Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Glasgow Rangers - Road to 10 in a Row

forbes5

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB have won more league titles than any other club in the world. Both Rangers and Celtic have won 9 league titles in a row but neither have managed to make it 10. Celtic are currently attempting to do this in real life and it's made me want to do this with Rangers for my first FMM18 save. 

CAREER GOALS 

• Replace Celtic as the dominant force in Scottish Football 
  • Get Rangers back into Europe, I aim to win the Europa League and Champions League during my save
  • 2x players in the current squad must play a key role in each and every one of our title winning seasons, they cannot be dropped or sold (I will reveal these players soon) 
  • 2x seasons I must remain unbeaten for an entire domestic campaign 

MY MANAGERIAL PHILOSOPHIES

As this is my first save on FMM18 I did not want to impose rule after rule on this career but thought I'd let you know a bit about the managerial philisophies I always follow. 

• I always look to sign players under the age of 24 
  • The exception is when I bring back former players 
  • I don't have a specfic formation I stick to and base this around where the strengths lie in my squad, I like to adjust my tactics as my career progresses 
  • I tend to have a best XI and play this side without failure, unless one of these players is injured or lacking fitness 

I hope many of you will follow and I'd love for you to join me on my journey to the history books! 

440px-Rangers_FC.svg.png

Edited by forbes5

FIRST SEASON OBJECTIVES 

• Win an Old Firm match
  • Qualify for Europa League 
  • Identify the 2x players I wish to join me on the full 10 in a row 

One thing you may point out is that I've not mentioned winning the league as an objective. I would obviously love to do this and at Rangers this is always the aim but Celtic currently have a vastly superior squad. I want to beat Celtic at least once and push them all the way.

I am likely to stick with the current squad until January due to a lot of arrivals coming in this summer during the failed Pedro Caixinha era. 

Screenshot_20171110-113140.png

TACTICS AND PLAYING STYLE

As you will see we are going to be packing the midfield with a 4-3-2-1 formation. 

This allows us to play with an attacking mentality whilst still maintaining a good shape when hit on the counter attack. I expect the AI to play this way against me due to the majority of teams in the Scottish Premiership being weaker than us. 

• We have many good dribblers and I want to make use of this trait by using the Run at Defence command
  • I'm hopeful by playing 2x box to box midfielders we will have enough support going forward as well as tracking back
  • Wingers have been used to add extra width to the side, we have some great crossers, I feel inside forwards would get in the way of our BBM's
  • My strikers only job is to score goals! this is why I've selected a poacher, think Ally McCoist or more recently Kris Boyd(2 Rangers legends) this type of player is what I am going for 
  • The defence has been kept basic, I don't want us overcomplicating things at the back

I'm hoping this tactic will help me to achieve my goals this season but may be making tweaks as the season progresses. 

Screenshot_20171111-175510.png

Screenshot_20171111-175457.png

Screenshot_20171111-175506.png

PRE SEASON / EUROPA LEAGUE 

You will see we have started with an 100% record, building momentum for the season ahead. 

We have made it through to the Europa League Playoff. Atletico Bilbao stand between us and the group stages which is going to be a tough ask for us! 

Eduardo Herrera, the Mexico international has been a revelation so far scoring 9 goals in 6 continental matches. With him and Morelos we shouldn't struggle for goals.

We have had two players sent off already this season which brings our first tactical change from committed tackling to normal. 

Screenshot_20171111-184730.png

Screenshot_20171111-184743.png

Screenshot_20171111-184756.png

Screenshot_20171111-184809.png

Screenshot_20171111-184906.png

Screenshot_20171111-184911.png

THE FUTURE LEGENDS OF IBROX 

I have now decide who my 2x players are who will play in each and every one of our ten in a row title campaigns! 

Ross McCrorie - the 19 year old has so much potential and what better way to learn than being partnered beside Bruno Alves, one of the most experienced defenders in the game. 

