defence:nvr touch it lol

attack:look for overlap,work into box,through ball

passing style:short

passing focus: mixed

goalkeeper distribution mixed

so far unbeaten in la liga

What are your player roles?

48 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

Thanks alot for this post however Im conceding and losing fair too many matches..? frustrating nothing seems to be working atm - Benfica

This is interesting as we had someone else claim they won 20 in a row with Benfica, we were worried it might be too easy!

On 10/11/2017 at 07:59, Jens said:

On terms of creativity, I don’t have a lot to say. Play creative if you have creative players, play disciplined if you don’t or if you want to make sure you keep a lead. If you’re trailing late in a game, it’s not always a good choice to go more creative as at that time you want incisive attacks, rather than nice flowing, attacking football. You want action and results, instead of pretty football. Then a disciplined approach might be better. I myself never leave the balanced option.

I see this differently. Disciplined means your players will stick more rigidly to their formation and not be as enterprising when attempting to create chances. Your team will be harder to break down, but the trade off is that you are easier to defend against because the build up play/ chance creation is now more predictable. 

Creative means players will be more enterprising and drift from the formation to be unpredictable. Harder to defend against as less predictable, but you players are more likely to be out of position and defensively vulnerable if you lose possession. 

Creative isn't really less incisive than discipline. You are not telling your players to show off; you're telling them to experiment to try and unlock a stubborn defence with a moment of flair or clever movement/ interplay. This can be more 'incisive' if it results in a goal when disciplined makes you to predictable and easy to defend. 

Personally, I don't think a team wide instruction to 'express yourselves' is helpful. Some individual roles automatically come with more creative freedom (e.g. trequartista, Apm, Dlf, Complete forward) and some less (e.g. anchor man, limited defender, defensive full back). I prefer balanced/ disciplined and let individual players take their creative freedom cue from their role instruction.