Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM18 General Discussion

samhardy

I've decided to start another save unemployed and, this time, with a normal reputation ....... Can't get any job ! Even un vanarama nation north or south.

So i think the problem is not with the reputation, it's with the unemployed option.

1 minute ago, Jophilo said:

I've decided to start another save unemployed and, this time, with a normal reputation ....... Can't get any job ! Even un vanarama nation north or south.

So i think the problem is not with the reputation, it's with the unemployed option.

let me finish this game and i'll try a journeyman on mine and see what happens. ill let you know.

4 hours ago, JonDoe said:

Honestly can't wait to see how this gem turns out, I'd not even heard of him, not even in real life..

Let him on at the 80th minute for his first game, he pounced on a poor pass by a defender, took it round the keeper cool as you like and slotted it home. 

£20m was a bit steep to say he's 15 at the start of the save, but worth it to see what he comes out at. 

Screenshot_20171110-015312.png

Screenshot_20171110-015732.png

Oh yes mate i just found him also and thought he will make a good 1kc candidate because there are just so many years in him! And he already has some good stats! Maybe u can show us how good he will become!

Edited by salohcin
Just now, salohcin said:

Oh yes mate i just found him also and thought he will make a good 1kc candidate because there are just so many years in him! And he already has some good stats! Maybe u can show us how he grows to become if i dont start my 1kc soon

ill do my best mate! couldn't get him loaned out for some reason before the season, so i've been trying to give him appearances at 3-0 up or so. Gave him a full game in the caraboa cup against luton and brighton too. even came on against roma in the 70th minute as we were 6-1 up!

hopefully in january i can stick him in the reserves and try and get him loaned out for a year. still a lot of loan games in him even before he turns 18!

10 minutes ago, Jophilo said:

started out as a journeyman, loaded england france germany and spain, without my coaching badge and as an unknown manager.

bognor regis just offered me a job on the 10th july.

19 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

started out as a journeyman, loaded england france germany and spain, without my coaching badge and as an unknown manager.

bognor regis just offered me a job on the 10th july.

Android user ?

Started another one and still the same problem for me :(

Just now, Jophilo said:

Android user ?

Started another one and still the same problem for me :(

Yes, android user. if i were you, i'd try choosing your nationality as english and then just applying for all vanarama teams, literally took me a minute or 2 to get a job.

In other news though, just hit 1st january...goretzka and carlos vela both approached for a free transfer at end of season...cant argue with that!

4 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

Yes, android user. if i were you, i'd try choosing your nationality as english and then just applying for all vanarama teams, literally took me a minute or 2 to get a job.

Problem is me nationality. Tryed your advice (english nationality) and get a job in no time !!!

So sad i can't use my real nationality if i want to start unemployed... :(

Anyways, thx mate.

Screenshot_20171111-004920.png

Just now, Jophilo said:

Problem is me nationality. Tryed your advice (english nationality) and get a job in no time !!!

So sad i can't use my real nationality if i want to start unemployed... :(

Anyways, thx mate.

Screenshot_20171111-004920.png

Get yourself up the english league mate then transfer over to france!

1 minute ago, JonDoe said:

Get yourself up the english league mate then transfer over to france!

Playing un english league ain't a problem.

I just want to play as a french manager (nationality).

Just now, Jophilo said:

Playing un english league ain't a problem.

I just want to play as a french manager (nationality).

Well maybe we've found the bug after all. at least now if you let si know then it can be fixed, until then it's england i guess.

27 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

Well maybe we've found the bug after all. at least now if you let si know then it can be fixed, until then it's england i guess.

Wouldn't say that's a bug. It's been like that for years. Naturally, a French manager with no starting reputation would struggle to get a job in the lower reaches of English football (Hardly any foreign managers in non-league). It's the same for English managers with no reputation trying to get a job in France.

Just now, samhardy said:

Wouldn't say that's a bug. It's been like that for years. Naturally, a French manager with no starting reputation would struggle to get a job in the lower reaches of English football (Hardly any foreign managers in non-league). It's the same for English managers with no reputation trying to get a job in France.

