Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips MLS in FMM18: A Beginners Guide

FuddledFox

Great writeup, I can't wait to get started with Atlanta. Super excited about the simplicity of the salary rules, wasn't looking forward to that minefield. 

Yes great write up.......! 

Finally get to play Metrostars/RedBulls career without crazy rules.. 

MLS will never be a copy of European leagues as Pro/Reg won't happen ,plus the league signs players not just the team , you have all the crazy designations /types , salary cap is good for now since earlier on MLS expanded too fast and spent too much money and you had a bunch of those teams having to go out of business and MLS almosted folded ... Gotta remember soccer is 4th/5th ranked sport so unlike most other countries have it as #1 so the competition for fans/ads/tv etc is higher for MLS vs the leagues above it .. MLS has only been in existence for 20 years so it takes time but it's growing ⚽️⚽️⚽️ 

Missing the WC didn't help as National team doesn't have a meaningful competitive game for about 2 years ??

3 hours ago, akbrim said:

Great writeup

3 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Yes great write up

Really glad you guys liked it.

14 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I started with Minnesota and I'm really struggling!

Stick with it mate. I'm sure you can turn it around.

21 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Really glad you guys liked it.

Stick with it mate. I'm sure you can turn it around.

Turns out it was just a bad pre season. I've been top of the division since the off pretty much.

The boards are really harsh this year mind you. I'm 13 games in, top of the league with a healthy financial state and yet the board feel I should be performing slightly better!

2cohseb.png

Edited by Schwantz34
2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Turns out it was just a bad pre season. I've been top of the division since the off pretty much.

The boards are really harsh this year mind you. I'm 13 games in, top of the league with a healthy financial state and yet the board feel I should be performing slightly better!

2cohseb.png

Thats great, I'm glad it is working out for you. The board seem very harsh their maybe if that continues you could report it in the Bugs section because that doesn't seem right.

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/40621-fmm18-bug-list

59 minutes ago, Pipe said:

Just made ATL United champs!

Great effort and  in their first year of exsistence!

I'm still massively enjoying this competiton, although I feel it's very easy to dominate here. Won the league every year but one I've played here. (22 out of 23 that is)

But now I'm looking to start over here. Can anyone recommend me a nice team to play? I've had Real Salt Lake in 2014 on the Vita version which I enjoyed, but the story has to be right in my head and looking at the city, (pictures on google and info on wikipedia) I don't feel there's a 'story'. There doesn't seem to be anything appealing about some teams. I went with NYCFC this year because it's the biggest city in the world, is a relative newcomer in the league, has nice colours and badge and because it's not actually New Jersey Red Bulls. LA Galaxy is too 'shiny' for my taste and FC Dallas reminds me too much of the old television series.

So if anyone has a good suggestions that he can back up with a nice/cool story, feel free to share. I've been thinking about Toronto since it would be cool to have a Canadian team dominate in the US.

@Jens Toronto have one of the best squads in MLS and would be too easy probably, although it's you so you'd probably make it look difficult. If it's the Canada idea you like go with Vancouver Whitecaps or Montreal Impact

One thing with the Canadian teams is that you don't compete in the US FA cup so it's just league games the whole time but that might not bother you.

How about Portland Timbers just because of this guy:P

New England Revolution have a history of losing in the finals of the MLS Cup in 2006 and 2007. Maybe you can turn that around? They have been going downhill ever since, and used to be one of the better teams in the MLS. With players like Diego Fagundez, Lee Nguyen, and Cristian Penilla, I think it could be a fun challenge and maybe you can give them that first MLS Cup they've been waiting for for so long.