Jamie Barjonas - His stats are still raw but I have high hopes for this 18 year old. I plan on easing him into the BBM role and hopefully he can shine. 

I will be tracking and updating you on there progress through the career. You'll notice I've picked two scottish youngsters who have been brought through the youth system as it's really important to me that we make use of our academy if we're going to be successful. 

Screenshot_20171111-223808.png

Screenshot_20171111-223814.png

RANGERS RETURN TO EUROPE 

We have done it, we qualify for the group stages all thanks to the away goals rule! 

After a bore 0-0 draw at home, we came from behind twice away from home and held out for the win, showing great determination within the squad. 

It's worth noting that Celtic join me in the Europa League after defeat in the Champions League playoffs. 

As you'll see our group contains - Koln, Vit Guimaraes and Sparta Prague   

Screenshot_20171112-000525.png

Screenshot_20171112-000530.png

Screenshot_20171112-000517.png

Good start with solid scorelines. Come to think of it I rarely play in Scotland for some reason. Should get one done this year, maybe once you complete yours ;)

Please change the tag to career. Thanks and goodluck! 

3 hours ago, Aaron55 said:

Great start :D

Thanks mate, our current squad of players is performing better than I expected 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Good start with solid scorelines. Come to think of it I rarely play in Scotland for some reason. Should get one done this year, maybe once you complete yours ;)

Please change the tag to career. Thanks and goodluck! 

You should give it a try mate, trying to be successful in Europe at Scottish clubs is always a challenge due to the low transfer budgets year on year. Especially if you're not Rangers or Celtic.

Sorry just noticed the tag, all changed now and ready for more FM playing! 

37 minutes ago, forbes5 said:

You should give it a try mate, trying to be successful in Europe at Scottish clubs is always a challenge due to the low transfer budgets year on year. Especially if you're not Rangers or Celtic.

I had the Scottish league on TV here last year and kinda liked watching Ross County play. Youngish team, new to the SPL, and didn't really play like your typical newcomer if you will. They had this "if we die we die fighting" thing about them. At least the 10 or so games I watched. 

If I'm doing a career in Scotland it'll probably be this club. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I had the Scottish league on TV here last year and kinda liked watching Ross County play. Youngish team, new to the SPL, and didn't really play like your typical newcomer if you will. They had this "if we die we die fighting" thing about them. At least the 10 or so games I watched. 

If I'm doing a career in Scotland it'll probably be this club. 

They've recently lost a lot of key players, most notably Liam Boyce a proven goalscorer in this league who left for Burton Albion. 

They are one of the most challenging sides to manage in this league so good luck if you attempt this challenge ;) 

TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES 

August saw us go unbeaten and open up a 5 point gap over Celtic after only 4 games. 

Aberdeen have done the same but we remain top on goal difference after scoring an impressive 11 goals conceding just once. 

You'll see we didn't sign anyone this window, I wanted to give the current squad of players a chance to show me what we can do. I thought about strengthening after reaching the Europa League group stages but stuck by my guns. 

A few youngsters going out on loan as I want everyone to be getting game time. 

Lee Hodson is sold as he isn't good enough to be even a squad player for me. 

September will see the start of the Europa League group stages as well as our first old firm derby! 

Screenshot_20171112-104213.png

Screenshot_20171112-104424.png

Screenshot_20171112-104326.png

Good luck mate, just make sure to come second every season (so celtic can get 10 in a row) and qualify for the champions league through the europa league. ;)

On 12/11/2017 at 13:00, samhardy said:

Rangers over Celtic any day of the week for me. Good start mate!

Glad to hear it mate, thanks! 

On 12/11/2017 at 13:02, Taff said:

Very solid start dude, will be nice to see Celtics dominance overturned 

That's the plan, although I reckon it's going to be challenging winning the league every year, Celtic have money to spend.

