Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Niall C

7 Teams to manage in FMM 18

fmm18-top-teams-to-manage.png.png.593f4d83dc4e31a9ec789717592482dd.png

It's that time of year of again. FMM18 is almost upon us and with that the yearly question. "Who will I manage." We all look for a challenge whether it's taking a lower league club to the top or resurrecting a fallen giant. Here are 7 sides to consider when you press that new career button. 

AS_Monaco_FC_svg.png.04ce2fd38bad5a0889b3c95bddb58c00.png

1 AS Monaco (FRA)
The French champions had a great season last year winning their first title in 17 years but this summer saw the principality lose some key players. Bernardo Silva, Benjamin Mendy, Tiémoué Bakayoko all headed to the premier league and most notably wonderkid Kylian Mbappe who left on  loan to their league rivals PSG. They have however signed FMM wonderkid Youri Tielemans as well as Keita Balde and former Man City striker Stevan Jovetic add that to Thomas Lemar and rejuvenated Radamel Falcao challenging for the title should not be a problem.  How will you go about defending the title 

villareal.png.c917186510265f91eaca2d4b4608b340.png

2. Villarreal (SPA)
When looking for a challenge in La liga there are few sides that provide the biggest challenge than the yellow submarine. Villarreal have never won La liga the closest they have come to it is a second place finish in 2008. Since then they have spent most their time floating around 5th to 7th outside of a brief relegation to second division in 2012. They returned to the top flight the following season and since then they are back to battling for a europa league spot. Your job will be to take them beyond that and to their first league title. You have key players like the on loan Carlos Bacca and Cedric Bakambu to lead the line with Nicolas Sansone and former real madrid midfielder Denis Cheryshev to build the side around.

Leverkusen.png.9ba40fd28762fea0f79c76ea8f8c887a.png

3. Bayer Leverkusen (GER)
Have you ever heard the story of Neverkusen.If not you should look it up. It is the name given to Bayer after in 2002 Die Werkself threw away a treble winning opportunity as they surrendered the league and then went on to lose the DFB pokal to bitter rivals Schalke and finally losing the champions league final to Real Madrid when some Zidane guy scored a half decent goal I guess lol. So the question is can you finally land the Bundesliga title this club deserves.The team is made up of high potential wonderkids. Jonathan Tah, Benjamin Henrichs,Julian Brandt and Kai Havertz to name a few.

5a04b1f5b1516_Acmilan.png.b78cf9c42cf4903c982504619f7e68d8.png

4. AC Milan (ITA)
For years now both Milan clubs have being a sleeping giant. I chose Ac Milan because they have had an insane transfer window. Akin to a sugar daddy feature in Fmm spending nearly £175 million,on players like Leonardo Bonucci and Fmm wonderkids Andre Silva, Franck Kessie signing nearly a brand new starting 11. Not to mention they have the future best goalkeeper in the world Donnarumma. Your job is the mould all these new signings into a team capable of challenge for the title and their first Scudetto since 2011.

Valencia.png.79e933b7adda5fd49487327af96e361e.png

5.Valencia (SPA)
If Villareal doesn’t interest you how about their rivals Valencia. Again another side with the challenge of breaking the Barcelona/Madrid stranglehold on la liga. After the last couple of seasons of mid table obscurity the Los Che seem to have got things together. Blending exciting youth players Carlos Soro, Jose Gaya with exciting loanees Goncalo Guedes and Man united’s Andreas Pereira and the beast that is Geoffrey Kondogbia. Can you bring the La Liga title back to Valencia for the first time since Rafa Benitez won a league and europa league double in 2004.

Palermo.png.df4ee7719b665c39987749e155548772.png

6. Palermo (ITA)
I did consider giving this spot to Parma for obvious reasons but I felt that was too obvious a pick. So I went for a side that has also fallen from grace and find themselves in Serie B. The Sicilian club has seen no less than 10 managers since the start of 2015/16 season and finally slipped out of top flight last season. It could have being all so different with an alumni of former world cup winners and stars such as Paulo Dybala, Edinson Cavani and Andrea Belotti. Unfortunately there isn't as many future stars to choose from but with the right investment and keen eye on the free transfer market, you should be able to build the side up. Can you achieve promotion before the trigger happy chairmen makes you the next casualty.

Coventary.jpg.ad03b309f37056caa6a6344124ab529f.jpg
7 Coventry City (ENG)
A side who were synonymous with the early years of the Premier league. After spending much of the 90s flirting with relegation. The Sky blues finally slipped from the top division in 2001. Now after a decade of mismanagement the sky blues find themselves in the fourth tier of English football in League 2. A long way from the glitz of the Premier league. Like Palermo you will have little funds so this maybe a big challenge but can you bring the Coventry City back to the big time.

So they are just a few suggestions of the many possibilities for teams to manage. Especially  with the addition of the new leagues. Who are the teams you're looking to start a career with.

6 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Lots of good options there. AC Milan look very interesting and so do Valencia as I didn't realise they had Kondogbia and Guedes.

there is also zaza, who's on fire currently! 

Spoiler

Solid suggestions mate, I actually mess around with a number of these pretty often. Clubs like Valencia and Villarreal are just a nice level to play at IMO. 

Got a soft spot for AC Milan ever since V.Basten, Rijkaard and Gullit dominated Italian football. Will definitely give them a go at some point. 

Great work! 

Very interesting article, Valencia and Monaco stand out for me with Monaco winning Ligue 1 ahead of moneybags PSG and coming at the cost of losing Mbappe and a lot of their other star players, Thomas Lemar looks a great prospect. Don’t know why Liverpool baulked at the £90 million price tag and Lemar was interested in coming to Anfield as well and even rejected Arsenal because he wanted to work with Klopp.

Monaco's challenge would be trying to keep Lemar, when uber-rich giant clubs come enticing with offers enough to buy Neymar's kidney & end up angering your wonderboy for not allowing him to move :P

I think Dortmund is a very good team to manage in all fm, and this year with players like Aubameyang, Reus, Gotze and wonderkids like Pulisic, Isak or Sancho... And Celta Vigo in 2016/17 could reach two semifinals in UEFA and spanish cup, it's a good idea try to win a title with one of the best teams of Spain