Aye but i think his point is as a frenchie he cant get a job in his own land of france in the bottom leagues.

5 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

Aye but i think his point is as a frenchie he cant get a job in his own land of france in the bottom leagues.

That'd be a different story then. In all honesty, I don't know what the correlation of reputation between the French 3rd tier and the English 5th tier is :P

Just now, samhardy said:

That'd be a different story then. In all honesty, I don't know what the correlation of reputation between the French 3rd tier and the English 5th tier is :P

Yeah, i don't even know the name of the french 3rd tier tbh :laugh: i just honestly thought it'd be crap enough for a journeyman to get a job with a team there lol.

9 minutes ago, tsadefalu said:

Well, according to Van Dijk, I don't have senses before.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Screenshot_2017-11-11-08-00-02.png

More like a bad case of sensationalism. Surely vDijk used a better wording? :D

Commentator 1: "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLLLLL for Athletico Madrid!!! And the scorer is... oh wait WHAT?!?!?! Nobody scored it???" 

Commentator 2: "Well I guess we should call in the ghost busters to find our scorer!"

Screenshot_20171111-085008.thumb.png.b85efd089cf7bc5e61ac2f45c49f3d3b.png

3 minutes ago, salohcin said:

Commentator 1: "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLLLLL for Athletico Madrid!!! And the scorer is... oh wait WHAT?!?!?! Nobody scored it???" 

Commentator 2: "Well I guess we should call in the ghost busters to find our scorer!"

Screenshot_20171111-085008.thumb.png.b85efd089cf7bc5e61ac2f45c49f3d3b.png

:laugh::laugh:

Loving the game so far. The tactics side of it really has made it feel more realistic.

My career so far:

14 league games with Villa and I was sacked! 6 wins 4 draws and 4 defeats. Couldn't get a job for a while and then the Crawley job came up. They were bottom after 24 games with 4 wins. 8 games in and the fans set up a petition to sack me! Anyway, 22 games gone with 13 wins and five defeats and I've finished the season in 16th. I've quite enjoyed this save already. The sacking at Villa was probably realistic as Bruce in real life has been under immense pressure with that job. I was 15th when they sacked me.

have to say that so far I've experienced no serious problems and it seems like that it's the same for everybody else - maybe Sledgehammer Games should take a page out of SI's book on how to launch a new game 

also.. I've been away from this community for a while, it's fantastic to see the synergy between SI staff and Vibe members & staff - this is how all game devs should interact with their community, keep it up men 

Edited by Jack

Anyome else thinking the game is just to easy? 

In my first season ive dont the treble with Everton and that without signing a songle player

I’m at Newcastle and trying to sell players.. lots of offers come in but my players reject all the contracts.! Pretty frustrating as nobody comes back in for them. 

This year i have found it really hard to sign players. I'm playing with Man Utd and a lot of players refuse to move or their club refuse. This includes griezmann and rose who IRL want to move to Utd. Well, at least Griezmann does.

It took me 11 months to complete a season on the EME on last year's game and only a day on this year's so that's a positive :)

But I think the game still has problems that haven't been improved

• wingbacks are still too defensive and spend most of the match level with CBs 
  • DMCs are still getting low match ratings
  • Too much manager movement 
  • We should be able to use negative player reaction when we want instead of the game deciding what a poor performance is
  • Player transfer values need to be improved
  • I had players getting promoted from second team without me doing it every couple of months

Anyone agree or disagree with anything?

1 hour ago, Scott said:

It took me 11 months to complete a season on the EME on last year's game and only a day on this year's so that's a positive :)

But I think the game still has problems that haven't been improved

• wingbacks are still too defensive and spend most of the match level with CBs 
  • DMCs are still getting low match ratings
  • Too much manager movement 
  • We should be able to use negative player reaction when we want instead of the game deciding what a poor performance is
  • Player transfer values need to be improved
  • I had players getting promoted from second team without me doing it every couple of months

Anyone agree or disagree with anything?

There's a lot of manager movement because a lot of managers got sacked before data lock and so there are many vacancies.