22 hours ago, Rocket said:

Good luck mate, just make sure to come second every season (so celtic can get 10 in a row) and qualify for the champions league through the europa league. ;)

That's looking likely in real life mate haha, hopefully I can turn it round in game ;)

1 hour ago, Niall C said:

Great start. Miss the days of Celtic having competition for the title. Hopefully you can change that.

I agree, having both teams challenging is great for scottish football and gets the rest of the world tuning into old firm derbies

A MONTH OF FIRSTS 

September saw us play our first Europa League match, first Old Firm and first defeat :'(

As you can see we hammered Sparta Prague and I was impressed with the 4-0 scoreline.

We drew 2-2 in the first derby, I was disappointed to be leading twice and not being able to see out the win.

I rotated my squad before this match to keep everyone 100% fitness but it backfired and I was beaten 2-1 by Partick. 

Screenshot_20171114-183246.png

Screenshot_20171114-183251.png

Screenshot_20171114-183301.png

Screenshot_20171114-183312.png

MEXICAN MAGIC 

Eduardo Herrera has been a phenemenon this season scoring 31 goals in 23 matches.

As you'll see we are on a tremendous run at the moment and are unplayable at times, long way it continue. 

Despite 10 wins from 12 we are only 2 points ahead of Celtic, its going to be a close one. 

We are in our first final as we win 7-0 in the semi of the Betfred Cup. 

UNDER 20'S

I've recently noticed that my under 20's do not play any matches, they are not in a league. Any young talent will have to be sent out on loan unless they are going to be playing in the first team. 

Screenshot_20171114-234126.png

Screenshot_20171114-234234.png

Screenshot_20171114-234218.png

Screenshot_20171114-234213.png

Screenshot_20171114-234150.png

Screenshot_20171114-234139.png

FIRST SILVERWARE AT FIRST ATTEMPT 

We have done it, we beat Celtic 5-3 in the Betfred Cup final which means we win our first trophy before christmas! 

Alfredo Morelos becomes a hero after scoring a hattrick against our biggest rivals, the young columbian will be hoping this kickstarts his career at the club.

We also qualify from our Europa League group with one game to spare after an impressive campaign thus far. 

Screenshot_20171118-232946.png

Screenshot_20171118-232941.png

Screenshot_20171118-232958.png

2018 IS UPON US - JANUARY UPDATE

We have went on an amazing win streak since our cup final victory and seem to be unbeatable at the moment. 

Brendan Rodgers was having nightmares about me and decided to run away to West Ham leaving Celtic to find a new manager that's yet to be announced. 

I've been rotating Morelos and Herrera in my 1 upfront formation and you'll see they top the league scoring charts with 35 goals between them already although if you add on other competitions its 71 between the pair! 

We sell a hot prospect in Jordan Rossiter, once tipped to be the next Steven Gerrard, Jordans injury problems and lack of tactical knowledge to adapt to my formation led to me adding him to the transfer list. 

Do we buy in January or stick with the current squad till the summer? 

Screenshot_20171124-010819.png

Screenshot_20171124-010809.png

Screenshot_20171124-011018.png

Screenshot_20171124-011111.png

Screenshot_20171124-011221.png

Screenshot_20171124-011237.png

Screenshot_20171124-011252.png

12 minutes ago, Aaron55 said:

Hey, remember  there's a vacancy at Rangers just now if you're interested ??

That would be the dream! Doubt I'd do any worse than Caixinha ? 

FIRST SIGNING OF THE CAREER

I decided to spend my full budget on John McGinn one of the hottest prospects in scottish football. 2 million is a good price for someone I see getting better and better with the right training. 

Celtic controversially bring in Michael Laudrup as new manager. You'll know his brother Brian is deemed by the majority as Rangers fans as the best player to have ever played with Rangers. Lets hope his brother doesn't have the same level of success in Glasgow. 

Screenshot_20171125-192606.png

Screenshot_20171125-192628.png