it happens in games that don’t involve the human player, but it does have knock on effects which tend to handicap the AI going forward and can quickly snowball. For example, AI teams with smaller squads will often use players in wrong positions as cover, they will be forced to use players that are barely fit enough to play a half a game (i.e. 70-80% condition) and even the top scorer charts suffer as the AI’s best forwards often face a few spells on the sidelines during a season, resulting in lower totals across all competitions. 

Another problem I found in FMM 17 (which may be linked) was the conditioning of AI players compared to human managed players. I found it easy to get my players to 95-100% condition for every game (even during the hectic Christmas period in England) yet the AI would struggle to get theirs to anything over 90%, especially if they had played a game 3 or 4 days earlier - and we’re talking top players with stamina of 15+. When checking AI squads straight after their simmed games the conditions of their players would typically be anywhere between 30-60%, yet my team straight after a game would be more around 70-80%. I’m not saying players should be 95-100% a few days after playing 90 mins but there should definitely be a better balance between AI and human teams. I’ve not played enough of FMM 18 yet to know if this is still an issue but will keep an eye out.

Ultimately I found that these problems often took away from the challenge of pitting my team and tactics against the AI, as they were frequently left with a somewhat broken squad to choose from and would visibly fade in the second half if they’d started the game with already tired players. It was a shame as beating a top team with a fairly average side always felt a little bit hollow and not really won on merit… 

This did start off as a quick post looks like I’ve rambled a fair bit!!