Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM18 Bug List

samhardy

9 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Just take pictures at the end of each season and you can do the maths manually. 

Yeah could do thanks, hopefully more seasons won’t disappear.

Noticed that the build new stadium doesn’t work or doesn’t save. 

Had the event to move to a. New stadium, choose the name and all, it stayed for the first like year / 2? Now the name has reverted but the stadium Size has stayed the same? 

I have acreenshots attached for review.

7F111961-87C3-4759-938B-F1ED6B785418.jpeg

2DCF3348-F66E-4B8A-B3C5-62F2B065469A.jpeg

151B834B-8F95-4BEC-9F83-B2B9EFDB5B37.jpeg

1F5D1A76-F8A9-40ED-88D4-3DDDDD805A4F.jpeg

6415A61B-C12A-4C03-8536-D2C2BBFAFAB3.jpeg

4F8B73DB-B6D8-414A-AF6C-9DAFBAA4AA40.jpeg

D0DBEA49-3A71-4268-976C-B253FA4BCD76.jpeg

8B21CD5F-5238-4AEB-93BA-6C2235CFF255.jpeg

DEEB2C81-004A-4D2D-AE11-DDD91C4C8EAC.jpeg

Are we sure that there being so many goals was actually a bug? If your team is too attack minded, and your defence not organised properly, matches would end up like a basketball game with both sides just taking turns to attack, until they either score, or shoot off target 

My first save was a mess, and I restarted after two successive 5-5 draws, followed by an 8-5 defeat. It turned out, that, as I mentioned, I just hadn't paid attention to the defence. 

Since then, although there are some bad games, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, my team conceded 31 goals in 38 league matches, whereas in my first save, they'd conceded 41 in the first 14

People post screen shots of their team conceding massive amounts, but the AI teams goals conceded column is pretty much what you'd expect in a real life campaign, which again, suggests to me that it's a problem with our tactics at times, and not with the match engine 

The old tactical options were far too restricting, and I think that the new options are working almost too well, but will level out as people get used to what style they want to set up 

Edited by SaintPaul

Another possible transfer / messaging bug:

Origi is transfer listed (as a side issue, he is valued at 16m but when i made an enquiry about him, they said they would accept £2.5 million! And they did, but player rejected me). As you can see on the screenshot, Liverpool received a bid from Vallecano, however the next day the news item suggests Liverpool themselves have bid for him! I also think the title of the news item is wrong (no bid has been rejected?)

fm18origi.png.b71506de06bb402624803f73f92b6902.png

Edited by TedB86
14 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Are we sure that there being so many goals was actually a bug? If your team is too attack minded, and your defence not organised properly, matches would end up like a basketball game with both sides just taking turns to attack, until they either score, or shoot off target 

My first save was a mess, and I restarted after two successive 5-5 draws, followed by an 8-5 defeat. It turned out, that, as I mentioned, I just hadn't paid attention to the defence. 

Since then, although there are some bad games, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, my team conceded 31 goals in 38 league matches, whereas in my first save, they'd conceded 41 in the first 14

People post screen shots of their team conceding massive amounts, but the AI teams goals conceded column is pretty much what you'd expect in a real life campaign, which again, suggests to me that it's a problem with our tactics at times, and not with the match engine 

The problem would be with the AI,they just made them a bit duller this year.??‍♂️

16 hours ago, craigibhoy said:

Im getting this save error, but the thing is I haven't touched anything, the auto saves work fine but I want to create a club and this means that my create a club becomes auto save and will no longer be able to load my main game.

I don't want to start again as im top with Edinburgh City :D

Screenshot_2017-11-14-18-02-23.png

Can you send this save in for us to take a look at? Do any of the other saves load properly?

1 hour ago, sduncan0312 said:

Noticed that the build new stadium doesn’t work or doesn’t save. 

Had the event to move to a. New stadium, choose the name and all, it stayed for the first like year / 2? Now the name has reverted but the stadium Size has stayed the same? 

I have acreenshots attached for review.

7F111961-87C3-4759-938B-F1ED6B785418.jpeg

2DCF3348-F66E-4B8A-B3C5-62F2B065469A.jpeg

151B834B-8F95-4BEC-9F83-B2B9EFDB5B37.jpeg

1F5D1A76-F8A9-40ED-88D4-3DDDDD805A4F.jpeg

6415A61B-C12A-4C03-8536-D2C2BBFAFAB3.jpeg

4F8B73DB-B6D8-414A-AF6C-9DAFBAA4AA40.jpeg

D0DBEA49-3A71-4268-976C-B253FA4BCD76.jpeg

8B21CD5F-5238-4AEB-93BA-6C2235CFF255.jpeg

DEEB2C81-004A-4D2D-AE11-DDD91C4C8EAC.jpeg

Have you expanded your ground already? I assume so as The Enclosed Ground only has a capacity of 3004. The wait for it is to expected, it has to be built after all ;)

19 minutes ago, aligempf said:

Have you expanded your ground already? I assume so as The Enclosed Ground only has a capacity of 3004. The wait for it is to expected, it has to be built after all ;)

I haven’t actually! That was it upgraded, but it just hasn’t kept its new name? 

1 minute ago, sduncan0312 said:

I haven’t actually! That was it upgraded, but it just hasn’t kept its new name? 

Ah I see, I somehow got the order of the screenshots mixed up. Will look into this, thanks for bringing it up. Did you unlock the stadium naturally or buy the IAP?

5 minutes ago, aligempf said:

Ah I see, I somehow got the order of the screenshots mixed up. Will look into this, thanks for bringing it up. Did you unlock the stadium naturally or buy the IAP?

