Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-2-3-1 for FMM 2018

dthio96

Hi! So it's only been a few days into FMM2018 and I've adopted a 4-2-3-1 tactic that has so far been doing okay?
However, I've only been playing challenges so far (I tend to do that with every new FM version xD) so I don't know how it works with lower league teams.

But anyways, I've experimented a little and this tactic is actually kinda similar to the one I use in FM17 (the PC version). The tactic is also similar to this version I found:

https://www.fmscout.com/a-hawk-eye-4231-fm17.html

But okay tactics below let's go!

photo6066842671302944734.thumb.jpg.ddc76576b2d832fa90dc4aa0a15e7a56.jpgphoto6066842671302944737.thumb.jpg.4d95171a4a86aed11b25d2bbfde1c5e0.jpgphoto6066842671302944738.thumb.jpg.533b62c3cda158f677b9a9dbab52c8a5.jpgphoto6066842671302944736.thumb.jpg.99257216c7e8a59e2e9a6d960e561ba0.jpg

There are ways of customising the formation, such as changing 'Control' to either 'Attacking' or 'Counter' based on your own preference. If you want to play a short passing game, you can even change goalkeeper distribution to 'short'.

I've gotten the results as follows, but remember that it's in challenge mode (I think I was playing Injury Crisis for the screenshot below).

photo6066842671302944735.thumb.jpg.7a2f9e3e1bd959eb310ec2012f5f0763.jpg

Anyways, feel free to comment on any changes/improvements you want to make to better this tactic. Also, to anyone who's successful with this, you can post your results below too! At the end of the day, have fun with FMM18 :))))

P.S. I'm using intensive training too cos it's AMAZING so if you are not, go use it! Shoutout to the amazing creator of this training method :)))

UPDATED 12th Nov 2017:

- So far, one of the things I've noticed about this tactic (and through feedback) is that if you do not have a wonderful BWM, your team will simply collapse LOL (etc. other team dominating your midfield)

- Another thing I've noticed is that if both your IFs aren't having a good day, the chances are that you might have 20 or so shots with hopefully about half of them on target but you won't get a single goal and your IFs are likely to be rated 6 each :(

Edited by dthio96
2 hours ago, JHghgh said:

Who's your top scorer using this tactic ?? 

I'm not really sure cos like I said I've only been playing challenges so far so I'm not really sure? But I've noticed it's usually the striker who scores the most followed by the two IFs (if that helps!)

14 minutes ago, dthio96 said:

I'm not really sure cos like I said I've only been playing challenges so far so I'm not really sure? But I've noticed it's usually the striker who scores the most followed by the two IFs (if that helps!)

OK man thx will try this tactic =) 

Just picked this tactic up halfway through a turgid debut season with West Ham. Previously was struggling to score goals and was having 10+ shots on target without looking likely. 

Since changing to this tactic I've had 3 wins and a draw and I'm getting SO much more out of my AP (Lanzini) and my striker (Hernandez). Only issue is West Ham have Arnautovic and Antonio that aren't natural IFs, so will have to improve them. 

Rate the tactic well so far. 

12 minutes ago, Alice in Hangeland said:

Just picked this tactic up halfway through a turgid debut season with West Ham. Previously was struggling to score goals and was having 10+ shots on target without looking likely. 

Since changing to this tactic I've had 3 wins and a draw and I'm getting SO much more out of my AP (Lanzini) and my striker (Hernandez). Only issue is West Ham have Arnautovic and Antonio that aren't natural IFs, so will have to improve them. 

Rate the tactic well so far. 

I would've thought Arnautovic was perfect for IF, even if the game says otherwise. On the right side you can use Antonio as a W and switch the RB to FB and it should still work, if anything that's a more balanced setup than the original.

1 hour ago, Fish18ish said:

I would've thought Arnautovic was perfect for IF, even if the game says otherwise. On the right side you can use Antonio as a W and switch the RB to FB and it should still work, if anything that's a more balanced setup than the original.

Yeah that's what I thought but even once you get past how injury prone he is I guess his 11 shooting lets him down. Ayew scores more often as the left IF even though he's very one footed! 

Still impressed with it so far, has taken my Hammers from around 11~13th up to 6th so far, beating Spurs and Chelsea. 

Edit: As an important tip for anyone who tries this tactic out I would heavily suggest you make a top quality BWM one of your main focuses if you don't already have one. 

I have Kouyate at West Ham who is superb in the role but as soon as he gets injured I have little depth there and start shipping goals. 

Edited by Alice in Hangeland
1 hour ago, Alice in Hangeland said:

Yeah that's what I thought but even once you get past how injury prone he is I guess his 11 shooting lets him down. Ayew scores more often as the left IF even though he's very one footed! 

Still impressed with it so far, has taken my Hammers from around 11~13th up to 6th so far, beating Spurs and Chelsea. 

Edit: As an important tip for anyone who tries this tactic out I would heavily suggest you make a top quality BWM one of your main focuses if you don't already have one. 

I have Kouyate at West Ham who is superb in the role but as soon as he gets injured I have little depth there and start shipping goals. 

I haven't played many matches yet, just out of interest is it still important to use a BWM or BBM in midfield or can you get away with out? If I'm using an anchor man or DM I don't really want to use another defensive role if I can help it.

16 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

I haven't played many matches yet, just out of interest is it still important to use a BWM or BBM in midfield or can you get away with out? If I'm using an anchor man or DM I don't really want to use another defensive role if I can help it.

Well personally, I've had a few matches without a good BWM and my team just collapses.

On the other hand, I've had Trent Alexander Arnold fill in for the BWM role a few times and he's been really good at it so...

