Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Most bloated transfer price?

MasonT827

Keeping true to real life, the transfer markets prices are bloated beyond belief. I was able to sell Danny Ings as Liverpool for 32 million dollars in my first year, and I have seen crazier. The most absurd one I saw was Fabinho going for 115 million dollars to Tottenham season one. I just wanted to ask what other ridiculous sums and transfers have you all seen?

16 minutes ago, MasonT827 said:

Keeping true to real life, the transfer markets prices are bloated beyond belief. I was able to sell Danny Ings as Liverpool for 32 million dollars in my first year, and I have seen crazier. The most absurd one I saw was Fabinho going for 115 million dollars to Tottenham season one. I just wanted to ask what other ridiculous sums and transfers have you all seen?

When Pogba can be so expensive only to be a turd an year later then you should stop expecting which player deserves what sum of money.. its about the form he is in.... during that period of time... and few years later when he fails to deliver ... people wont buy him for shit

6 minutes ago, Jamie1709 said:

Got offered £25 million from Barcelona for Lovren. Not very realistic. Was the start of a new save as well.

I disagree, Mamadou Sakho was sold to Palace for £30m and he hadn't played football for a year, and Barcelona bought Paulinho from China for £36m this summer. If anything £25m sounds cheap to me!

49 minutes ago, johnvibe77 said:

When Pogba can be so expensive only to be a turd an year later then you should stop expecting which player deserves what sum of money.. its about the form he is in.... during that period of time... and few years later when he fails to deliver ... people wont buy him for shit

Pogba a turd! I assume you haven't watched United without him this season....

25 minutes ago, Jamie1709 said:

Got offered £25 million from Barcelona for Lovren. Not very realistic. Was the start of a new save as well.

Well that's at the start of the season, when the next transfer update comes along I see his stats taking a hit... 

2 hours ago, Rocket said:

In my save conte came out and said he would only sell Andreas Christensen for around 341 million :unamused:

Unlucky, he just said on mine he'd accept offers around 60 million for him. 

I don't know what you guys have been doing for years, but I've been selling players overpriced since the dawn of FMM. The "market" just started overpriced immediately on FMM 18, while in previous editions you have to wait for opportune moments when cash rich clubs splash.

In the past you just had to hold on a little, wait for either Chelsea, Man City, PSG or Real to move first, then offer out your players (preferable in the position of the person that just moved for mega money). There's a good chance the club that just had their player poached will come to you with offers. I can sell most rotation players in top sides for no less than 20m most the time. 2-3 seasons in on FMM17 and I was selling Lallana to Lazio for 24m, Grugic to Stoke for 32.5m, Origi to Villarreal for 79m. Sooner or later, the 150m cap starts to feel like an unrealistic burden on my save already.

Now... I guess you can just probably immediately offer players out, though waiting for splashed cash first is still probably a good idea.

Edited by Meow
2 minutes ago, Meow said:

I don't know what you guys have been doing for years, but I've been selling players overpriced since the dawn of FMM. The "market" just started overpriced immediately on FMM 18, while in previous editions you have to wait for opportune moments when cash rich clubs splash.

In the past you just had to hold on a little, wait for either Chelsea, Man City, PSG or Real to move first, then offer out your players (preferable in the position of the person that just moved for mega money). There's a good chance the club that just had their player poached will come to you with offers. I can sell most rotation players in top sides for no less than 20m most the time. 2-3 seasons in on FMM17 and I was selling Lallana to Lazio for 24m, Grugic to Stoke for 32.5m, Origi to Villarreal for 79m. Sooner or later, the 150m cap starts to feel like an unrealistic burden on my save already.

Now I guess.... you just can probably just immediately offer players out, though waiting for splashed cash first is still probably a good idea.

I've not had luck like that, always had to splash out extra yet not much offers. Bidding wars? More like bidding poor. 

PSG just offered me $76m for Alex Iwobi. He was supposed to replace Alexis Sanchez but since I managed to get Alexis to sign a new contract, I sold Iwobi. Win-win situation. 

If only this were real life...

48 minutes ago, tsadefalu said:

I have seen Fabinho go for £347mil.

In my save, a club wanted Rabiot for £88mil.

Pretty crazy right?

347 mil is a bit much - we'd like to look into that. How far into the game are you?

We've tried to make things reflect the slightly nuts reality at the moment, it's a tricky balancing act as some transfers IRL seem to disregard a player's objective worth.

3 hours ago, zerose said:

PSG just offered me $76m for Alex Iwobi. He was supposed to replace Alexis Sanchez but since I managed to get Alexis to sign a new contract, I sold Iwobi. Win-win situation. 

If only this were real life...

Bugger, I can't get Alexis to sign, and nobody made an offer for him when I transfer listed him.  Bought Lemar for £72m in anticipation of selling Alexis, too.

In the end, sold Bellerin to Spurs for £70m.

2 hours ago, Alari said:

347 mil is a bit much - we'd like to look into that. How far into the game are you?

We've tried to make things reflect the slightly nuts reality at the moment, it's a tricky balancing act as some transfers IRL seem to disregard a player's objective worth.

Second season now