Apologise’s that my bad, don’t think I put them up in the correct order! So that didn’t help! 

It was a natural discovery/event? Not sure what triggers it? I assume it’s long service at the one club? 

59 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

The old tactical options were far too restricting, and I think that the new options are working almost too well, but will level out as people get used to what style they want to set up 

IT's definately a bug. Scorelines are ridiculous no matter what tactical approach is taken. AI generated scores seems to be doing fine, but match engine is being the problem here it seems. 

I thought tactical changes doesn't change matches, outcomes much. Or that's how I have felt it

37 minutes ago, aligempf said:

Can you send this save in for us to take a look at? Do any of the other saves load properly?

Can I send this on my phone? Laptop is in for repair. I tried another save(creat a club) and that is fine.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, sduncan0312 said:

Apologise’s that my bad, don’t think I put them up in the correct order! So that didn’t help! 

It was a natural discovery/event? Not sure what triggers it? I assume it’s long service at the one club? 

Ok, we'll take a look. Thanks for letting us know about it.

4 minutes ago, craigibhoy said:

Can I send this on my phone? Laptop is in for repair. I tried another save(creat a club) and that is fine.

Thanks.

If you're on Android, you might be able to do it. The file is in the Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager Mobile 2018/normal/games folder and you may be able to send it in here: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new .

Unfortunately it might not even be possible on Android.

5 minutes ago, aligempf said:

Ok, we'll take a look. Thanks for letting us know about it.

If you're on Android, you might be able to do it. The file is in the Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager Mobile 2018/normal/games folder and you may be able to send it in here: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new .

Unfortunately it might not even be possible on Android.

I can't seem to find the normal folder.

Screenshot_2017-11-15-11-00-52.png

1 minute ago, craigibhoy said:

I can't seem to find the normal folder.

Screenshot_2017-11-15-11-00-52.png

That file path at the top seems to be a different place? Should be in the phone's Documents folder.

2 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

Starting to think this may be the case myself.. at first I was getting a lot of goals but this is possibly because I'd taken charge of a team I knew nothing about (Reggiana in Serie C) and coupled with the new tactical options, maybe I wasn't using the players in the right way to begin with.

Now that I'm halfway through the first season and know a bit more about the team's strengths and weaknesses, I think I've found a set up that works for the current crop of players which in turn gives more realistic scorelines. Although the team is capable of scoring a fair few when playing a more open game (as most teams probably are IRL), I've found that the space this creates does more harm than good as the defence struggles to cope with the added pressure it invites from the opposition. As a result I was often on the wrong end of 3-2s and 4-3s early in the season. Also, being in the Serie C, the players don't quite have the attributes to be playing a high tempo passing game so I've almost had to go back to basics and put defence first.

I suppose this would transfer to real life games in the sense that if everyone played with an open attacking mentality then there would be more crazy scorelines, but you've got to play to your strengths and/or nullify the opposition. 

It seems obvious to me that the tactical overhaul and the scorelines 'issue' are linked - maybe we just need to think about our tactics a little more carefully this year?

This is just me attempting to apply logic.... could be a genuine problem after all!

Edited by Twister045

Couple of small issues...seasons disappearing from a player's history (as per screenshot), and 'offering to clubs' automatically transfer listing players

EDIT:  He scored 43 in 40 iirc.  What a legend

Screenshot_20171114-173553.png

Edited by Quinnbo
Ollie Pearce deserved more credit

Do people not read comments in this thread or do they just comment? Even after the problem has an answer people are still moaning about the same thing... 

55 minutes ago, Quinnbo said:

Couple of small issues...seasons disappearing from a player's history (as per screenshot), and 'offering to clubs' automatically transfer listing players

EDIT:  He scored 43 in 40 iirc.  What a legend

Screenshot_20171114-173553.png

Noticed that myself. Not sure if it’s mean to happen that way or not? The offering players automatically listing them, that’s is. 

11 minutes ago, sduncan0312 said:

Noticed that myself. Not sure if it’s mean to happen that way or not? The offering players automatically listing them, that’s is. 

This is currently by design, but we're looking into adding a tick box so the user can decide whether to list the player or not.

On 14/11/2017 at 10:23, aligempf said:

Can either you or @JoeSnowUK send the save in to https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new saying that player selection isn't working so we can take a look at it please? Would help as we haven't seen this internally.

Just tried uploading the save, 34mb, maximum allowed is 20mb

Edited by JoeSnowUK
2 hours ago, sharaziuk said:

Do people not read comments in this thread or do they just comment? Even after the problem has an answer people are still moaning about the same thing... 

I doubt anyone (myself included) would read a 12 page thread to see whether a particular bug has been reported or not.  

1 hour ago, aligempf said:

This is currently by design, but we're looking into adding a tick box so the user can decide whether to list the player or not.

Thanks for clarifying Aligempf (y)

11 hours ago, johnvibe77 said:

The high scoreline issue still persist .. but game doesn't crashes anymore and no transfer loop issue anymore.

Have you tried the 9.0.2 update? 

1 hour ago, aligempf said:

Thanks for the claryification on this! 

5 minutes ago, Zanders1993 said:

Have you tried the 9.0.2 update? 

Is 9.0.2 out on IOS yet? Or is it also a rolling update like Android? 

9 minutes ago, sduncan0312 said:

Thanks for the claryification on this! 

Is 9.0.2 out on IOS yet? Or is it also a rolling update like Android? 

There's no 9.0.2 on iOS as yet. We're working a 9.0.3 update that will roll in the 9.0.2 fixes into.