On 11/11/2017 at 15:50, Fish18ish said:

I've tried most midfield combos in this tactic as yes I agree sometimes I feel like having a BWM-DLP partnership is too defensive and would like to play a more creative midfielder at times, mostly a few youth prospects who like to play as AP at CM. I've found that BWM-CM works well and occasionally BWM-BBM works a treat too, especially with a good BBM however I found BWM-AP to be really inconsistent and then my AM doesn't do so well. 

I'd say the BWM is essential here but you can experiment with his partner. 

I've also tried like you suggested with having a W and FB down the right and that has seen me concede less on average but the W is much less involved in the game. 

This tactics is deadly

i tryed it everywhere and it works

i always have 60-70 possession.

My resultsIMG_0162.thumb.PNG.4d701d862d3cf6c67548fdee92a79800.PNGIMG_0163.thumb.PNG.835c9a5c91cea7b8d8708c3998e8d0cb.PNG

and my top ball wining monster. 

IMG_0165.thumb.PNG.863dac0673b3e76b519081f559b265cf.PNGIMG_0167.thumb.PNG.45d99585a8b0314f9da70d5375af70d2.PNG

I agree, this tactics doesn't work without a good dog in this key position 

Thx mate, it's the best posted here

I tried this tactic with spurs. I win premier league in my first season but lost to real madrid in UCL final. Kane be the beast with this tactic. Here I show you Kane’s performance and my team result for new season. 

33EDEC3D-6F6D-4451-960D-5AD066305D00.png

3A721215-71EB-4774-AB63-B1CAE105D69B.png

On 2017/11/11 at 22:38, Alice in Hangeland said:

;)I've managing the Hammers too and Kouyate is a quality BWM. In the half season you can BOS signing Groetzka(only need a 80-90k/week contract), to get more depth and his key attributes make him a more all-around BWM, then you can choose a normal level DLP(like Noble))with him. Another Bargain BWM I must mention an old friend Ilsanker from RBL, he'll always be listed by the team, and just cost you little.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:31, dthio96 said:

Hi! So it's only been a few days into FMM2018 and I've adopted a 4-2-3-1 tactic that has so far been doing okay?
However, I've only been playing challenges so far (I tend to do that with every new FM version xD) so I don't know how it works with lower league teams.

But anyways, I've experimented a little and this tactic is actually kinda similar to the one I use in FM17 (the PC version). The tactic is also similar to this version I found:

https://www.fmscout.com/a-hawk-eye-4231-fm17.html

But okay tactics below let's go!

photo6066842671302944734.thumb.jpg.ddc76576b2d832fa90dc4aa0a15e7a56.jpgphoto6066842671302944737.thumb.jpg.4d95171a4a86aed11b25d2bbfde1c5e0.jpgphoto6066842671302944738.thumb.jpg.533b62c3cda158f677b9a9dbab52c8a5.jpgphoto6066842671302944736.thumb.jpg.99257216c7e8a59e2e9a6d960e561ba0.jpg

There are ways of customising the formation, such as changing 'Control' to either 'Attacking' or 'Counter' based on your own preference. If you want to play a short passing game, you can even change goalkeeper distribution to 'short'.

I've gotten the results as follows, but remember that it's in challenge mode (I think I was playing Injury Crisis for the screenshot below).

photo6066842671302944735.thumb.jpg.7a2f9e3e1bd959eb310ec2012f5f0763.jpg

Anyways, feel free to comment on any changes/improvements you want to make to better this tactic. Also, to anyone who's successful with this, you can post your results below too! At the end of the day, have fun with FMM18 :))))

P.S. I'm using intensive training too cos it's AMAZING so if you are not, go use it! Shoutout to the amazing creator of this training method :)))

UPDATED 12th Nov 2017:

- So far, one of the things I've noticed about this tactic (and through feedback) is that if you do not have a wonderful BWM, your team will simply collapse LOL (etc. other team dominating your midfield)

- Another thing I've noticed is that if both your IFs aren't having a good day, the chances are that you might have 20 or so shots with hopefully about half of them on target but you won't get a single goal and your IFs are likely to be rated 6 each :(

Hello 

great tactic ????

Please did you put the Full backs on defensive traning like the center defenders??

and the DLP and BWM on defensive traning or general traning??

and finally the AP on general or attacking traning ?

and because i am a Liverpool fan can you show me the players you sold and the players you bought?

and who was your wonderful BWM ?? ?

just wondering from the current squad which players was the most important for you ?

regards 

Edited by Rami
On 02/12/2017 at 16:46, Rami said:

Hello 

great tactic ????

Please did you put the Full backs on defensive traning like the center defenders??

and the DLP and BWM on defensive traning or general traning??

and finally the AP on general or attacking traning ?

and because i am a Liverpool fan can you show me the players you sold and the players you bought?

and who was your wonderful BWM ?? ?

just wondering from the current squad which players was the most important for you ?

regards 

Hi so to answer your questions.

Full backs are on 'General' training as set in the Intensive training link above (go check it out!)

All midfielders are on 'General' too. Except the IFs who are all on 'Attacking' and for the one playing in the AM position, I still ain't sure whether it's better to set him on 'General' or 'Attacking'.

I'm sorry but the save data is long gone HAHAH bcos I was just playing Challenge Mode then. But for Liverpool, they don't need much except maybe a good GK (I'm sorry to all Liverpool fans out there but you really need good goalkeepers LOL) and perhaps a backup striker!

My 'wonderful BWM' was Trent HAHAHAHAH surpriseeee

Ehhh if I recall correctly, I basically played this lineup most of the time (once the team had recovered):

Firmino

Mane - Coutinho - Sallah

TRENT - Henderson

Moreno - Matip - Lovren - Clyne

Karius

Lastly, sorry for the late late late reply gosh schoolwork kills LOL