Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Five Stripes Forever - A career with Atlanta United

akbrim

vvp3rtN.png

This year, with MLS coming to FMM18, the opportunity to take the reins of my birth-city club is too much temptation to resist.

I'll try to give a window into how SI has implemented the unique financial structures of MLS (assuming they do so).

Key players to watch:

lEW4GAP.jpg

Miguel Almiron

A young, potentially elite #10 who's already getting sniffed around by the likes of both Milanese clubs as well as Newcastle and Arsenal, "Miggy Smiles" is the lynchpin of ATLUFC's attack. The Paraguayan makes it look easy, instantly drawing the eye of even the most inexperienced football viewer.

rzCtUrI.jpg

Josef Martinez

The Five Stripes brought in Josef from Torino as the primary attacker in their pressing, direct-to-goal 4-2-3-1 formation. Diminutive, yet dynamite with both feet and head, Martinez broke the MLS record for goals per 90min with 1.12, scoring 19 goals in only 20 appearances. His season was interrupted midway as a leg injury caused by a poor surface in International play (Venezuela) forced him out of the lineup for more than 2 months.

vhMTMUY.jpg

Carlos Carmona

The Chilean BBM acts as a bit of an enforcer for Atlanta, dropping deep and diving into tackles as needed, while occasional letting rip from deep. While his primary duties in attack seem to be "Get the ball to Miggy", Carmona can handle himself well on the ball if needed.

OvwuGXQ.jpg

Brad Guzan

A midseason acquisition from Middlesbrough, Guzan struggled through his last few season in England, leading some in Atlanta to question his value. Those same doubters were quickly won over as the USMNT Keeper recorded shutout after shutout, proving that sometimes a change of scenery is all you need. He'll never be De Gea or Buffon, but he's one of the best keepers in MLS, and you'll have a hard budget to maintain.

To quote the supporters section: "He's big! He's bald! He's like a F*&KIN WALL! Brad GUZAAAAAAN!"

vWyqsfv.jpg

Leandro Gonzalez Pirez

A textbook BPD, the Argentine Centerback sometimes gets a little further forward than the supporters might feel comfortable with, but with good pace and normally great instincts and aggression, Pirez is a fan favorite anchoring the back line.

WONDERKID

ECaj06k.jpg

Andrew Carelton

No preview would be complete without mentioning the chance to mentor the 17 year-old Wonderkid that is Atlanta's Homegrown Andrew Carelton. One of the most promising youngsters the US has to offer is from just outside Atlanta, and was signed to a Homegrown contract after coming up out of the academy (Homegrown contracts don't count fully against the salary cap!!!). Many expect him to become the next Cristian Pulisic, and while that might be a bit too much to put on the young ginger's shoulders, it's certainly possible that the winger could develop into something truly special.

Consider this both a preview of the Five Stripes, as well as the beginning of my career... More to come once the game is released!

Edited by akbrim
2 hours ago, phila said:

Why are they called 5 stripes? Their kit looks like it only has 3 stripes

If you look at the logo, there are 3 red and 2 black stripes for a total of 5.

Also, Atlanta United FC is a terrible name, so we needed something better ? 

Finally finished my first season.

Here's a look at some of what happened:

3vaF0Aw.png

Awww yissss, won it all.

As I suspected, the combo of Almiron and Martinez was too much for MLS to handle.

BlWF0eo.png

Goals came frequently, but keeping them out was also a struggle, as Atlanta's backline has a lot of old horses that don't always do what you would like them to do.

Also, as a side note, it's gotta be a bug, but the board was very cranky to say the least. I ran away with the league, and here's what I got:

D8nL81T.png

More to come as I get screenshots organized.

Here's a look at the players I highlighted in the first post:

MeGwwwL.png

Halfway through the season, pouring in goals, he started complaining about moving. Ended up selling him after the season.

cJxO55k.png

Pretty nice development, and a nose for the goal, I wish I could have gotten more for him, but the market just wasn't there in January.

9diKrOa.png

mcCZvqY.png

zdl7mli.png

Developed pretty nicely, and was the creative driver of the attack.

EyqsHpp.png

xCO1ypT.png

Nothing flashy here, but played solidly nearly every game. Getting up there in age, but hopefully has another season or two left.

0WEAS68.png

DTns7ln.png

The young anchor of the back line developed well, played constantly, and thankfully has been ignored by the European buyers thus far.

kPAyhGX.png

NssMSN3.png

Guzan was steady, if unspectacular. We let in a lot of goals early in the year, but I'd put that more on the manager and the back line putting him on an island sometimes.

eaNvQOQ.png

Pavon was too tempting to pass on at 5.5mil, and I got an out of the blue 48.5mil offer from Everton after the season.

Too good to pass up, given that it's triple what my budget was last year.

wegWsrr.png

Year end stats. I was super happy with the team overall, and now the rebuilding must take place, as Josef and Pavon are gone, with Atletico Madrid sniffing around Villalba, and Miggy likely headed to Marseilles (33mil rumor, no offer yet).

One player for you MLS players to check out:

cTBBmxe.png

kjum0Jo.png

Signed on a free, and played Left Back for me most of the year, as those are tough to come by.

7.45 rating, out of position, bombing forward and having to track back. 10/10 free signing.

Not a bad start winning everything in your first season at the club. Some nice players too in your squad. Always had a weak for players who're able to play in both FB positions as it gives you so many extra options. 

Invest the cash you got for Pavon and bring on season 2. 

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

Not a bad start winning everything in your first season at the club. Some nice players too in your squad. Always had a weak for players who're able to play in both FB positions as it gives you so many extra options. 

Invest the cash you got for Pavon and bring on season 2. 

I bumped my payroll budget up to 30+mil and bought a couple more South Americans, including Vinicius Junior for 10.5mil.

Already turned down 20mil offer for Villalba, and 9mil offer for my English striker:

dsorzjO.png

St0vk4l.png

I late subbed him in a bunch of games just to keep him active.